1. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    13 Nov '17 02:33
    Originally posted by @fmf
    You already know what I think about this and about what happens when people disagree about morals. We have talked about it explicitly. You are asking me about it again anyway. You are trolling.
    If morality is only individual as you say and your own morals only apply to you, it means you have no right to make moral judgements on Hitler or the God of the Bible, but yet you do.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Nov '17 02:36
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    If morality is only individual as you say and your own morals only apply to you, it means you have no right to make moral judgements on Hitler or the God of the Bible, but yet you do.
    This is a complete, deliberate and rather cretinous mischaracterization of what I have explained and argued very clearly in the past. I have no need to repeat myself. I am not jumping through your trolling adolescent hoops.
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    13 Nov '17 03:29
    This is a complete, deliberate and rather cretinous mischaracterization of what I have explained and argued very clearly in the past. I have no need to repeat myself. I am not jumping through your trolling adolescent hoops.
    "We can only speak for ourselves as individuals and take personal responsibility for how we interact with other people. That's what morality is all about. It's personal. It's subjective. It varies."

These are your words FMF.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Nov '17 03:32
    "We can only speak for ourselves as individuals and take personal responsibility for how we interact with other people. That's what morality is all about. It's personal. It's subjective. It varies."

These are your words FMF.
    Yes and what about the thousands and thousands of other words I also wrote on this subject? Didn't you read any of them? Go and troll somebody else.
  5. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    13 Nov '17 03:45
    Yes and what about the thousands and thousands of other words I also wrote on this subject? Didn't you read any of them? Go and troll somebody else.
    If morality is purely subjective as you say then all the thousands and thousands of words you have written about morality would be equivalent to you trying to defend your stance that the color blue is prettier than the color pink. No much use really to anyone.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Nov '17 03:47
    If morality is purely subjective as you say then all the thousands and thousands of words you have written about morality would be equivalent to you trying to defend your stance that the color blue is prettier than the color pink. No much use really to anyone.
    I am no longer interested in your trolling.
  7. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    13 Nov '17 03:50
    I am no longer interested in your trolling.
    Play the troll card whenever your arguments crumble. Very mature indeed.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Nov '17 03:55
    Play the troll card whenever your arguments crumble. Very mature indeed.
    If you believe that the chronic dysfunction in our conversations has been caused by my immaturity, then so be it. If I discern some improvement in your behaviour, I will resume discussing things with you.
  9. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    13 Nov '17 05:36
    If you believe that the chronic dysfunction in our conversations has been caused by my immaturity, then so be it. If I discern some improvement in your behaviour, I will resume discussing things with you.
    What you don't seem to get into your head is the fact that if morals are purely subjective there is no universally correct answer to a moral question. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Asking the question "Is it better to be selfless than selfish?" would be equivalent to asking "Is the color pink better than the color blue?" There is no correct answer. Ponder upon that, maybe it will sink in eventually.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Nov '17 05:46
    What you don't seem to get into your head is the fact that if morals are purely subjective there is no universally correct answer to a moral question. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Asking the question "Is it better to be selfless than selfish?" would be equivalent to asking "Is the color pink better than the color blue?" There is no correct answer. Ponder upon that, maybe it will sink in eventually.
    What you don't seem to get into your head is the actual meaning or content of anything I have said in any of my contributions to our 'conversations'.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Nov '17 06:02
    dj2becker, do you want me to repeat my explanation of my stance?
  12. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    13 Nov '17 06:07
    What you don't seem to get into your head is the actual meaning or content of anything I have said in any of my contributions to our 'conversations'.
    What 'actual meaning' have I not gotten into my head? I understand your stance. What am I missing?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Nov '17 06:12
    What 'actual meaning' have I not gotten into my head? I understand your stance. What am I missing?
    You're missing the part where you are supposed to talk to me as if you'd read my posts instead of asking the same questions over and over and over again as if you haven't.
  14. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    13 Nov '17 06:31
    You're missing the part where you are supposed to talk to me as if you'd read my posts instead of asking the same questions over and over and over again as if you haven't.
    You might prefer the color blue someone else might prefer green. Someone else might prefer the death sentence you might not. Big deal when it’s all subjective.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Nov '17 06:34
    You might prefer the color blue someone else might prefer green. Someone else might prefer the death sentence you might not. Big deal when it’s all subjective.
    Colours are not morals. Colours would only perhaps be analogous to morals in the mind of a child or a person with some kind of intellectual disability who has never thought about morality.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree