1. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    01 Mar '07 04:59
    if you are a Christian, what is the proper way to pray? i have prayed a lot and never have been answered. do you have to talk outloud or can God hear your thoughts? do you have to kneel down or anything like that?
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Mar '07 06:17
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    if you are a Christian, what is the proper way to pray? i have prayed a lot and never have been answered. do you have to talk outloud or can God hear your thoughts? do you have to kneel down or anything like that?
    Christ taught us how to pray using the Lord's prayer. Do you know it?
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    01 Mar '07 07:13
    When I am unsure about my life and relationship with God, that is the first subject of prayer. With regard to my prayers, it depends, some times I kneel, sometimes I enter into conversation, always I try to speak the truth, I have to acknowledge my faults and desires, some times I think my prayers, some times I speak them out loud, and and always rest in the knowledge that He hears me, beause of Jesus' grace and mercy and blood on my life, otherwise I would have to try to earn something I could never reach, God's ear.
    Kelly
  4. Standard memberAcemaster
    Checkmate 2 U!
    Checkmating you!
    Moves
    01 Mar '07 12:29
    Originally posted by whodey
    Christ taught us how to pray using the Lord's prayer. Do you know it?
    The Lord's prayer was given as an example on what to pray.

EV, there are many ways to pray. I just look at the sky and talk to him. You can kneel, close your eyes, fold your hands...it doesn't matter to God. All he cares about is that your doing it.
  5. CA, USA
    Moves
    01 Mar '07 14:42
    I try to visualize the specific card I want to come on the river .. then fondle my lucky coin.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Mar '07 14:56
    Originally posted by Acemaster

EV, there are many ways to pray. I just look at the sky and talk to him. You can kneel, close your eyes, fold your hands...it doesn't matter to God. All he cares about is that your doing it.
    True, but Christ gave us some guidlines as well. For example, when we pray to God we call him "Father". We should also confess our sins as well as forgiving those who sin against us. These are examples of but a few guidlines given to us by Christ for use in our daily prayer.
  7. Joined
    11 Jul '06
    Moves
    01 Mar '07 15:04

Oh really? Well, many years ago, I actually tried going to the church and listened to the sermons. I did that every Sunday for about half a year. In the end, I couldn't stand the hypocrites I saw in church and decided I might as well pray from home. But NO! you can't just pray from home. You must go to church! Father Ivan said praying from home is also valid and God can still 'hear' you. But going to church is also necessary for the 'fellowship'. And then, one must 'receive' the 'body of Christ' at least once a year. To me, this sounds like you can't just simply pray as you like. But I don't know if only Catholic churches are like that. Anyway, I've long given up on Christianity. I'm just bringing this up because what is said here seems to be inconsistent with what I was told.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Mar '07 15:28
    Originally posted by ckoh1965
    Oh really? Well, many years ago, I actually tried going to the church and listened to the sermons. I did that every Sunday for about half a year. In the end, I couldn't stand the hypocrites I saw in church and decided I might as well pray from home. But NO! you can't just pray from home. You must go to church! Father Ivan said praying from home is also vali ...[text shortened]... g this up because what is said here seems to be inconsistent with what I was told.
    I think you will find that people are more than willing to tell you how to live your life. It seems to be our nature whether we are religous or not religous. It seems we think we are on the right path and we live our lives the best way possible no matter our beliefs. Otherwise, we would be living a different way, no? However, as a Christian my focus is on Christ and Chrsit alone. Religous leaders will come and go and will say what they wish. Some are hypocrites and err in terms of Biblical doctrine as in the time of Christ and others are authentic such as Nicodemous who was a religous leader during the time of Christ. That is why it is up to us and us alone to compare the teachings of Christ against what others may tell us. Afer all, I am called a Chrisitan, not a Baptistian or a Catholictian or a evangelictian.
  9. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    01 Mar '07 15:47
    how do you pray?
    I shave all my bodily hair and take a bath. Then I dress in charity shop clothing and make my way to the kill-zone. I wait sliently, often for hours wihtout moving, for the right moment and then...

... oh, pray, gotcha...
  10. Standard memberAcemaster
    Checkmate 2 U!
    Checkmating you!
    Moves
    01 Mar '07 19:40
    Originally posted by Starrman
    I shave all my bodily hair and take a bath. Then I dress in charity shop clothing and make my way to the kill-zone. I wait sliently, often for hours wihtout moving, for the right moment and then...

... oh, pray, gotcha...
    Well, at least you took a bath.
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Mar '07 00:42
    Prayer is simply talking to God. Read Philippians 4:6-7
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Mar '07 00:44
    Originally posted by ckoh1965
    Oh really? Well, many years ago, I actually tried going to the church and listened to the sermons. I did that every Sunday for about half a year. In the end, I couldn't stand the hypocrites I saw in church and decided I might as well pray from home. But NO! you can't just pray from home. You must go to church! Father Ivan said praying from home is also vali ...[text shortened]... g this up because what is said here seems to be inconsistent with what I was told.
    By any chance did you recieve your religious training in the Catholic church?
  13. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    02 Mar '07 03:58
    so i am praying right. then why dont i get answers? do i need to pray harder?
  14. Standard memberAcemaster
    Checkmate 2 U!
    Checkmating you!
    Moves
    02 Mar '07 04:16
    so i am praying right. then why dont i get answers? do i need to pray harder?
    Sometimes, God waits until the right time before he answers. Sometimes, if you don't get an answer, that is the answer.
    Sometimes, God gives you the answer in a way that you didn't think would come.
    Most of the time, we get the answer, don't like the answer, and pretend we didn't hear.
  15. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    02 Mar '07 04:26
    Sometimes, God waits until the right time before he answers. Sometimes, if you don't get an answer, that is the answer.
    Sometimes, God gives you the answer in a way that you didn't think would come.
    Most of the time, we get the answer, don't like the answer, and pretend we didn't hear.
    how do you get the answer that you want?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree