How Healthy is Your Relationship With God?

How Healthy is Your Relationship With God?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 May 18

Originally posted by @rajk999
I have been doing this for over 40 years. Been through all those scenarios and maybe one day you will realize that the only truth is directly from the mouth of Jesus Christ as recorded in the NT, and this truth is the only route into the Kingdom of God. Right now you are an immature Christian wallowing deep in the mire of false doctrines and the crooked and ...[text shortened]... u continue in Gods goodness you have a good relationship with God, otherwise you are cut off[/b]
What have you been doing for 40 years? Denying the deity of Christ? Promoting a false gospel? Insulting people and condemning them to hell? Spewing your hate? Telling people not to read the Bible, pray or go to church?

Wow. So much to be proud of πŸ™„

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
03 May 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @fmf
It's fascinating how much text is hacked out here onto our screens about "faith" - thinking stuff, faith, believing stuff, faith, memorizing scripture, faith, textual analysis about doctrine, faith, praying, faith, singing songs, faith, talk the talk, faith, think the think, faith, and on and on and on - what's the big deal?

When I was a Christian, "faith" ...[text shortened]... k: to me, it reeks of an unhealthy, selfish and impotent disposition towards a "God", any "God".
Remind me to parrot this back at you next time you attempt to diminish a Christian's testimony by belittling the things they actually DO in service of their faith and love for God. You always jump on those who testify their actions as "blowing their own horn" to the point of Christians absolutely not wanting to share how they have seen the power of God move in people's lives.

You hypocrite.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
03 May 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
I think the problem is much more endemic than that sir, across many religions.
An earmark of false religious zeal.

F

Moves
03 May 18
2 edits

Originally posted by @suzianne
Remind me to parrot this back at you next time you attempt to diminish a Christian's testimony by belittling the things they actually DO in service of their faith and love for God.
I have the utmost respect for the good things that people do ~ this goes for religious people and non-religious people - and it goes for my family, friends, neighbours, and people I don't know but who I hear about ~ including what Christians do in service of their faith and love for their God.

The point that you're missing is that there is so little discussion of this compared to the endless assertions and dissections of "faith", "faith", "faith", "faith", "faith", "faith", and all the amounts-to-nothing preening and posing that goes with it, and relatively little stuff about carrying out Jesus' commandments. Go back and read what I wrote.

F

Moves
03 May 18

Sorry, but it IS true.
No, I think you are rather self-obsessed and paranoid. And I think it leads you to say untrue things on this forum and to be oblivious to it.

Cryogenically frozen

Moves
03 May 18

Let me clarify. I had a wonderful relationship with my father. I was always his "little girl", even after I had grown into a woman. He called me "Sunshine". I respected him a great deal and he was a great man, my yardstick that I now judge all other men by. He died twelve years ago, and I still miss him every single day.

It never occurred to me to ...[text shortened]... my father never gave a damn about me, what makes me think God feels any differently?"

Savvy?
Thanks for clarifying. I'm pleased to hear you had a good relationship with your father. My own has been rather chaotic (understatement) but am fortunately close to the rest of my family.

Cryogenically frozen

Moves
03 May 18

Originally posted by @secondson
An earmark of false religious zeal.
If you like, but Christianity doesn't stand outside of that. (Be warned, I have examples to hand). πŸ™‚

Moves
03 May 18

Originally posted by @suzianne to FMF
For your information, "non-Christian" is not automatically the same as "anti-Christian".

Just so you know, because apparently, you don't.
"For your information, "non-Christian" is not automatically the same as "anti-Christian".

There are some adherents of Christianity who ascribe to the opinion that "You are either with us or against us." In fact, it appears to be Biblical:

Matther 12:30: He who is not with Me is against Me, and he who does not gather with Me scatters. 12:31 Therefore I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven.…

F

Moves
03 May 18

For your information, "non-Christian" is not automatically the same as "anti-Christian".

Just so you know, because apparently, you don't.
I am a "non-Christian" and not an "anti-Christian". Naturally, I get that some people don't realize or even automatically conflate the two.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
03 May 18

If you like, but Christianity doesn't stand outside of that. (Be warned, I have examples to hand). πŸ™‚
Actually it boils down to individual integrity.

I'd like to hear the examples.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
03 May 18

I am a "non-Christian" and not an "anti-Christian". Naturally, I get that some people don't realize or even automatically conflate the two.
Didn't Jesus say if you're not for me you're against me?

I can't think of where the verse is just now, but considering Jesus is the Lord of the universe it would be wise to learn whose camp you're in.

Cryogenically frozen

Moves
03 May 18

Originally posted by @secondson
Actually it boils down to individual integrity.

I'd like to hear the examples.
Shall we begin with the Crusades?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 May 18

Shall we begin with the Crusades?
Good grief. Going back 1,000 years? Got anything more current?

And I think one’s opinion of Christianity should be based on its foundational text (that’d be the New Testament in case you didn’t know.)

What verses or passages in the New Testament justify the Crusades in your view?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
03 May 18
1 edit

No, I think you are rather self-obsessed and paranoid. And I think it leads you to say untrue things on this forum and to be oblivious to it.
Hear hear.

And. It not just untrue things about posters...

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 May 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
Hear hear.

And. It just untrue things about posters.
<<And. It just untrue things about posters.>>

??