1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    31 Aug '13 04:423 edits
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Are you sure when the earth was created?

The Instructor
    In order for you thesis to be proven right, there has to be more and more work done proving your idea of variable time rates which ain't happening. The more science work is done on the age of Earth, the more convincing is the evidence, not diminishing confidence.

Confidence builds year by year about the age of Earth to everyone but the nay sayers who just want to use their so-called science to destroy evolution.

Really just repaved BS used many times before and refuted many times before but right wing christian fundie nutters just keep posting the same crap over and over as if telling lies continuously will win over converts, which might even happen since they are going for the lowest common denominator, the weak minded ones who are half convinced already.

It is a political ploy to gain converts so they can win popularity battles in their obvious tactics such as the latest attempt, pulling the 'freedom of speech' card, hoping to snag a judge to agree with them to be able to force middle and high schools to teach creationism as if it were a science which it decidedly is not and they ALL know it.

That is what makes it a political game, using pseudoscience BS as a weapon against real science.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    31 Aug '13 05:554 edits
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    In order for you thesis to be proven right, there has to be more and more work done proving your idea of variable time rates which ain't happening. The more science work is done on the age of Earth, the more convincing is the evidence, not diminishing confidence.

Confidence builds year by year about the age of Earth to everyone but the nay sayers who ju t is what makes it a political game, using pseudoscience BS as a weapon against real science.
    The problem, as I see it, is that evilution is being taught as science when it decidedly is not. It is a philosophy, not a science.

http://www.str.org/articles/evolution---philosophy-not-science

YouTube&list=PL59FD389070AA0F00

The Instructor
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    31 Aug '13 13:42
    The problem, as I see it, is that evilution is being taught as science when it decidedly is not. It is a philosophy, not a science.

http://www.str.org/articles/evolution---philosophy-not-science

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3K5Pgu7wkY&list=PL59FD389070AA0F00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ICcfbqUFZo&list=PL59FD389070AA0F00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=db_do4ECvZA&list=PL59FD389070AA0F00

The Instructor
    Once again, proving my point, you let other people do your thinking for you, you being unable to come up with anything CLOSE to a valid argument on your own. The most creative thing you have come up with in years was the idea the moon cooled down by being dowsed with water. Imaginative but fatally flawed logic.

You have to do better than that in the mental department to make any real waves here or in science. You are a one trick pony with no interest outside your desperate belief in your out dated dogma of a 6K old Earth and universe. Till you get past that asinine stance you have ZERO hope of influencing ANYONE here, science OR spirituality.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    31 Aug '13 19:28
    Once again, proving my point, you let other people do your thinking for you, you being unable to come up with anything CLOSE to a valid argument on your own.
    http://xkcd.com/154/

Sometimes, other peoples thoughts are better. 🙂
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    31 Aug '13 21:24
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    http://xkcd.com/154/

Sometimes, other peoples thoughts are better. 🙂
    The professor says science does not ask for your faith, it just asks for your eyes. I don't see any frogs or apes turning into men. I would have to have much faith to believe that. Evilution requires faith, since nobody has ever observed it happen with their eyes.

Everyone can look at the mountains, but you can not tell how old they are by looking at them. It looks to me that the student must make a decision as to who to believe by faith.

The Instructor
  6. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    31 Aug '13 21:35

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    31 Aug '13 21:36
    The professor says science does not ask for your faith, it just asks for your eyes. I don't see any frogs or apes turning into men. I would have to have much faith to believe that. Evilution requires faith, since nobody has ever observed it happen with their eyes.

Everyone can look at the mountains, but you can not tell how old they are by looking at ...[text shortened]... ks to me that the student must make a decision as to who to believe by faith.

The Instructor
    I don't see any "holy spirits" raping virgins or zombies walking on water but you still expect us to believe the same chit you've been swallowing 😵

The Destructor
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    31 Aug '13 21:37
    Once again, proving my point, you let other people do your thinking for you, you being unable to come up with anything CLOSE to a valid argument on your own. The most creative thing you have come up with in years was the idea the moon cooled down by being dowsed with water. Imaginative but fatally flawed logic.

You have to do better than that in the men ...[text shortened]... past that asinine stance you have ZERO hope of influencing ANYONE here, science OR spirituality.
    You have not given me any logical reason to abandon my faith and believe in your faith. You are relying on other people to do research just as I have to do. However, the difference is in who we believe that interprets that research.

You have a bias against God or a super intelligent creator, so you ignore that possibility. My bias is for an intelligent creator that I identify as the God of the Holy Bible. It is all about a philosophy of belief and not really the science at all, the facts can be interpreted either way. I just believe you are wrong and I am right.

The Instructor
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    31 Aug '13 21:43
    Originally posted by Agerg
    I don't see any "holy spirits" raping virgins or zombies walking on water but you still expect us to believe the same chit you've been swallowing 😵

The Destructor
    I am not expecting you to believe anything. I am just presenting what I believe in contrast to what the atheist evilutionists believes. You are free to reject the truth if you will. That is, entirely up to you. But in the end at the judgment, you will not have the excuse that nobody ever told you.

The Instructor
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Sep '13 03:14
    You have not given me any logical reason to abandon my faith and believe in your faith. You are relying on other people to do research just as I have to do. However, the difference is in who we believe that interprets that research.

You have a bias against God or a super intelligent creator, so you ignore that possibility. My bias is for an intelligent ...[text shortened]... s can be interpreted either way. I just believe you are wrong and I am right.

The Instructor
    Why did your creator then make gay people to be killed by people with twisted mores? Why did your so-called god permit people to be tortured by other people, millions on millions killed by torture, 100 million people killed in the communist pogroms. Looks an awful lot like your alleged god doesn't give a rats ass about humans. Or is that your gods idea of population control?

Why, since your god would have known the beginning, middle and end times of the human race, did it give us the ability to reproduce like rabbits and cause the extinction of more animal species than has happened in the past 30 million years?

Seems like your so called god doesn't even give a crap about his own creations, the animals either.

Some god you have there.
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    01 Sep '13 16:03
    1. Evolution does not claim that you would see frogs or apes turning into men.
    2. The fact that you had to deliberately create that strawman suggests that you know that you have no valid arguments against evolution.
    3. This also explains your insistence on using your own made up word 'evilution' because you know perfectly well that you do actually accept the fact of 'evolution', you just can stand to admit it publicly so you hide behind words like 'adaptation'.
    4. You actually believe that animals have changed much faster than scientists believe would be possible.

Science doesn't require faith. It does require a certain amount of honesty and intelligence - you have neither, so you will never get along well with science.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Sep '13 17:03
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    1. Evolution does not claim that you would see frogs or apes turning into men.
    2. The fact that you had to deliberately create that strawman suggests that you know that you have no valid arguments against evolution.
    3. This also explains your insistence on using your own made up word 'evilution' because you know perfectly well that you do actually accep ...[text shortened]... nesty and intelligence - you have neither, so you will never get along well with science.
    You don't seem to have the qualifications either and you don't fool me by claiming to be a programmer.

The Instructor
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    01 Sep '13 22:15
    Originally posted by apathist
    ... it trips me that our very system of tabulating years depends on dear Jesus.
    our ?

There are over 50 different calendars currently in use.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_calendars

Nothing special about one that 'starts' around about the supposed birth year of a mythological messiah.
  14. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Sep '13 06:29
    Originally posted by vistesd
    It is you who, in your ignorance and your pretence of knowledge you do not possess, disqualifies yourself. It is senseless to have any exchange with you at all so from here on out I will refrain.
    You fool.

Tell me the difference between true religion and false religion.

Give 5 examples.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Sep '13 00:59
    Originally posted by Dasa
    You fool.

Tell me the difference between true religion and false religion.

Give 5 examples.
    There is only one example that needs to be evoked: THERE IS NO REAL RELIGION ON EARTH INCLUDING YOURS. ESPECIALLY YOURS.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree