1. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    20 Jun '08 16:09
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    [b]If TIME is a fixed constant throughout everything then you might be right , if Time can be looked at relatively then you could be wrong.

This statement is unintelligible to me.

I also don't think God knows "the future" because to him all events are past. It's not a case of him knowing what you WILL ...[text shortened]... is entirely illusory, because the events are already
    posted in God's past.

Nemesio
    If God knows my future (regardless of whether it is His past), then it is as
    if I have already 'chosen' the 'choices.' It means that the sensation of
    free choice that I have is entirely illusory, because the events are already
    posted in God's past.

Nemesio

RESPONSE---------------

What does the phrase "already" mean in this argument? Are you not unconsciously postulating a constant Newtonian "time" here? Some of the stars that we see in the sky are "already" dead , but are they? Or is it just "already" from our position within space/time but from another point in space time they don't exist "yet".

Hitler has "already" chosen to kill himself (for us) but for him he hasn't and is still free to not do so until the moment he does. If he didn't kill himself then that would have been what we know of him.

What I am suggesting is that from God's perspective you have already chosen your future choices , but from yours , you haven't . AND both of these truths are true and not mutually exclusive. It's not neccessarily an either/ or scenario.
  2. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    20 Jun '08 22:58
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Was Hitler and the Third Reich part of God's plan?
    Whence this notion that God had a plan? I'm curious.
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    21 Jun '08 01:16
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Reverend Hagee mentioned it. It looks like the link I put on the OP isn't working. Try this one:

http://wwsword.blogspot.com/2008/05/jews-coming-to-hagees-defense.html
  4. Joined
    30 Mar '06
    Moves
    30 Jun '08 16:24
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    "Viewing Hitler as acting completely outside of God's plan is to suggest that God was powerless to stop the Holocaust, a position quite unacceptable to any religious Jew or Christian."

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/M/MCCAIN_PASTOR?SITE=KYLOU&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Was Hitler and the Third Reich part of God's plan?
    If you need to ask that question then you, yourself need to answer the questions: DID GOD CREATE EVIL? DID GOD CREATE LUCIFER? DID GOD CREATE MAN TO FALL OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN?
  5. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    30 Jun '08 16:27
    Originally posted by Nosrac
    If you need to ask that question then you, yourself need to answer the questions: DID GOD CREATE EVIL? DID GOD CREATE LUCIFER? DID GOD CREATE MAN TO FALL OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN?
    No. No. No. There is no God. Happy?
  6. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    30 Jun '08 20:331 edit
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Read chapters 1 through 3 of the book of Ephesians in the New Testament.

Notice the words "eternal purpose" or "purpose of the ages" or good pleasure of His will.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree