1. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    29 Oct '11 23:07
    Originally posted by sumydid
    True dat, dawg.

The impact... its a comin' !! 😲
    Go and hide if you will. Fear profits a man nothing.
  2. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    29 Oct '11 23:101 edit
    Originally posted by Ullr
    Go and hide if you will. Fear profits a man nothing.
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. But be assured, none of us are hiding.

When the light comes on, we embrace it. We don't scurry and hide in the dark crevices con los cucarachas
  3. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    29 Oct '11 23:13
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. But be assured, none of us are hiding.

When the light comes on, we embrace it. We don't scurry and hide in the dark crevices con los cucarachas
    "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom"

Fear of the "Lord" is the beginning of subjugation not wisdom.
  4. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    29 Oct '11 23:21
    "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom"

Fear of the "Lord" is the beginning of subjugation not wisdom.
    What's wrong with submission to your sovereign Creator.

I'm very familiar with and understand what you're saying. It is said that full 1/3 of the angels in heaven embraced that very sentiment.
  5. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    29 Oct '11 23:252 edits
    What's wrong with submission to your sovereign Creator.

I'm very familiar with and understand what you're saying. It is said that full 1/3 of the angels in heaven embraced that very sentiment.
    "What's wrong with submission to your sovereign Creator."

Nothing. I make it a point to offer sacrifice to the gods and goddesses of Asgard every year.
  6. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    29 Oct '11 23:27
    "What's wrong with submission to your sovereign Creator."

Nothing. I make it a point to offer sacrifice to the gods and goddesses of Asgard every year.
    Well at least you can appreciate a Christian author. Kudos!
  7. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    29 Oct '11 23:301 edit
    Well at least you can appreciate a Christian author. Kudos!
    Hah! Touche.

I supposed you are referring to Snorri Sturlisson or perhaps Saxo Grammaticus. Well for the record I do not consider them a primary source for my beliefs although I think a fair amount of information regarding pre-Christian belief can be derived from them but once must be careful to view such authors with a skeptical lense. You see my religion is a bit different than yours. We do not take everything we are told or that which is written by other human beings as absolute truth.
  8. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    29 Oct '11 23:33
    Hah! Touche.

I supposed you are referrining to Snorri Sturlisson or perhaps Saxo Grammaticus. Well for the record I do not consider them a primary source for my beliefs although I think a fair amount of information regarding pre-Christian belief can be derived from them but once must be careful to view such authors with a skeptical lense. You see my relig ...[text shortened]... ot take everything we are told or that which is written by other human beings as absolute truth.
    No, I was referring to your mention of Asgard, i.e. Tolkien. Sorry to disappoint you! 🙂

Anyway, I can dig it. Seriously.

If my faith were based solely on the trust of words written by other people, then it would be an empty facade of a faith indeed. No argument there.
  9. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    29 Oct '11 23:38
    Ullr

Just a shot. I appreciate this song on a spiritual level. Maybe you will get something out of it.

I wish I could find the video with better sound quality.

YouTube
  10. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    29 Oct '11 23:43
    No, I was referring to your mention of Asgard, i.e. Tolkien. Sorry to disappoint you! 🙂

Anyway, I can dig it. Seriously.

If my faith were based solely on the trust of words written by other people, then it would be an empty facade of a faith indeed. No argument there.
    Your Tolkein comment is just a wisecrack isn't it? You do realize that Asgard is not a Tolkien invention don't you? Please tell me that you do because that would be like me assuming that Christian mythology was a creation of some 20th century author.

Of course you don't think that. It must have just been a wisecrack then. But seriously do you have any knowledge whatsoever of the primary sources of Teutonic mythology?
  11. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    29 Oct '11 23:45
    I know nothing of Teutonic Mythology. My Pagan brother could probably go on about it for hours, but, it's not of interest to me.

I know of Asgard from the Tolkien trilogy. Nothing beyond that.
  12. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    29 Oct '11 23:45

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

13. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    29 Oct '11 23:50
    I know nothing of Teutonic Mythology. My Pagan brother could probably go on about it for hours, but, it's not of interest to me.

I know of Asgard from the Tolkien trilogy. Nothing beyond that.
    That's fine. At least now it is squarely on the table that I know a lot more about your spirituality than you do mine.
  14. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    29 Oct '11 23:59
    That's fine. At least now it is squarely on the table that I know a lot more about your spirituality than you do mine.
    True dat.

Did you check the link and what do you think of it. Cheezy?
  15. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    30 Oct '11 00:05
    True dat.

Did you check the link and what do you think of it. Cheezy?
    Yeah it was pretty cheezy. I'll be honest I could only get through the first 30 seconds.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree