1. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    13 Jul '14 15:49
    Spirituality is about what happens inside a person but it also has a lot to do with how I react in my environment. I have had silent witness of Oneness on the tops of mountains and in the deserts. Caves and hot springs also inspire me. In a week and a half I will have the opportunity to see two volcanos and I won't be surprised if I feel Presence there.

I am interested in the places that invite Holy Presence for you.
  2. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    13 Jul '14 16:54
    Originally posted by hakima
    Spirituality is about what happens inside a person but it also has a lot to do with how I react in my environment. I have had silent witness of Oneness on the tops of mountains and in the deserts. Caves and hot springs also inspire me. In a week and a half I will have the opportunity to see two volcanos and I won't be surprised if I feel Presence there.

when i am in the presence of the goddess,
    i can feel the fire of the Creative Source...
    i witness it in the deeds she performs,
    and the experienced wisdom of her discourse...
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 Jul '14 17:34

Not sure how much of that is in your mind or of what value it is to you or anyone else who have similar feelings. I would imagine Hindus have their favourite place to feel the presence of God, maybe in their favourite temple with their favourite god/goddess. Likewise Muslims may believe that Mecca is the best place to feel Gods presence.

Here is a story from the Bible, where Christ corrects a woman who felt that Mr Gerezim or Jerusalem carried special significance spiritually.

Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship. Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father. Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews. But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. (John 4:20-24 KJV)

For God physical places carry no special significance. God is interested in worshippers who can worship in spirit and in truth. Interpret that how you wish.
  4. Joined
    30 Sep '12
    Moves
    13 Jul '14 19:50
    Muslim pilgrims try to kiss the kaaba's black stone, and get quite excited to be near it.

I like the theory that it is a meteorite. Imagine how a pre-scientific villager would theorize on the reason behind a thundering stone coming down from the sky and smiting a piece of ground.

Desert sands and polar ice caps are good places to find meteorites because of the lack of vegetative cover.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Stone
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Jul '14 19:532 edits
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    For God physical places carry no special significance. God is interested in worshippers who can worship in spirit and in truth. Interpret that how you wish.
    "Now Moses kept the flock of Jethro his father in law, the priest of Midian: and he led the flock to the backside of the desert, and came to the mountain of God, even to Horeb.
    And the angel of the LORD appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush: and he looked, and, behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed.
    And Moses said, I will now turn aside, and see this great sight, why the bush is not burnt.
    And when the LORD saw that he turned aside to see, God called unto him out of the midst of the bush, and said, Moses, Moses. And he said, Here am I.
    And he said, Draw not nigh hither: put off thy shoes from off thy feet, for the place whereon thou standest is holy ground.
    Moreover he said, I am the God of thy father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. And Moses hid his face; for he was afraid to look upon God." -- Exodus 3:1-6, KJV

Interpret that how you wish.
  6. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    13 Jul '14 20:02
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Not sure how much of that is in your mind or of what value it is to you or anyone else who have similar feelings. I would imagine Hindus have their favourite place to feel the presence of God, maybe in their favourite temple with their favourite god/goddess. Likewise Muslims may believe that Mecca is the best place to feel Gods presence.

Here is a story f ...[text shortened]... s interested in worshippers who can worship in spirit and in truth. Interpret that how you wish.
    Rajk999, I love that you brought up that verse. What is says to me is that wherever I am...and wherever God is...there is worship...inspiration. Today, in my own yard, I hauled mulch, planted a bush, hung clothes out on the line, worked on my homework...in whatever I am doing spirit abounds...and when the eyes and mind and heart see the wonders that God has created--like the ocean or the mountain or the volcanoes...well...I hope I will remember the peace I felt at home today...and celebrate my worship in both.

It is all Holy Ground.

Peace at all times,
    and in all places.
  7. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    13 Jul '14 20:04
    Originally posted by rookie54
    when i am in the presence of the goddess,
    i can feel the fire of the Creative Source...
    i witness it in the deeds she performs,
    and the experienced wisdom of her discourse...
    Your goddess is blessed, indeed.

_()_

Namaste
  8. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    13 Jul '14 20:09
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    "Now Moses kept the flock of Jethro his father in law, the priest of Midian: and he led the flock to the backside of the desert, and came to the mountain of God, even to Horeb.
    And the angel of the LORD appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush: and he looked, and, behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed.
    And ...[text shortened]... face; for he was afraid to look upon God." -- Exodus 3:1-6, KJV

Interpret that how you wish.
    Suzianne,

I was just thinking about this scene in the Old Testament. I can only imagine Moses' surprise to find that the Holy One, appeared to him in nature and not in temples made by the hands of men (particularly the hands of the slaves who were his own people) as he had probably been used to expecting in the temples of the Egyptians.

In my opinion, it is the same concept that Jesus outlined in the New Testament...Holy ground is wherever The I Am is.

Perhaps it may be appropriate to simply be barefoot.

😉
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    13 Jul '14 20:51

Proverbs 16:25
    There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof [are] the ways of death.

There is only one true way to experience 'spirituality', and it is of, from, through and by The Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Timothy 6:14-16
    That thou keep [this] commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:
    Which in his times he shall shew, [who is] the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;
    Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom [be] honour and power everlasting. Amen.

Christianity doesn't mix with any other way. Just a fact!
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Jul '14 21:04
    Suzianne,

I was just thinking about this scene in the Old Testament. I can only imagine Moses' surprise to find that the Holy One, appeared to him in nature and not in temples made by the hands of men (particularly the hands of the slaves who were his own people) as he had probably been used to expecting in the temples of the Egyptians.

In my opinion, i ...[text shortened]... y ground is wherever The I Am is.

Perhaps it may be appropriate to simply be barefoot.

😉
    Exactly, precisely, concisely right.

🙂
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 Jul '14 21:08
    Rajk999, I love that you brought up that verse. What is says to me is that wherever I am...and wherever God is...there is worship...inspiration. Today, in my own yard, I hauled mulch, planted a bush, hung clothes out on the line, worked on my homework...in whatever I am doing spirit abounds...and when the eyes and mind and heart see the wonders that God has c ...[text shortened]... ebrate my worship in both.

It is all Holy Ground.

Peace at all times,
    and in all places.
    You understand me. I appreciate that.
    Not many do.
  12. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    13 Jul '14 21:10
    Originally posted by josephw
    Proverbs 16:25
    There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof [are] the ways of death.

There is only one true way to experience 'spirituality', and it is of, from, through and by The Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Timothy 6:14-16
    That thou keep [this] commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:
    W ...[text shortened]... honour and power everlasting. Amen.

Christianity doesn't mix with any other way. Just a fact!
    Pardon me as I contradict you, but I don't see one fact in any of the statements you have made as facts require proof...and for each statement you have made or quoted either I have not seen evidence or know of an equally convincing refutation.

However, you have stated some very interesting opinions which are worthy of further consideration.
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    13 Jul '14 22:10

Looking down at the Alps from the top station at Cervinia
    was awe-inspiring. Cold, desolate, barren but somehow
    beautiful! Bloody cold too!
  14. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    13 Jul '14 22:13
    Originally posted by josephw

You are a class 1 prick.
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    13 Jul '14 23:24
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    You are a class 1 prick.
    Atheist debate tactics 1-5 in one post. Good job wolfgang.

So just exactly what was it about what I said that pissed you off so bad? Is it because I believe that the Word of God teaches that those who deny Christ are spiritually dead? Did I step on your spiritual toes?

If you can't tolerate a different belief being expressed here in this forum without resorting to name calling, then maybe you're in the wrong place!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree