1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Jan '14 23:38
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    This made me laugh .. 😀 You will see why in a few minutes.

Anyhow the Faith only camp has been on my case for years. They feel that Im a works only guy which is absolutely incorrect. For years I have been saying that you must take what Christ said about works seriously. So Im really and FAITH + WORKS person. That represents the full doctrine of Christ and the Apostles... both faith and works play an essential part in eternal life.
    Yes, and I agree, but where you fail is your 'assumption' that no one actually does these works (except you, but I don't know that).

And I still maintain that the only purpose of judging by works is to gauge the sincerity of the person's faith, but for those without faith, the judging stops there with a 'fail'. Faith is foremost, works only shows the degree of faith, since I've always believed that works are a direct result of faith. It is ALWAYS faith comes first, then come works. You can NOT work it the other way around. If you have Faith, you naturally have Works. Not everyone who has Works has Faith. Therefore, Faith is most important. Works just happens naturally, given enough Faith. That's why I say it is not "Faith + Works", I say it is "Faith, then Works". Works will not save you alone, you must have Faith, first and foremost. If you are a person who actually does have no Works, even though you believe with Faith, then I would expect there to either be extenuating circumstances, or your Faith is tiny indeed. And yes, this may rate you a 'fail' at Judgment as well. But I do not make the assumption about Works that you seem to, because it is not my place to judge anyone.

That's why all this assuming, that no one in here is doing any works, is not just wrong, but hazardous (to you, mostly); you're not their judge. I believe that a person's works will match their faith, I do not question their works because I am not their judge; I am not equipped to even know if they have faith to begin with, I can only guess by their fruits. But there is NO way I can ascertain someone's works, it is between them and their Judge alone.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Jan '14 23:42
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I did. The true chruch is composed of members that make up the body with the head being Christ, according to the spostle Paul. You seem to have something against the apostle Paul because you are always trying to contradict him.
    Ron, can you not see he is saying that the True Church is made up of not only Christians but some persons of other faiths as well, as long as they are following the same principles as Christ's teachings?
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Jan '14 00:03
    I did. The true chruch is composed of members that make up the body with the head being Christ, according to the spostle Paul. You seem to have something against the apostle Paul because you are always trying to contradict him.
    I contradict your interprretation of what Paul said.
    How do you know who are members and who are not.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Jan '14 00:152 edits
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Yes, and I agree, but where you fail is your 'assumption' that no one actually does these works (except you, but I don't know that).

And I still maintain that the only purpose of judging by works is to gauge the sincerity of the person's faith, but for those without faith, the judging stops there with a 'fail'. Faith is foremost, works only shows the de ...[text shortened]... But there is NO way I can ascertain someone's works, it is between them and their Judge alone.
    Where did I ever say that no one actually does these works except me?
    I always maintain a 'dont ask and dont tell' policy.
    How can I therefore know who does good works or otherwise?

If you take the trouble to read my posts you will see that I condemn THE PREACHING THAT WORKS IS OF NO VALUE, which is what you people do. I condemn that doctrine simply because Christ says the opposite.

You can try to second guess Christ and say which is first or last or inbetween. I dont do that. I go strictly by the doctrine of Christ first and in my mind His doctrine carries the most weight as to what gives eternal life. Others like Paul and the Apostles are a distant second in terms of doctrine . I have good reason for that but thats a different topic.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Jan '14 00:29
    I have no faith in my works or your works. I have faith that Christ will continue to do His works.
    Hilarous .. Christ wants you to do good works and you want Christ to continue to do his works. You sound like the guy with the one talent.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Jan '14 01:47
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Ron, can you not see he is saying that the True Church is made up of not only Christians but some persons of other faiths as well, as long as they are following the same principles as Christ's teachings?
    No. I can not imageine how the true church can be made up of people of all religious faiths. I can understand how Jews and gentiles can also be Christians by faith in Christ as the apostle Paul states. However, I do not understand how someone from the Hindu or Islamic religion can be Christian and a member of the true church without a conversion to the Christian religion by belief in Christ as our great God and Savior.

Jesus said broad is the way that leads to destruction.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Jan '14 01:50
    I contradict your interprretation of what Paul said.
    How do you know who are members and who are not.
    I am not saying I know exactly who they are, however, I know they are not Hindus and muslims.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Jan '14 01:53
    Hilarous .. Christ wants you to do good works and you want Christ to continue to do his works. You sound like the guy with the one talent.
    But without faith it is impossible to please God, no matter how wonderful you think your works are. It is Christ that does the works in us as the apostle Paul says.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Jan '14 01:571 edit
    I am not saying I know exactly who they are, however, I know they are not Hindus and muslims.
    How do you know that?
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Jan '14 02:01
    No. I can not imageine how the true church can be made up of people of all religious faiths. I can understand how Jews and gentiles can also be Christians by faith in Christ as the apostle Paul states. However, I do not understand how someone from the Hindu or Islamic religion can be Christian and a member of the true church without a conversion to the Chr ...[text shortened]... in Christ as our great God and Savior.

Jesus said broad is the way that leads to destruction.
    The amount of people who do not follow the commandments is pretty broad. The amount who actually follow Christ commandments of love and charity is very narrow.

Is there someone who says that Hindus or Muslims are Christian? I said that they can [if Christ so choose to include them] be in the True Church. The word Christian is not part of the statement.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Jan '14 02:10
    How do you know that?
    I know because Hindus and Muslims do not believe that Christ died on the cross for their sins and rose again after 3 days. Their belief in Krishna or Muhammad is in vain.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Jan '14 02:241 edit
    The amount of people who do not follow the commandments is pretty broad. The amount who actually follow Christ commandments of love and charity is very narrow.

Is there someone who says that Hindus or Muslims are Christian? I said that they can [if Christ so choose to include them] be in the True Church. The word Christian is not part of the statement.
    You don't get to redefine the make up of the true church. It has already been defined as being made up of Christians with Christ as the head.

Here is what Muslims do to Christians:

http://shoebat.com/2014/01/08/muslims-take-christian-children-split-heads-two/

Here is what hindus do to Christians:

https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150150921590058
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Jan '14 02:28
    I know because Hindus and Muslims do not believe that Christ died on the cross for their sins and rose again after 3 days. Their belief in Krishna or Muhammad is in vain.
    Christ said no such thing. Christ said that his brothers are those who do his will. This was said many times and in many different ways with several examples. Shocking that you can miss Christ teachings and focus on obscure doctrines which feed your desire to feel exclusive. It is also clearly stated several times that Christ died for all of mankind not just Christians. So all would benefit from his death and resurrection.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Jan '14 02:332 edits
    You don't get to redefine the make up of the true church. It has already been defined as being made up of Christians with Christ as the head.

Here is what Muslims do to Christians:

http://shoebat.com/2014/01/08/muslims-take-christian-children-split-heads-two/

Here is what hindus do to Christians:

https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150150921590058
    Deflection about who does what to Christians is of no value and is irrelevant.

Christ is the head of his disciples that is correct. And he clearly stated who these people are. Read it:

Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. (John 8:31-32 KJV)

To those who BELIEVED WITH THEIR MOUTH, Christ advised them that IF they continue in his word [that means to follow his commandments], THEN they are his disciples.

Do you get it? Christ defined his Church which included his followers which are those who follow His commandments.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Jan '14 02:35
    Deflection about who does what to Christians is of no value and is irrelevant.

Christ is the head of his disciples that is correct. And he clearly stated who these people are. Read it:

[i]Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make ...[text shortened]... ist defined his Church which included his followers which are those who follow His commandments.
    Tell Christ on judgment day it has no relevance.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree