1. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    05 Sep '08 07:02
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    This is a test of your heart to see where you are at. It's aimed especially at the ToOne's and Rajk's of this forum.

Don't think too much about this or it won't work . It's a test of your spontaneous reactions....

Imagine you have arrived in heaven having lived a life of truth and compassion and you find when you get there that Hitler is up the ...[text shortened]... ness. You also have not understood that the parable of the talents was aimed at you.
    We're all so lucky, KM, to have someone like you show us the way and let us know where our hearts are at.

Don't think too much about this or it won't work .

We could probably preface all your arguments with this line.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Sep '08 07:151 edit
    This is a test of your heart to see where you are at. It's aimed especially at the ToOne's and Rajk's of this forum.

Don't think too much about this or it won't work . It's a test of your spontaneous reactions....

Imagine you have arrived in heaven having lived a life of truth and compassion and you find when you get there that Hitler is up the ness. You also have not understood that the parable of the talents was aimed at you.
    Imagine you have arrived in heaven having lived a life of truth and compassion and you find when you get there that Hitler is up there glorified and transformed by the grace and love of God.

Wow. You could end up a good Catholic yet. Are you saying Hitler went to purgatory?
  3. Joined
    16 Aug '08
    Moves
    05 Sep '08 10:39
    I think that if hitler was up in heaven, he would of had to be completely transformed by God...which I think would be a credit to the power of God. And I think that its important to note that God is a just ruler and judge, its not our position to fill that role. If God lets hitler into heaven, I wouldnt be phased by it, I have faith in Gods decision making.
  4. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    05 Sep '08 13:381 edit
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    We're all so lucky, KM, to have someone like you show us the way and let us know where our hearts are at.

[b]Don't think too much about this or it won't work .

We could probably preface all your arguments with this line.[/b]
    Did you prefer not to take the test then to see what your instant gut reactions were?

You and I both know that you find out more about what a man really thinks and feels when you don't give him an opportunity or time to come up with some rationalised answer. That's why politicians who want to BS us don't like having to answer spontaneous questions.
  5. SEMO
    Moves
    05 Sep '08 18:25

Imagine you have arrived in heaven having lived a life of truth and compassion and you find when you get there that Hitler is up the ...[text shortened]... ness. You also have not understood that the parable of the talents was aimed at you.
    I would rejoice and know that the Lord is able to do all things, even save this very sinner.
  6. SEMO
    Moves
    05 Sep '08 18:29
    Originally posted by TheBadBishop
    I think that if hitler was up in heaven, he would of had to be completely transformed by God...which I think would be a credit to the power of God. And I think that its important to note that God is a just ruler and judge, its not our position to fill that role. If God lets hitler into heaven, I wouldnt be phased by it, I have faith in Gods decision making.
    I love your answer. 😵
  7. SEMO
    Moves
    05 Sep '08 18:451 edit
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    You didn't mention justice. Does this seem like a just result to you?
    A sin is a sin, no matter how you weigh them. To the Lord lieing is the same as slotering. They are both sins, there are no degrees of sin. If the Lord decides to save one and not the other, it is not our place to judge him. His is the potter, we are the clay.

Jas 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
    Jas 2:11 For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.

Rom 9:9 For this is the word of promise, At this time will I come, and Sara shall have a son.
    Rom 9:10 And not only this; but when Rebecca also had conceived by one, even by our father Isaac;
    Rom 9:11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth; )
    Rom 9:12 It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.
    Rom 9:13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
    Rom 9:14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.
    Rom 9:15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
    Rom 9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

Rom 9:17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.
    Rom 9:18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.
    Rom 9:19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?
    Rom 9:20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?
    Rom 9:21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?
    Rom 9:22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
    Rom 9:23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,
    Rom 9:24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?
  8. SEMO
    Moves
    05 Sep '08 19:15
    Thank you.

Only bizarro-righteousness would demand the suffering and death of an innocent as a means of absolving the guilty.
    Only bizarro-justice demands a 'one size fits all' [thanks vistesd!] punishment for ALL sins, from white lies to mass murder.
    Only bizarro-holiness welcomes a mass-murderer into heaven while denying a mere gossip, or glutton, ...[text shortened]... here concepts mean nearly the opposite of what people in this reality understand them to mean.
    I agree with him. You must not have ever had anyone take the blame or punishment for something you did other wise you would understand what Christ has done for those who are unable to help themselves.
  9. SEMO
    Moves
    05 Sep '08 19:211 edit

[b]Don't think too much about this or it won't work .

We could probably preface all your arguments with this line.[/b]
    He ment he wanted your first reaction, not what you think after or about your first raction. Your first raction is usually what is in your heart rather than what you 'want' others to think is in your heart.

Edit: This is a hard test for the internet for nobody is able to tell if you have thought about it before posting.
  10. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    05 Sep '08 19:23
    Originally posted by pritybetta
    A sin is a sin, no matter how you weigh them. To the Lord lieing is the same as slotering. They are both sins, there are no degrees of sin. If the Lord decides to save one and not the other, it is not our place to judge him. His is the potter, we are the clay.

Jas 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty ...[text shortened]... glory,
    Rom 9:24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?
    If the Bible's God had merely said, "Look, I decide by fiat who I will save and who I will not save", there would be no contradiction.

The trouble lies in the claims that God is love, and God is just, when some of his judgments are demonstrably neither loving nor just.
  11. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    05 Sep '08 19:331 edit

Jas 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty ...[text shortened]... glory,
    To the Lord lieing is the same as slotering. They are both sins, there are no degrees of sin.

Let's hope he doesn't consider misspelling a sin. We wouldn't want you to suffer the same fate as the person who goes around "lieing" or "slotering".
  12. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    05 Sep '08 19:37
    He ment he wanted your [b]first reaction, not what you think after or about your first raction. Your first raction is usually what is in your heart rather than what you 'want' others to think is in your heart.

Edit: This is a hard test for the internet for nobody is able to tell if you have thought about it before posting.[/b]
    My first "raction" was about how inane some of knightmeister's self-professed grand insights into our existence really are.
  13. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    05 Sep '08 19:381 edit
    I agree with him. You must not have ever had anyone take the blame or punishment for something you did other wise you would understand what Christ has done for those who are unable to help themselves.
    Ahh, but the situation you describe is radically different in that a human judge usually does not know that the person taking the blame is in fact not guilty. That's the point of taking blame - to cover up the guilt of another. If the human judge somehow finds out who is truly guilty, he will punish that party in spite of the other's effort to take the blame.

With God/salvation, he purportedly has no trouble determining guilt. The problem is that he has a fetish - sin, no matter how small, puts him on edge, and only the shedding of innocent blood can calm him down again. This quality would be looked on as sadistic, perverse and cruel in a human, but when God does it, it is called holiness and righteousness.
  14. SEMO
    Moves
    05 Sep '08 19:41
    [b]To the Lord lieing is the same as slotering. They are both sins, there are no degrees of sin.

Let's hope he doesn't consider misspelling a sin. We wouldn't want you to suffer the same fate as the person who goes around lieing or slotering.[/b]
    I think you know what I was saying.

I appreciate you pointing it out, however, you could have left out the sarcasm, though it was kind of funny.
  15. SEMO
    Moves
    05 Sep '08 19:45
    Ahh, but the situation you describe is radically different in that a human judge usually [b]does not know that the person taking the blame is in fact not guilty. That's the point of taking blame - to cover up the guilt of another. If the human judge somehow finds out who is truly guilty, he will punish that party in spite of the other's effort to tak ...[text shortened]... perverse and cruel in a human, but when God does it, it is called holiness and righteousness.[/b]
    I didn't mean in a court room.

You don't get it do you? The Lord is the maker, what he does is righteous.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree