1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Oct '11 13:05
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Satan is a fictional boogie man created to try to scare people into worshipping god.

I believe in neither.
    I understand that is just what Satan wants you to believe.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Oct '11 13:08
    No because no satisfactory evidence has ever been presented over those thousands of years.
    You are just confirming the point that it never will be for the hard line
    skeptic.
  3. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    02 Oct '11 13:26
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You are just confirming the point that it never will be for the hard line
    skeptic.
    No I outlined the kind of thing I would consider to be valid proof.
    If it happened I would change my mind.
  4. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    02 Oct '11 13:28
    I understand that is just what Satan wants you to believe.
    Yeah but you can make claims like that about any boogie man you care to invent.

It's essentially the evil demons argument of Descartes.

As I don't go in for solipsism I just ignore stuff like that.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Oct '11 13:32
    Yeah but you can make claims like that about any boogie man you care to invent.

It's essentially the evil demons argument of Descartes.

As I don't go in for solipsism I just ignore stuff like that.
    Okay, then believe in Descates, who ever He is and forget about Yahshua.
    Maybe this Descates fellow can save your soul.
  6. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Oct '11 16:362 edits
    Originally posted by mikelom
    Define your perception of God please.

Simple question.

How do you perceive this form of a God?

-m.
    I have been this forum over a 12 months now and I have only presented spiritual basics and I have not presented higher spiritual knowledge in this forum because most are not qualified to appreciate.

This forum is kindergarten for learning about spirituality - and it would not be proper for me to start revealing higher knowledge when most cannot even understand that killing is wrong.

So I can not give detailed knowledge to answer your question.

However I can tell you this - Gods form is: sat - cit - ananda

Brahma Samhita:
    ishvaraha parama krishnaha sac-chid-ananda-vigraha anadir adi govindahasarvakarana-karanam
    Krsna who is known as Govinda is the Supreme Godhead. He has an eternal, blissful, spiritual body. He is the origin of all. He has no other origin and He is the prime cause of all causes.

Bhagavad Gita 10:8
    "I am the source of all spiritual and material worlds. Everything emanates from Me. The wise who perfectly know this engage in My devotional service and worship Me with all their hearts."

Bhagavad Gita 7:26
    "O Arjuna, as the Supreme Personality of Godhead, I know everything that has happened in the past, all that is happening in the present, and all things that are yet to come. I also know all living entities; but Me no one knows...."

Brahma Samhita 5;1
    "The Supreme Personality of Godhead is Krsna, who has a body of eternity, knowledge and bliss. He has no beginning, for He is the beginning of everything. He is the cause of all causes."

atah shri-krishna-namadi na bhaved grahyam indriyaih
    sevonmukhe hi jihvadau svayam eva sphuraty adah

Padma Purana:
    “No one can understand the transcendental nature of the name, form, qualities and pastimes of the Lord through his materially contaminated senses. Only when one becomes spiritually saturated by transcendental service to the Lord are the transcendental name, form, qualities and pastimes of the Lord revealed to him.

This last verse sums up why I cannot go into great detail about the transcendental form and nature of God because no one is qualified to enter into the mysteries of God whilst defending animal killing. - and they would simply become envious.

A person who is honest and sincere can go from basics to the highest understanding in three months - but those who are insincere, envious, dishonest and argumentative can spend their entire lives and not come to even understand the basics of spirituality.............not ever.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Oct '11 17:32
    Originally posted by Dasa
    I have been this forum over a 12 months now and I have only presented spiritual basics and I have not presented higher spiritual knowledge in this forum because most are not qualified to appreciate.

This forum is kindergarten for learning about spirituality - and it would not be proper for me to start revealing higher knowledge when most cannot even underst ...[text shortened]... ire lives and not come to even understand the basics of spirituality.............not ever.
    As the Holy Bible says ... there is no need to cast pearls before swine.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Oct '11 17:37

This forum is kindergarten for learning about spirituality - and it would not be proper for me to start revealing higher knowledge when most cannot even underst ...[text shortened]... ire lives and not come to even understand the basics of spirituality.............not ever.
    This Krsna sounds like Yahshua (Jesus the Christ). Did He do any great
    thing like raising Himself from the dead in three days or ascending into
    heaven.
  9. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    03 Oct '11 00:13
    heaven.
    Or any cool tricks like this: YouTube
  10. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Oct '11 03:501 edit
    As the Holy Bible says ... there is no need to cast pearls before swine.
    Yes exactly and I am trying to avoid doing this - and there is a fine line involved here.

And it not about being superior - but giving intimate knowledge of God to those who are envious will cause them to create offence and this is not good for them and me.
  11. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Oct '11 03:511 edit
    heaven.
    Krsna is eternal and has never died.

God cannot die.

You cannot die either.
    -------------

Jesus never walked away from the tomb and when the body is dead - it is dead for good.

However - the spiritual soul within the body of Jesus did descend to his next incarnation.

The spirit soul is the actual person - not the body.
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    03 Oct '11 04:40
    Krsna is eternal and has never died.

God cannot die.

You cannot die either.
    -------------

Jesus never walked away from the tomb and when the body is dead - it is dead for good.

However - the spiritual soul within the body of Jesus did descend to his next incarnation.

The spirit soul is the actual person - not the body.
    "Jesus never walked away from the tomb..."

So YOU say. I happen to believe He did.

So we disagree. Neither one of us has proved a thing have we? Now if we were going to debate this topic, we each would need to present proof.

The problem with your argument is you can't prove a negative. Think about that for a bit dasa.

On the other hand there is a great deal of evidence for the resurrection.
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    03 Oct '11 06:00

Thanks for clearing that up for us Dasa; the Spirituality posts should diminish now.

Just so as I am clear - you are saying that when a body is dead it is dead for good? This is cutting edge stuff! You must be lauded in your field.

What exactly is your field?
  14. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Oct '11 06:10
    Originally posted by josephw
    [b]"Jesus never walked away from the tomb..."

So YOU say. I happen to believe He did.

So we disagree. Neither one of us has proved a thing have we? Now if we were going to debate this topic, we each would need to present proof.

The problem with your argument is you can't prove a negative. Think about that for a bit dasa.

On the other hand there is a great deal of evidence for the resurrection.[/b]
    I do not want to turn this particular point into an endless discussion.

The truth is there to accept or reject.

But remember that to raise the consciousness - is about embracing truth and rejecting falsity and in this way one comes to the correct understanding of all things.

The eternal Vedic teachings help us with this.

Without an honest heart then all learning will be troublesome.
  15. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    03 Oct '11 06:10
    Satan has you hook, line, and sinker.
    And god has you hook, line and sinker.
    Both are fictional characters but lets (just for a minute) suppose they exist,

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree