1. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    23 May '08 21:21
    "Viewing Hitler as acting completely outside of God's plan is to suggest that God was powerless to stop the Holocaust, a position quite unacceptable to any religious Jew or Christian."

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/M/MCCAIN_PASTOR?SITE=KYLOU&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Was Hitler and the Third Reich part of God's plan?
  2. weedhopper
    Moves
    23 May '08 23:17
    No.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 May '08 01:34
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    "Viewing Hitler as acting completely outside of God's plan is to suggest that God was powerless to stop the Holocaust, a position quite unacceptable to any religious Jew or Christian."

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/M/MCCAIN_PASTOR?SITE=KYLOU&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Is that a strict entailment? I can think of many instances in which something is outside my plan, but against which I have power to invervene.
  4. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    24 May '08 03:30
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    [b]"Viewing Hitler as acting completely outside of God's plan is to suggest that God was powerless to stop the Holocaust, a position quite unacceptable to any religious Jew or Christian."

Is that a strict entailment? I can think of many instances in which something is outside my plan, but against which I have power to invervene.[/b]
    You are right that it doesn't follow that it is necessarily his plan, but it does bring up the question of why does an omniscient caring and moral god stand back while that kind of thing happens.
  5. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    24 May '08 04:17
    [b]"Viewing Hitler as acting completely outside of God's plan is to suggest that God was powerless to stop the Holocaust, a position quite unacceptable to any religious Jew or Christian."

Is that a strict entailment? I can think of many instances in which something is outside my plan, but against which I have power to invervene.[/b]
    Are you omniscient though?
  6. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    24 May '08 04:18
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    No.
    You seem awefully sure of that. Care to explain your logic?
  7. Joined
    18 Dec '06
    Moves
    24 May '08 09:36
    Who can believe in a god that stood by and did nothing when 6 million people were exterminated?
  8. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    24 May '08 11:30
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung

I guess if you actually believe in a God, then yes. The statement is bound to be true.

That's reason number 1087 why not to believe in a God.
  9. England
    Moves
    24 May '08 11:421 edit
    Originally posted by Sushill
    Who can believe in a god that stood by and did nothing when 6 million people were exterminated?
    I DO i do. tell me death comes to us. so the method of death, is it so revalent. the first WW SAW MANY die, and thier bodys eaten by rats, on both sides, is that more or less horrific. but i fear him who can harm me after death, more than man who once im dead can not harm me, whatever they do to the body.
  10. weedhopper
    Moves
    24 May '08 14:16
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    You seem awefully sure of that. Care to explain your logic?
    Common sense.
  11. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    24 May '08 15:02
    Common sense.
    The problem with common sense is that it isn't very common.
  12. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    24 May '08 15:06
    Common sense.
    Sorry, but I fail to see it. According to the properties attributed to God, common sense would rather rule in the opposite direction. How can God be a 3 / 4 omni god and allow it to happen??
  13. weedhopper
    Moves
    24 May '08 19:31
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    The problem with common sense is that it isn't very common.
    Voltaire-----an excellent quote PP. I like your style.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 May '08 20:49
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Are you omniscient though?
    What has omniscience to do with this topic?
  15. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    24 May '08 23:03
    What has omniscience to do with this topic?
    The rules which apply to what you are able to do do not apply to God by very definition. An omniscient God, for example, would be quite unable to "ignore" something - because that would imply he has imperfect knowledge of which, which would contradict omniscience.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree