1. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    29 Oct '11 00:59
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Yes the signs and explinations are there. Either one notices and responds accordingly or they don't.
    But the one big fact of the Bible is it does not and has never lied to humans. So in that light why would anyone doubt these signs the Bible speaks of on such a clear level that we are seeing NOW?
    Fortunently God loves humans and he is giving all tha ...[text shortened]... If he didn't love us, then these signs would not be printed for all to see and to react too.
    g-man. How are you sir.

Curious. Do you find it fascinating or at least interesting, that God purposefully witholds the meaning of many Scriptures from certain individuals?

Clearly, in my eyes anyway, God intends for many things to be shrouded in mystery and confounding to those of The World; and I don't have any reason to believe it stops short of the end days.

Though certain prophetical signs and warnings have clearly presented themselves to us, so many of The World are completely oblivious to it and are so entrenched and stubborn, they can't be talked out of their point of view either.
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    29 Oct '11 02:58
    Originally posted by sumydid
    g-man. How are you sir.

Curious. Do you find it fascinating or at least interesting, that God purposefully witholds the meaning of many Scriptures from certain individuals?

Clearly, in my eyes anyway, God intends for many things to be shrouded in mystery and confounding to those of The World; and I don't have any reason to believe it stops short of t ...[text shortened]... it and are so entrenched and stubborn, they can't be talked out of their point of view either.
    Hey buddy. Haven't been feeling good so I haven't been on too much.
    Anyway if one looks at the scriptures that talk about the "Days of Noah" and how only eight survived and that no one took note of the warnings that were isued by Noah to them all, it would not be any different in this time period too.
    Most would be living right in the middle of wars, natural disasters , food shortages, economic failers, their own family members being murdered or robbed, etc, but still would not know the big picture and would not recognize these signs that they are right in the middle of and that are affecting the entire world.
    And yes God does withhold the facts or truth from those who aren't looking for it. The Bible makes it clear that only those seeking the TRUTH will be allowed to see it and understand it.
    The Bible also describes many as having a "FORM of Godly devotion but proving false to it's power."
    And it also says that "many like their ears tickled", which would mean they do go to church and are basically good people. But they miss these signs and they miss what Jesus really told us to do as Christians.
  3. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    29 Oct '11 03:06
    the g-man said
    And it also says that "many like their ears tickled"

Can you point me to that, I want to check the context.

Because to me, (off the cuff) it sounds like it's saying that many enjoy hearing the good news, but reject the bad news. And how many quasi-Christians does THAT describe these days, eh? Countless numbers.

I hope you get to feeling better, bro. I know a lot of people under the weather right now. I've been very fortunate not to get hit by it, but it seems like it's just a matter of time, as everyone around me drops like flies, one by one. 🙁 I pray in Jesus' precious name that you get well very, very soon. God bless.
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    29 Oct '11 04:261 edit
    the g-man said
    [b]And it also says that "many like their ears tickled"

Can you point me to that, I want to check the context.

Because to me, (off the cuff) it sounds like it's saying that many enjoy hearing the good news, but reject the bad news. And how many quasi-Christians does THAT describe these days, eh? Countless numbe by one. 🙁 I pray in Jesus' precious name that you get well very, very soon. God bless.[/b]
    Sure, here a few different translations:

2 Timothy 4:3
    New Life Version (NLV)
    3 The time will come when people will not listen to the truth. They will look for teachers who will tell them only what they want to hear.

The Message (MSG)
    3-5 You're going to find that there will be times when people will have no stomach for solid teaching, but will fill up on spiritual junk food—catchy opinions that tickle their fancy. They'll turn their backs on truth and chase mirages. But you—keep your eye on what you're doing; accept the hard times along with the good; keep the Message alive; do a thorough job as God's servant.

J.B. Phillips New Testament (PHILLIPS)
    3-5 For the time is coming when men will not tolerate wholesome teaching. They will want something to tickle their own fancies, and they will collect teachers who will pander to their own desires. They will no longer listen to the truth, but will wander off after man-made fictions. For yourself, stand fast in all that you are doing, meeting whatever suffering this may involve. Go on steadily preaching the Gospel and carry out to the full the commission that God gave you.

I liked this last one as it comments on the "Commission" that Christians are under that God thru his son Jesus gave us. Most don't understand this commission and this is one of the things we're talking about that many don't understand because they don't want to. Thus God does not let them see it. Their content to hear only the "milk" of spirituality and not the "meat" as the Bible describes.
    This commission work is the "preaching" and "teaching" work that Jesus and all his followers did as it says above and that we have to do to honor that request from God and to hopefully help ones who are looking for the truth to find it.

Oh and thanks for the good will. I'll be fine just have a bug.
  5. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    29 Oct '11 05:28
    Yep the context is as expected. I can't think of a thing more prevalent in the church today... whereas all the "good stuff" is soaked up like a sponge, while the stuff folks don't want to hear or doesn't make them feel all warm and fuzzy... is rejected outright.

Thanks bro.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Oct '11 07:54
    Yep the context is as expected. I can't think of a thing more prevalent in the church today... whereas all the "good stuff" is soaked up like a sponge, while the stuff folks don't want to hear or doesn't make them feel all warm and fuzzy... is rejected outright.

Thanks bro.
    I think your earlier post went right over G-man's head.
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    29 Oct '11 10:58
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I think your earlier post went right over G-man's head.
    So explain yourself.....
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    29 Oct '11 10:58

Thanks bro.
    Your welcome....
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Oct '11 15:20
    Originally posted by galveston75
    So explain yourself.....
    Maybe, it is best left unexplained on the Sabbath.
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    29 Oct '11 16:13
    Maybe, it is best left unexplained on the Sabbath.
    Another excuse for having no answer? Yep!!!
  11. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    29 Oct '11 19:383 edits
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    And/or?

What do you mean, and/or?

These are two separate events, approximately 7 years apart, give or take.

Rapture first, then seven years of Tribulation, then Battle of Armageddon.

And, of course, no one knows the date or time. When He was on earth, Christ said even He didn't know when, only the Father.

But we're clearly headed in that dir ...[text shortened]... t. This means the events above are very likely to occur in the lifetimes of most people here.
    Well...very likely if
    a) The so-called anti-Christ is a thing that exists
    b) You have described accurately these grand battles of "light vs dark" and what not
    c) You have your chronology correct
    d) your belief that this anti-Christ thingymajig exists *now* is correct.

Given I strongly doubt each of a), b), c) and d) the likelyhood from my vantage point is looking pretty slim
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    29 Oct '11 19:52
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    Any of those who believe we're in the run-up to armageddon and/or the rapture care to take a punt on how long we have left?
    It doesn't matter. Live as if today were your last.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Oct '11 21:51
    Originally posted by josephw
    It doesn't matter. Live as if today were your last.
    I think, if a person were healthy enough to do anything he wished
    and he knew he would die tomorrow at sunset, that how he lived
    his last day would be determined by his world view.
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    29 Oct '11 22:34
    I think, if a person were healthy enough to do anything he wished
    and he knew he would die tomorrow at sunset, that how he lived
    his last day would be determined by his world view.
    True. That man had better have the right world view.
  15. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    29 Oct '11 23:06
    Originally posted by josephw
    True. That man had better have the right world view.
    True dat, dawg.

The impact... its a comin' !! 😲

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree