1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Oct '11 06:23
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    And god has you hook, line and sinker.
    Both are fictional characters but lets (just for a minute) suppose they exist,

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE?
    The difference is your going to hell to cook snags for Satan , whereas RJHinds is going to a heaven with a big bearded guy running the show. It's a very cloud - like place and we could potentially meet some cool dudes , such as Jimi Hendrix.🙂

Of course I vehemently disagree with both these notions of heaven and hell. Hell, as the core meaning, ie "[fiery] pain forever" is totally ridiculous, just put there to keep us in check. If God is love and is all powerful become, 'It' alone resides in the unmanifested "heaven" which cannot be described in physical terms, and really there are no real examples as frames of reference . This is a matter of faith, but if you break it down and put some logic into the mix then my conclusion is that there is no such thing as eternal damnation,(A truly loving God would not send anyone to the sort of hell described in the bible. Rather he sends them to other situations where they may learn the lessons "God" has in store for them. )
  2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    03 Oct '11 09:16
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    The difference is your going to hell to cook snags for Satan , whereas RJHinds is going to a heaven with a big bearded guy running the show. It's a very cloud - like place and we could potentially meet some cool dudes , such as Jimi Hendrix.🙂

Of course I vehemently disagree with both these notions of heaven and hell. Hell, as the core meaning, ie " ...[text shortened]... m to other situations where they may learn the lessons "God" has in store for them. )
    Jimi Hendrix is in Heaven?
    Hallellujah.
    Where do I sign-up?
    😉
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Oct '11 20:48

Of course I vehemently disagree with both these notions of heaven and hell. Hell, as the core meaning, ie " ...[text shortened]... m to other situations where they may learn the lessons "God" has in store for them. )
    Just the threat of punishment works to correct some children.
    Others have to experience mental and physical pain before
    they straighten up. It is a matter of extremes. You get to pick
    by your attitude and actions.
  4. Pale Blue Dot
    Moves
    03 Oct '11 20:56
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I've finally placed you, Delbert!

YouTube
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Oct '11 22:36
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The threat of punishment works on children if the parent has backed up their requests with physical action consistenly at an early age. Once you consistently back up your requests, then a mere "threat" should be enough for the child to do as they're asked. No need to get up off the couch.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Oct '11 22:42
    The threat of punishment works on children if the parent has backed up their requests with physical action consistenly at an early age. Once you consistently back up your requests, then a mere "threat" should be enough for the child to do as they're asked. No need to get up off the couch.
    I understand, but I mean some catch on a lot quicker than others.
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    03 Oct '11 22:43
    That is true.

But I have learned a great follow up. Love your children so much that they desire to be just like you. They will obey out of love for you.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Oct '11 22:49
    Originally posted by Green Paladin
    I've finally placed you, Delbert!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjdgXqKjHvY
    That was in my younger days.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree