1. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Jan '14 03:07
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Tell Christ on judgment day it has no relevance.
    You have a load of stuff in your head that is not in the Bible.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Jan '14 03:34
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    You have a load of stuff in your head that is not in the Bible.
    I sure do, because I am ...

The Moron Instructor
  3. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    30 Jan '14 07:481 edit
    Originally posted by galveston75
    the Bible clearly says we pray thru Jesus and it is only thru Jesus that we communicate with God and seek forgiveness of our daily sins.
    The Catholics have a completely different view and practice. One can go into a little room and have the Preist forgive your sins for you. This is not ever in the Bible and was never once shown to happen and conflicts with what Jesus told us.
    Hi G,

Is it really so incredibly difficult to understand my very simple point?

Let me try one more time...

Firstly, understand that there is a difference between PROCESS and CONTENT.

You described a PROCESS which JWs use to ensure purity of doctrine and leadership in the Church. By means of this PROCESS they obtain clarity on how scripture should be interpreted, and how the organisation should be run (amongst many other things).

My point was that everybody else is using a similar PROCESS! , which varies only in minor details.

You then jump in immediately to show how the Catholics' CONTENT is different from yours, which is totally superfluous, since we all already know what the differences are between you and other (lets call it) mainline Christian denominations.

You give the example of Confession, and ridicule the "little room" etc etc,

What you ignore, is my MAIN POINT that the PROCESS which the Catholics (and all the others) have used to arrive at their doctrine (e.g. reading the Bible, discussing it, praying over it, etc etc over centuries) is the same as yours or anybody else's. One could study each of these examples of difference and come up with reasons why they are wrong, but that would serve no purpose. (OK, just this one: the Confession issue is very simple. Jesus said to his disciples that they can forgive sins, so they - the Catholics - formalised this into a PROCESS and believe that this is in accordance with their interpretation of scripture.)

The KEY CONCLUSION which I would like you to consider, is that the same PROCESS has given birth to all the different CONTENTS that we see around us.

NOBODY goes about this to say: "Let's see, what heretical doctrine can I dream up today?"

NO, everybody stands on his own little soapbox and says "Hear ye, hear ye, this is the full Truth!"

Is this simple concept too difficult to understand?

Do you agree that this is a real fact of life?

I am not attacking ANY of your doctrines, I am sure you went through a due diligence process to arrive at them.

All I am saying is that those that disagree with you ALSO went through a PROCESS and came up with what they, in all honesty and reasonableness, believe is correct, although it may differ from yours.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Jan '14 10:50
    Originally posted by CalJust
    Hi G,

Is it really so incredibly difficult to understand my very simple point?

Let me try one more time...

Firstly, understand that there is a difference between [b]PROCESS
    and CONTENT.

You described a PROCESS which JWs use to ensure purity of doctrine and leadership in the Church. By means of this PROCESS they obtain clarity on how sc ...[text shortened]... they, in all honesty and reasonableness, believe is correct, although it may differ from yours.[/b]
    Nicely stated. You said it so that a 5 yr old can understand. Lets see if he understands or better yet, agrees.

About this Catholic issue, I was brought up in a religion and indoctrinated as a child into believing that everything was wrong about Catholicism. It took me about 30 years and a lot of reading, to get that foolishness out of my head. For every doctrine that they were condemned for, there was in their Bible [which is the closest thing to the Bible of the Apostles - the Septuagint], a reasonable explanation. I am now a supporter of the 'beast' according too my parents.

Likewise for other Christian sects [they have a process as well], although some are shallow and vain eg the Prosperity Gospel ones and those that breed greed and worldliness.

The most sobering medicine for this desire to be exclusive and exclude the rest of humanity [all of whom Christ died for], is to focus on the teachings of Jesus Christ first. His words are timeless, simple and contains the truth about eternal life.
  5. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    30 Jan '14 11:48
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Nicely stated. You said it so that a 5 yr old can understand. Lets see if he understands or better yet, agrees.

About this Catholic issue, I was brought up in a religion and indoctrinated as a child into believing that everything was wrong about Catholicism. It took me about 30 years and a lot of reading, to get that foolishness out of my head. For every ...[text shortened]... nt], a reasonable explanation. I am now a supporter of the 'beast' according too my parents.

Thanks for this comment, Rajk.

I was raised first in the Lutheran and then in the Baptist Church, and because of this background I was also (until fairly recently, say 8 or so years) vehemently against the Catholic Church. This was the Beast, or at least the Scarlet Woman!

Anyway, through God's grace I have been involved in an inter-denominational movement where I have had the privilege of meeting many dear brothers and sisters who are RC.

As I said, I have had several paradigms blown away in recent years, and I am thankful for it.

CJ
  6. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    30 Jan '14 14:04
    Jesus interpreted the bible as the Father's love. "Love God with all your heart." Jesus lived his life and gave his life all in an act of love to the Father.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    31 Jan '14 09:09
    The Just Shall Live By Faith - Alone.

YouTube
  8. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    31 Jan '14 12:34
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The Just Shall Live By Faith - Alone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9QPQu-CzK0
    😴 😴 😴
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    31 Jan '14 21:471 edit
    Originally posted by CalJust
    😴 😴 😴
    This video is pointing out that it was Martin Luther who added "alone" in the margin next to that text.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree