1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 May '12 02:30
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Yes, in this case, race matters not, as well. This indicates to me that aspects of God and aspects of man are similar, not necessarily the exact image.

It's interesting to note that the Quran (how is that spelled, anyhow? I see different spellings for it all the time) prohibits any graven likenesses of God, and in addition, it prohibits any images of ma ...[text shortened]... y of sets like the Staunton set. Sets with human likenesses are mainly only found in the West.
    Maybe "we are created with some of the potential attributes of God" , might be better, then again it may raise even more questions.
    All I'm saying is we are created with the "stuff" of "God" , which is inherently intelligent, benevolent, creative, purposeful ,etc. , but of which we only have bits and pieces of compared to "God" . (The idea of an actual image leaves one with the eery "image" of an invisible person looking into a mirror. Whereas the essence of "God" could still be there without an image.)
    You could say some people are blessed for I can see that some people are born with an inherent abilities, there from birth, the sort of abilities that other people spend many years trying to learn to the same degree (music would be a good example here)

Over here (in australia) we have been learning "Koran" , and it is not until I saw the predominance of people using "Quran" that I too have felt it the right way to spell it now - I dont know woman !! As long as people know what your on about I think we can skip the spelling.
    Just remember the Muslims are by and large sound human beings with decent morals ,etc. After all, they too have children .They too must adhere to "common sense" and other everyday universal situations just as we over here do.
    If they really were an out and out violent ," convert if you die" type majority people in reality, then they would have the numbers to really give us more of a flogging.
    At the end of the day, people just want to be happy with their families and I think that notion resounds in human culture all over the world.
  2. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    05 May '12 11:18
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Very nice graphical representation of all that's in the universe [at least what we know of]. There must have been an intelligent designer.

My opinion - the universe is teeming with life.

Note : Im not debating.

http://htwins.net/scale2/
    excellent web page, blew my tiny mind.

clearly shows the designer should stick to what he's good at (killing stuff, creating fear) and get a professional in to do the designing next time.
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    05 May '12 13:40
    I dont understand your question. Please rephrase it.
    You believe life was being created all over the universe for millions of years but give no reasons whatsoever for this belief. I guessed that you believe that Gods main purpose for creating space, stars and planets is to support life. Is that what you believe? If so why? If not, then why do you think there may be other life in the universe?
  4. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    05 May '12 14:002 edits
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    excellent web page, blew my tiny mind.

clearly shows the designer should stick to what he's good at (killing stuff, creating fear) and get a professional in to do the designing next time.
    let em sleep. jump over. keep moving.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 May '12 16:341 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    You believe life was being created all over the universe for millions of years but give no reasons whatsoever for this belief. I guessed that you believe that Gods main purpose for creating space, stars and planets is to support life. Is that what you believe? If so why? If not, then why do you think there may be other life in the universe?
    I believe that God created the universe. The Earth, the Bible says, God gave that to men, which is like a speck of dust really. The rest of universe which God can access at will, could never be empty and void of life. Just my opinion.

Am I entitled to an opinion without having reasons?

Do you have an opinion on this matter?
  6. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    05 May '12 19:24
    I believe that God created the universe. The Earth, the Bible says, God gave that to men, which is like a speck of dust really. The rest of universe which God can access at will, could never be empty and void of life. Just my opinion.

Do you have an opinion on this matter?

The first person to ask that question of, is oneself.

Of course the answer is "yes" IMO. 😉

But the next question is, am I entitled to express it?

Which may have different answers, depending.

For example, the parent who authoritatively states his opinions as facts may have an untoward (even unintended, rebellious) effect on the child.

However, I think on this forum it is fine, only the RHP mods need be considered.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 May '12 19:52
    Originally posted by JS357

The first person to ask that question of, is oneself.

Of course the answer is "yes" IMO. 😉

But the next question is, am I entitled to express it?

Which may have different answers, depending.

For example, the parent who authoritatively states his opinions as facts may have ...[text shortened]... the child.

However, I think on this forum it is fine, only the RHP mods need be considered.
    So for Twhitehead to insist that I have reasons for an unimportant issue like whether or not God created life on other planets is ridiculous.

It is of no consequence. It is a foolish issue.

Actually I did give a reason but it was not accepted. Unfortunately that is my reason .. that a God will not just create one world with life in such a huge universe.
  8. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    05 May '12 20:29
    So for Twhitehead to insist that I have reasons for an unimportant issue like whether or not God created life on other planets is ridiculous.

It is of no consequence. It is a foolish issue.

Actually I did give a reason but it was not accepted. Unfortunately that is my reason .. that a God will not just create one world with life in such a huge universe.
    I'm not intending any ridicule here, of anyone's view.

I think the regular features we see in nature would have to be very localized, for the only life that exists to be that which is here on Earth. We are only just beginning to count planets around other stars.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree