1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    31 Oct '11 05:201 edit
    Originally posted by sumydid
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. But be assured, none of us are hiding.

When the light comes on, we embrace it. We don't scurry and hide in the dark crevices con los cucarachas
    No fear. Not in any context. It is a mind virus. There IS such a thing as being brave and 'being a man' ,but it comes from psycology,not physiology.
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    31 Oct '11 05:24
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    You can test this yourself.

Ask any 10 people do they believe God exists. Not Jesus, but God. Say you're taking a survey. 5-7 people say they believe there is a God. Then ask them do they believe Satan exists. 2-4 will say they believe Satan exists.

Keep in mind more older people will believe both exist, while more younger people will believe nei ...[text shortened]... exist. But you'll still get a sizable number of people who believe God exists, but not Satan.
    Younger people are smarter
  3. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    09 Nov '11 14:12
    This thread is so f***ed up, I don't even know where to begin.
  4. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    09 Nov '11 14:21
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    There are many good love songs to Jesus, however, atheist would not
    even listen to them if they knew it.
    I am not sure what you mean by 'love song's to Jesus' but there are many religious hymns that are beautiful
    and can be enjoyed by theist and atheist alike.
    I went to a junior C of E school and we regularly sang hymns in assembly and for the holiday ceremonies,
    many of which I thoroughly enjoyed, despite not believing them literally.

Being an atheist does not make you not spiritual, or not capable of experiencing wonder or enjoy art.
    It's comparable to being lost in a great work of fiction, and being thoroughly immersed in the plot and characters
    and weeping for them when they die or are in pain but still realise that it, and they are not real.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Nov '11 14:26
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Younger people are smarter
    older people have more experience, meh, what's up doc?
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Nov '11 21:47
    Baloney mate!

Music transcends any perceived barriers. Although I do find most christian music crap, all music is important and plays a role. Even if one song only "moves" one person, the music has won.
    Music is a great drug with minimal side effects.
    It soothes the soul and it doesn't matter whether it's christian or satanic. It's all good. Even the bad stuff is good.
    I think most rap music is crap except for "U Can't Touch This" by M.C. Hammer

YouTube
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    09 Nov '11 21:54
    Originally posted by lausey
    This thread is so f***ed up, I don't even know where to begin.
    What else is new?
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    09 Nov '11 21:59
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    older people have more experience, meh, what's up doc?
    And hopefully more wisdom.

The upcoming generations often have learnt collectively form the mistakes of previous generations. It is a shame that many of them do not respect their elders nor use their intelligence for bettering the world. A lot of them just use their intelligence to put down others and to point out mistakes rather than doing something about it.
    (I have talked to my 16 year old daughter about this, so I have some direct idea of what I'm talking about here. She is ashamed of most of the people in here gen for these and other shortcomings)
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    09 Nov '11 22:061 edit
    I think most rap music is crap except for "U Can't Touch This" by M.C. Hammer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIHAkqCls4A
    This has been discussed before (see "the curse of rap" thread in culture)

As I have stated a few times before, one shouldn't dismiss music purely because of it's genre. I dont like most rap music but there are exceptions (Cypress Hill, Beastie Boys,Eminem,Public Enemy).
    It is a mistake to say all rap is crap.
    Often the music you will hear from any genre will be the more diluted,radio friendly versions of that genre, which has often been made radio friendly by the record people and not the artists themselves.

A good rap , which has something good to say is difficult to do and does take talent to do it.
    Unfortunately most rappers sing about themselves , their wealth and their "ho's", which is why rap is an easy target.

edit: I'm not sure if MCHammer qualifies as rap
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Nov '11 12:321 edit
    This has been discussed before (see "the curse of rap" thread in culture)

As I have stated a few times before, one shouldn't dismiss music purely because of it's genre. I dont like most rap music but there are exceptions (Cypress Hill, Beastie Boys,Eminem,Public Enemy).
    It is a mistake to say all rap is crap.
    Often the music you will hear from any , which is why rap is an easy target.

edit: I'm not sure if MCHammer qualifies as rap
    Yes, that is classified as rap for I got it for 69 cents on itunes and it says RAP.
    And also just like you said you believed MOST Christian music is crap, I said
    I believe MOST, not ALL, rap music is crap.

P.S. Also I think M.C. Hammer got an award as a Rap artist for it.
  11. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    10 Nov '11 12:34
    Yes, that is classified as rap for I got it for 69 cents on itunes and it says RAP.
    This might be the one issue where you and I agree....
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Nov '11 12:38

P.S. Also I think M.C. Hammer got an award as a Rap artist for it.
    Yes,yes, ignore the majority of my post and focus on your little two cents worth. Brilliant!
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Nov '11 12:39
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    This might be the one issue where you and I agree....
    You an M c Hammer fan too,eh? 😀
  14. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    10 Nov '11 13:07
    You an M c Hammer fan too,eh? 😀
    Nope, I just hate almost all rap music.

There are a couple of Will Smith rap songs that aren't too bad, but I often get told they
    don't count (for reasons passing understanding).

I like many many kinds of music and song.... rap is not one of them.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Nov '11 14:24
    Yes,yes, ignore the majority of my post and focus on your little two cents worth. Brilliant!
    No, it was 69 cents. 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree