1. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    17 Oct '05 11:46
    I feel god has punished me and god has sinned. How do I forgive him and what's the process for doing this?
  2. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    17 Oct '05 11:48
    Originally posted by Umalakas
    I feel god has punished me and god has sinned. How do I forgive him and what's the process for doing this?
    When you're DEAD you will BE SWALLOWED. It's like a game of chess--mate, you lose!
  3. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    17 Oct '05 12:171 edit
    Huh? You'll need to substantiate before I'll believe your premise. Is it not possible that god has punished you because you have sinned?
  4. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    17 Oct '05 15:19
    How has god punished you my son?

D
  5. London
    Moves
    17 Oct '05 15:58
    Doesn't the idea that God 'punished' you presume guilt on your part?

I'd say God has nothing to apologise for.
  6. Ohio
    Moves
    17 Oct '05 16:14
    What you have is bad theology. God does not sin!

I understanding being hurt by you perspective that God has done something against you, but it's not about you! God has His ways and we have ours.

It takes faith to trust even when you don't totally have the answers to see what the end will be.

I hope that helps.
  7. Standard membermokko
    Sinner
    Where I belong
    Moves
    17 Oct '05 16:20
    God doesn't punish us nor does God sin. It's you that needs to ask forgiveness for putting blame on God instead of taking resonsibility for your own misery.
  8. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    17 Oct '05 16:30
    It seems very obvious that the first poster puts things upside down, but if we take a careful look at how a lot of people on this site are reasoning we will find the same flawed assumption and flawed corresponding attitude of how the relationship is or should be between our Creator and his creatures ...... not we are guilty but God is. Therefore he should be punished ..... we crucify Him everyday and punish Him by not acknowledging Him as our God.
  9. Colorado
    Moves
    17 Oct '05 16:391 edit
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    It seems very obvious that the first poster puts things upside down, but if we take a careful look at how a lot of people on this site are reasoning we will find the same flawed assumption and flawed corresponding attitude of how the relationship is or should be between our Creator and his creatures ...... not we are guilty but God is. Therefore he should be punished ..... we crucify Him everyday and punish Him by not acknowledging Him as our God.
    Again this all comes back to our error not God's.
  10. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    17 Oct '05 17:07
    Ok, let's put this in simple terms. Say a kid is born SHORT, and everyone in school makes fun of him because he is short, and the guy in his teens cannot get a girlfriend because he is short, and whenever he's in a job interview against someone with the same skills, the taller one gets the job always. Is it not god's fault that he's born short and thus he suffers?
  11. Standard membermokko
    Sinner
    Where I belong
    Moves
    17 Oct '05 17:35
    Ok, let's put this in simple terms. Say a kid is born SHORT, and everyone in school makes fun of him because he is short, and the guy in his teens cannot get a girlfriend because he is short, and whenever he's in a job interview against someone with the same skills, the taller one gets the job always. Is it not god's fault that he's born short and thus he suffers?
    No it's not. That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. It's not Gods fault a person is short. And being short isn't a determining factor in job qualification either. If a short person decides to use being short as an excuse for all the bad in their life then that's his own problem. Not Gods. Grow some self confidence. People can sense another persons own self doubt and that's what will cause hardships not being geneitically predisposed to shortness.
  12. Joined
    31 Dec '02
    Moves
    17 Oct '05 17:53
    Assuming you believe in God, you have forgotten who created who.

It is obvious you don't think God exists as you don't understand what being a God
    is all about. As with the above, God doesn't sin, nor asks of a servant like me and
    you for forgiveness. Nor for that matter we are capable of punishing him.

It is also obvious that you have done something you shouldn't have. Your way out
    is to blame God. You are not the first, and won't be the last.

God is All Forgiving, All Merciful.
  13. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    17 Oct '05 18:32
    You have stepped into a writhing pit of fundamentalist my friend. This supposed god of theirs conceived of sin, delineated it, gave it potential, and finally introduced a system in which he knew sin would obtain with certainty. Some of them think he will complete his little game by with a magnificient eternal bonfire.

You have every right to complain. This god of theirs is either wretchedly psychotic or supremely negligent.
  14. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    17 Oct '05 18:381 edit
    Originally posted by telerion
    This god of theirs is either wretchedly psychotic or supremely negligent.
    Something like...

“...that last amorphous blight of nethermost confusion which blasphemes and bubbles at the centre of all infinity—the boundless daemon-sultan Azathoth, whose name no lips dare speak aloud, and who gnaws hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time amidst the muffled, maddening beating of vile drums and the thin, monotonous whine of accursed flutes; to which detestable pounding and piping dance slowly, awkwardly, and absurdly the gigantic ultimate gods, the blind, voiceless, tenebrous, mindless Other Gods whose soul and messenger is the crawling chaos Nyarlathotep.”

What it looks like: http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:xOUB2SHQGP8J:members.shaw.ca/csstrowbridge
  15. Standard memberJoe Fist
    Troubador
    Land of Fist
    Moves
    17 Oct '05 19:23
    I'm, I guess, spiritual but not religious but without being sarcastic why do you feel god owes you anything? I am assuming you feel slighted in some way, right? If that is correct what do you think god should do to make it up to you?

I don't know if god really sins. After all these are his rules, right? So he can do what he wants.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree