"How can a God of love send anybody to Hell?"

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
24 Jul 14
1 edit

Originally posted by sonhouse
Sounds like cognitive dissonance, you believe the Earth or life on Earth to be 6K years old. I have heard the idea that dinosaurs are life. So if they were invented, or printed on a cosmic 3D printer, they would have also DIED less than 6K years ago and would still have carbon in their bones and therefore would carbon date to 6000 years ago. Dino's don't ha ...[text shortened]... ILLION years.

You can't turn bone into stone in 6000 years and you can take that to the bank.
If, as popularly claimed, dinosaurs have been extinct for 65 million years, there should not be one molecule of carbon 14 left in their bones. If as popularly believed most limestone formations are 500 million years old, then there should be no carbon 14 present in them. Yet, when carbon-containing rocks or bones are tested they always contain c14.

Both creationist and evolutionist have taken the one material that cannot be accused of being contaminated and have used supposedly 500 million year to 3 billion year old diamonds to see if there is any carbon 14 in them. Anything that old should not have even one atom of carbon 14. Yet both sides get the same result and that is that 100 million year old diamonds do have carbon 14 in them.

http://www.dinosaurc14ages.com/carbondating.htm

Imagine the surprise when every piece of “ancient” carbon tested has contained measurable quantities of radiocarbon! Fossils, coal, oil, natural gas, limestone, marble, and graphite from every Flood-related rock layer—and even some pre-Flood deposits—have all contained measurable quantities of radiocarbon. All these results have been reported in the conventional scientific literature.

https://answersingenesis.org/geology/carbon-14/carbon-14-in-fossils-and-diamonds/

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
24 Jul 14
1 edit

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
"How can a God of love send anybody to Hell?"

"One of the classic problems that people bring up is: How can a God of love send anybody to Hell? Well, there are several answers to that. One of course is that God doesn't send anyone to Hell. You send yourself there. God has done everything He possibly can to keep you out of Hell and still leave you ...[text shortened]... nn cuts through the fog with this direct, no-nonsense answer to a perennial question. Your thoughts?
Is there an actual place called “Hell”?
(See this page in: Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Korean, Portuguese)

"The answer to this question rests in the authority of the Scripture, because the Bible certainly teaches us of a very real and very terrible place of punishment for those who keep Christ out of their lives.

It's very sad to me that we so often hear people speak of Hell lightly. To many it is something to be joked about, or a curse word used casually.

The fact of the reality of Hell is taught throughout the Bible in innumerable passages. The Lord Jesus Christ Himself probably had more to say about it than anyone else. He was a teacher with the most impressive credentials--a sinless life, a miraculous ministry, and an empty tomb that could not hold Him.

Christ is often spoken of as "Gentle Jesus, meek and mild," but that label hardly fits with the language we find in Mark chapter nine as He affirms the fact and reality of Hell. We read these strong statements:

And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched. And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched. And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire: Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched. Mark 9:43-48

In another passage Christ calls the Scribes and Pharisees a “generation of vipers,” and warns them, "How will you escape the damnation of Hell?" (Matt. 23:33) Those are pretty strong words from the Lord Jesus. He laid it on the line. He told it like it is.

When someone questions the fact and reality of Hell, he's actually questioning the authority of the Bible, and the authority of the Lord Jesus Christ Himself. The Christian faith is all tied up together, and when it is attacked at one point, it becomes vulnerable at all. It holds together beautifully.

If Christ is the Son of God, and if He came into time from eternity, and came into the world from Heaven and died and rose again from the dead, then anything He ever said on any subject is worth hearing and ought to be heeded. And is really to be received without question. So people who have problems with the fact and reality of Hell sometimes do not realize that their real problem is with the person of the Lord Jesus Christ and who He is and why He came to the world."

Author: Dr. Bruce W. Dunn, Grace Communications http://www.christiananswers.net/q-grace/hell.html

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
24 Jul 14
1 edit

What if I don't believe in Hell?

See this page in: Bulgarian, Dutch (Nederlands), French (Français), Italian (Italiano), Japanese, Portuguese (Português)

"You probably have purchased some sort of insurance--first, theft, car or personal liability--you name it. Insurance is a multibillion dollar business. But have you ever stopped to think that the whole business is built on the one word--MAYBE. I get my car insured. I'm not looking for an accident. I don't expect one. I'm going to try not to have one, but maybe I will, and it would be awfully nice to be covered. Hospitilizations? You don't expect to be sick, you're not planning to be sick, but maybe you will be, and boy, the hospital will take you to the cleaner if you're not ready.

To the person who finds the whole subject of Hell and judgment distasteful, and who refuses to believe it, even if Jesus Christ taught it, I ask the question: What about that little word “maybe”? Maybe there is a Hell.

“Maybe” your car will have a wreck, and because of the little word “maybe” you'll spend hundreds of dollars on car insurance. And yet you'll walk around town without ETERNAL life insurance. You walk the street, cross the highways, in a world of crime and terrorism and potential accidents all over the place, yet you gamble with eternity! You are living one big risk 24 hours a day! It just doesn't make much sense, does it?

If there is no Hell, I've lost nothing; but what a benefit it is just to have the joy of the Lord, to know your sins are forgiven, to go to bed at night and to know that if you don't make it through the night, you'll wake up in Heaven! To have something forever settled. My it's great. That's finished business. Whatever comes my way, "to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord" (2 Corinthians 5:8).

Jesus taught about the reality of the fact of Hell . We may agree on different angles or interpretations in our understanding of it, but I just leave this with you. Our Lord spoke about it in a very unfunny manner. He wept over communities going to judgment. He prayed in Gethsemane with strong crying and tears because He knew about all these realities for which He has provided a way of escape.

I hope that you have settled this issue, and that you've opened your heart and your life to Christ. Make yourself safe either way. If there is a Hell, you're safe. If there is no Hell, you still get the best out of this life. And you can't lose on a deal like that. Make sure today that your trust is in Christ." Author: Dr. Bruce W. Dunn, Grace Communications

http://www.christiananswers.net/q-grace/hell-insurance.html

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
24 Jul 14

John 3:16-18 New American Standard Bible 16 “For God so loved the world, that He gave His [a] only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. 18 He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the [b] only begotten Son of God." Footnotes: a.John 3:16 Or unique, only one of His kind b.John 3:18 Or unique, only one of His kind

F

Moves
24 Jul 14

[b]What if I don't believe in Hell?

See this page in: Bulgarian, Dutch (Nederlands), French (Français), Italian (Italiano), Japanese, Portuguese (Português)

"You probably have purchased some sort of insurance--first, theft, car or personal liability--you name it. Insurance is a multibillion dollar business. But have you ever stopped to thin ...[text shortened]... e W. Dunn, Grace Communications

http://www.christiananswers.net/q-grace/hell-insurance.html[/b]
Until you provide some evidence that "hell" exists, all you are doing is asking people to discuss something that's in your imagination.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
24 Jul 14
1 edit

"You probably have purchased some sort of insurance--first, theft, car or personal liability--you name it. Insurance is a multibillion dollar business. But have you ever stopped to thin ...[text shortened]... e W. Dunn, Grace Communications

No Christian is arguing that hell doesn't exist in some form, why do you keep copy pasting masses of stuff that is irrelevant?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
24 Jul 14
1 edit

What is relevant and quite horrifying is that you choose to believe that the god of john 3:16 has intentionally created a place of eternal flesh melting incineration for those people who do not accept the "boundless love" (from Joseph) that john 3:16 describes.

What is also horrifying is that caljust will go further and state "there is no hell deep enough for those who reject Christ".

I find the acceptance of this scripturally unsound, morally contradictory description of a psychotic torturing god quite astonishing.

F

Moves
24 Jul 14

Originally posted by divegeester
No Christian is arguing that hell doesn't exist in some form, why do you keep copy pasting masses of stuff that is irrelevant?
Over the years I have come to think that brandishing the most grotesque punitive scenario the human imagination has ever dredged up, in retaliation to people for not conforming or for having different beliefs ~ when one boils it right down ~ is rooted in a mish-mash of some sort of weird personal self-boosting 'despotic' self-image and an inability to process the fact that we all die. Grampy Bobby gets his forum kicks from saying over and over again that people with different beliefs than him will burn in agony for eternity. He has even declared himself to be immune from 'human criticism' for it. It is self-absorbed Christian misanthropy at its most ghastly and ludicrous.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
24 Jul 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
If, as popularly claimed, dinosaurs have been extinct for 65 million years, there should not be one molecule of carbon 14 left in their bones. If as popularly believed most limestone formations are 500 million years old, then there should be no carbon 14 present in them. Yet, when carbon-containing rocks or bones are tested they always contain c14.

Both c ...[text shortened]... literature.

https://answersingenesis.org/geology/carbon-14/carbon-14-in-fossils-and-diamonds/
Do you even understand what "half-life" even means?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
24 Jul 14

Originally posted by Suzianne
Do you even understand what "half-life" even means?
It doesn't matter. It is the scientist that claims to know.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
24 Jul 14

Originally posted by FMF
Until you provide some evidence that "hell" exists, all you are doing is asking people to discuss something that's in your imagination.
"To the person who finds the whole subject of Hell and judgment distasteful, and who refuses to believe it, even if Jesus Christ taught it, I ask the question: What about that little word “maybe”? Maybe there is a Hell." -Dr. Bruce W. Dunn

Cape Town

Moves
24 Jul 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
It doesn't matter.
It does matter if you make a claim that is based on knowing what it means, but you don't know what it means. That means you are basically lying, or talking nonsense - and you know that you are doing so.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
24 Jul 14

Originally posted by divegeester
The focus of Dr. Bruce W. Dunn's three articles, which complete the original post,
is unbelievers in Christ. What would be relevant to this thread in your opinion?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
24 Jul 14

Originally posted by FMF
Over the years I have come to think that brandishing the most grotesque punitive scenario the human imagination has ever dredged up, in retaliation to people for not conforming or for having different beliefs ~ when one boils it right down ~ is rooted in a mish-mash of some sort of weird personal self-boosting 'despotic' self-image and an inability to process th ...[text shortened]... criticism' for it. It is self-absorbed Christian misanthropy at its most ghastly and ludicrous.
* "If anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire." It grieves me to realize there's the possibility that some of my acquaintances and friends who contribute to this forum may be among them. -Bob Thread 157295

F

Moves
24 Jul 14
1 edit

* "If anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire." It grieves me to realize there's the possibility that some of my acquaintances and friends who contribute to this forum may be among them. -Bob Thread 157295
So the grotesque thing you imagine was inspired by something you read in a book, I get that. Do you have any evidence that your imagination has any bearing on reality aside from the fact that you read something in a book?