1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Mar '07 04:26
    Originally posted by josephw
    By any chance did you recieve your religious training in the Catholic church?
    Why should that matter?
  2. Standard membereagleeye222001
    Eye rival to Saurons
    Land of 64 Squares
    Moves
    02 Mar '07 06:25
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    how do you get the answer that you want?
    IS that being selfish?

Ever see the film "Bruce Almighty" where everyone wins the lottery and gets like a dollar when everyone's prayer gets answered.
  3. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    02 Mar '07 06:291 edit
    Originally posted by eagleeye222001
    IS that being selfish?

Ever see the film "Bruce Almighty" where everyone wins the lottery and gets like a dollar when everyone's prayer gets answered.
    but i only ask for something when it is very important to me which is not often, maybe once a year or even more, and they are not stupid things like money
  4. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    02 Mar '07 06:30
    can God hear your thoughts?
    God does not have ears like human beings. He does not hear, he does not eat, he does not sleep etc...
  5. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    02 Mar '07 07:12
    Originally posted by GinoJ
    God does not have ears like human beings. He does not hear, he does not eat, he does not sleep etc...
    what DOES he do then?
  6. Joined
    11 Jul '06
    Moves
    02 Mar '07 07:43
    Originally posted by josephw
    By any chance did you recieve your religious training in the Catholic church?
    I don't know if you can call it a 'training'. But yes, I am (was?) a Catholic... namesake only. I am what you might say a non-practicing Catholic. I have long abandoned the belief. The more I searched, the further away I got from the teachings of the bible. Of course those so-called religious people around me made it worse.
  7. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    02 Mar '07 07:53
    Originally posted by ckoh1965
    I don't know if you can call it a 'training'. But yes, I am (was?) a Catholic... namesake only. I am what you might say a non-practicing Catholic. I have long abandoned the belief. The more I searched, the further away I got from the teachings of the bible. Of course those so-called religious people around me made it worse.
    just because a religion is not a good one to you or people do not practice it the way you think they should doesnt mean there is anything wrong with the beliefs.
  8. Joined
    11 Jul '06
    Moves
    02 Mar '07 08:09
    just because a religion is not a good one to you or people do not practice it the way you think they should doesnt mean there is anything wrong with the beliefs.
    I never said that I expect the religious systems and teachings must agree with my ideals. If it works for other people, and if it results in the betterment of the human race, then I suppose I should encourage it to continue. But more often than not the reverse is true. Religions make people fight against each other, for example Christians fight with Muslims and vice versa etc.
  9. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    02 Mar '07 23:25
    Originally posted by ckoh1965
    I never said that I expect the religious systems and teachings must agree with my ideals. If it works for other people, and if it results in the betterment of the human race, then I suppose I should encourage it to continue. But more often than not the reverse is true. Religions make people fight against each other, for example Christians fight with Muslims and vice versa etc.
    it is not the religion, it is the people that practice it.
  10. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    03 Mar '07 03:10
    ...what is the proper way to pray?
    In English, after a nip of Scotch.
  11. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    03 Mar '07 05:42
    it is not the religion, it is the people that practice it.
    🙄
  12. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    03 Mar '07 06:02
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    🙄
    dont you agree? some people are hypocrites about their religion. for ex: "God loves everyone and he forgives you for your sins, but he hates fags"
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    03 Mar '07 06:20
    dont you agree? some people are hypocrites about their religion. for ex: "God loves everyone and he forgives you for your sins, but he hates fags"
    You could insert any group that are hated by any other group in your example, it is a human trait and get the same type of thing, but the bottom line is God loves us all; however, that does not mean that he will accept us if we end up before him in our sins.
    Kelly
  14. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    03 Mar '07 07:08
    if you are a Christian, what is the proper way to pray? i have prayed a lot and never have been answered. do you have to talk outloud or can God hear your thoughts? do you have to kneel down or anything like that?
    Have you ever considered that no-one may be listening?
  15. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    03 Mar '07 07:09
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Have you ever considered that no-one may be listening?
    yes

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree