1. Joined
    05 Feb '11
    Moves
    29 Nov '11 08:19
    When Bin Laden was killed, the US President commented that "the head of the snake is killed." I repeated the same thing on Facebook and Twitter but I noticed that there was an amazing silence on FB and Twitter.

So here are the issues....

1) Whether it is right to kill a man because he was so evil and caused so many innocents to die? The 10 commandments forbids us to kill.
    2) Why it took so long to kill Bin Laden and Hitler? Was there a conspiracy to keep those two alive to fuel war production, etc?
    3) Why people kept silent on FB/Twitter after Bin Laden was killed?. I remember a quote "All that is needed for the forces of evil to succeed is for enough good men to remain silent."
    4) What if Hitler & Bin Laden were killed much earlier in their lives, it would have saved millions of people and the world might have been a much better place with all their potential/talents.

While, I am not for killing, I personally believe it was right to take out Bin Laden, but it should have been done much earlier. Assassination when used with such surgical precision can be like taking out a cancer; and bring about much good.

Your views Biblical or otherwise...
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Nov '11 09:041 edit
    Originally posted by shahenshah
    When Bin Laden was killed, the US President commented that "the head of the snake is killed." I repeated the same thing on Facebook and Twitter but I noticed that there was an amazing silence on FB and Twitter.

1) Whether it is right to kill a man because he was so evil and caused so many innocents to die? The 10 command like taking out a cancer; and bring about much good.

Pakistan was protecting him by allowing him to hide in their nation.
    That is my view.

P.S. I understand that he was killed because he was reaching for a
    weapon.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Nov '11 10:15

1) Whether it is right to kill a man because he was so evil and caused so many innocents to die? The 10 command ...[text shortened]... like taking out a cancer; and bring about much good.

Death honours no one. The United states government is a very fickle friend!
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Nov '11 11:28
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Death honours no one. The United states government is a very fickle friend!
    Yes, we do not act to friendly toward betrayers.
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    29 Nov '11 11:35
    I am generally in favour of assassination as opposed to war. I think the whole concept of hiring thousands of soldiers to die on the battle field along with many innocent civilians whilst the instigators sit back and watch, is so unfair and out dated.
    If we really have to kill, then kill the leader and only the leader.
    Of course capturing would be even better.

The only reason why assassinations and kidnappings are not carried out by major governments against foreign leaders, is because it is considered politically incorrect. For some reason the general public has less problem with killing thousands of soldiers and civilians than will killing one leader.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Nov '11 14:101 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Yes, we do not act to friendly toward betrayers.
    it wasn't that when you were handing out stinger missiles to help the Mujahideen fight
    the Russians though was it, he was your big time buddy then. American government,
    fast and fickle friend! and now you just killed 24 Pakistani nationals, imagine if Pakistan
    had done the same in America, oops were sorry i dont think would wash, do you?
  7. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    29 Nov '11 14:29
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I am generally in favour of assassination as opposed to war. I think the whole concept of hiring thousands of soldiers to die on the battle field along with many innocent civilians whilst the instigators sit back and watch, is so unfair and out dated.
    If we really have to kill, then kill the leader and only the leader.
    Of course capturing would be even ...[text shortened]... has less problem with killing thousands of soldiers and civilians than will killing one leader.
    Bin laden was a terrorist, and leader (possibly just figure head?) of a terrorist organisation.

As such he aught to have been arrested and put in prison, no martyrdom for him.
    However that wasn't likely to ever happen and so the US assassinated him when they finally
    found him.

The leaders of countries however are a different matter.

If you assassinate leaders of countries to achieve your goals, you invite people to assassinate
    the leaders of your country (and/or their families) in retribution, or simply because you set the
    precedent.

The question is whether it really is that one guy who is the cause of the problem, or the entire
    leadership structure, or the people at large.

Assassinating Hitler would have changed the course of events, but I doubt it would have stopped
    WW2 from happening.

Also, assassination is not always as easy as it's made out, the people who you likely would want
    to assassinate tend to have large and paranoid security surrounding them.
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    29 Nov '11 15:13
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    The leaders of countries however are a different matter.

If you assassinate leaders of countries to achieve your goals, you invite people to assassinate
    the leaders of your country (and/or their families) in retribution, or simply because you set the
    precedent.
    I am advocating assassinations, so obviously a precedent would be good.

My argument is that assassinating a leader is far better in my opinion than killing off thousands of soldiers and civilians.

The question is whether it really is that one guy who is the cause of the problem, or the entire

The fact is that in many cases it would make and immediate difference, and in most cases it would provide an strong incentive.

Also, assassination is not always as easy as it's made out, the people who you likely would want
    to assassinate tend to have large and paranoid security surrounding them.

Not easy, maybe, but lets take the Iraq war for example, if the US had put all its resources from day 1 into assassinating Sadam Hussein, then:
    1. Would it have cost more, or less?
    2. Would there have been more or less casualties on both sides?
  9. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    29 Nov '11 16:28

1) Whether it is right to kill a man because he was so evil and caused so many innocents to die? The 10 command ...[text shortened]... like taking out a cancer; and bring about much good.

There were many attempts to kill Hitler right from the Burgerbrau kellar bomb blast to the famous failed attempt carried out by von Stauffenberg.British bombers regularly raided the Chancellory wher he was shelterring himself in an underground cellar,especiall on his birthdays,if I remember correctly. There is no basis to believe that he was allowed to live inorder to make it profitable for the war industry.
    Bin Laden was attacked by US bombers in the Afghanistan-Pakistan border mountains where he was hiding.
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    29 Nov '11 16:34
    3) Why people kept silent on FB/Twitter after Bin Laden was killed?
    Maybe nobody reads your facebook/twitter pages?
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Nov '11 22:18
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I am advocating assassinations, so obviously a precedent would be good.

My argument is that assassinating a leader is far better in my opinion than killing off thousands of soldiers and civilians.

[b]The question is whether it really is that one guy who is the cause of the problem, or the entire

T ...[text shortened]... ld it have cost more, or less?
    2. Would there have been more or less casualties on both sides?[/b]
    The US leaders did not have the benefit of hindsight as you do now.
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Nov '11 23:151 edit

1) Whether it is right to kill a man because he was so evil and caused so many innocents to die? The 10 command like taking out a cancer; and bring about much good.

I dont think anyone should be killed, except perhaps in the most direst of circumstances (which Bin Laden MAY have been)

Whatever happened in the past is there for us to learn from, for if we dont then we are doomed to repeat it (as the saying goes...)

But I'll give it a shot-

1.It is not right to kill a man who killed many innocents himself. (I liked the way Buddha dealt with a notorious mass murderer of his time. This murderer approached him form behind, buddha "sensed" this guy behind him, turned around and looked the guy right in the eyes, showing no fear, only love. The murderer renounced his evil ways and became a buddhist on the spot)

2.Yes, I think there was a conspiracy to keep those two (and others ) alive for the reason you mentioned.

3.I'm not sure about this one. although it does sound very suspect and there is prolly more to it than meets the eye at first glance.

4.But then some other idiots would've done what they did. We needed to go through all these wars and murders to learn lessons. (The lesson(s) should be obvious)
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Nov '11 23:24
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    it wasn't that when you were handing out stinger missiles to help the Mujahideen fight
    the Russians though was it, he was your big time buddy then. American government,
    fast and fickle friend! and now you just killed 24 Pakistani nationals, imagine if Pakistan
    had done the same in America, oops were sorry i dont think would wash, do you?
    I am often appalled how much coverage a single Australian death gets on the news where sometimes hundreds are killed in other parts of the world and it barely gets a mention.

I know that countries are usually more interested in the death of their own countrymen, but I think it is way out of proportion.

Thats why 9/11 needed to happen. 3000+ U.S. citizens murdered, on U.S. soil no less!!
    So America goes and invades Iraq (WTF??) and kills god knows how many. I bet it was at least 10 times as many as were killed in the 9/11 incident.

Dont get me wrong. 9/11 was a deplorable act, but with the cold war over and China not "coming to the party" , the US needed another common enemy to justify it's huge military spending.
    The basterds got their wish 😛 - or should I say, they got their way.
    😠:'(
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Nov '11 00:34
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    .. I bet it was at least 10 times as many as were killed in the 9/11 incident...
    So ? Should the US stop the war and the search for Bin Laden when the number of deaths reached 3,000?
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Nov '11 01:052 edits

You kill a Hitler and a Stalin pops up. You kill a Stalin and a Saddam pops up. You kill a Saddam and a Bin Laden pops up. You kill a Bin Laden and a Gaddafi pops up.......

I know, lets blow up the world!! 😠

For the record, saying that you are cutting of the head of the snake is retarded. Obama might as well had a big old sign behind him saying. 'Mission Accomplished'.

The cancer are not these dictators, they are the symptom of something more sinister at work.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree