How Many Laws in Rom.7&8?

How Many Laws in Rom.7&8?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Nov 21

@kevin-eleven said
One egomaniacal guy's self-report, not confirmed by anyone else.
“And there was a certain disciple at Damascus, named Ananias; and to him said the Lord in a vision, Ananias. And he said, Behold, I am here, Lord.

And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the street which is called Straight, and enquire in the house of Judas for one called Saul, of Tarsus: for, behold, he prayeth,

And hath seen in a vision a man named Ananias coming in, and putting his hand on him, that he might receive his sight.

Then Ananias answered, Lord, I have heard by many of this man, how much evil he hath done to thy saints at Jerusalem:

And here he hath authority from the chief priests to bind all that call on thy name.

But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:”

(Acts 9:10-15)

Moves
26 Nov 21
1 edit

@pb1022 said
There were people with him, he was blinded and Jesus told another person that Paul was His chosen vessel for the Gentiles.
Let what is written by whoeverso wrote it be believed by the believers, for so it has been written.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Nov 21

@kevin-eleven said
Says who?
Says the Holy Bible.

Read Acts, chapter 9.

Moves
26 Nov 21
1 edit

@pb1022 said
Says the Holy Bible.

Read Acts, chapter 9.
Read Alan Moore's Watchmen, or How I Became One of the Invisible by David Rattray.

BTW, doesn't Ananias mean "pineapple"? What kind of symbology is in play here?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Nov 21

@kevin-eleven said
Read Alan Moore's Watchmen, or How I Became One of the Invisible by David Rattray.

BTW, doesn't Ananias mean "pineapple"? What kind of symbology is in play here?
I’m not going to read either of those, tbh.

And I have no idea what Ananias means and don’t think it’s relevant.

But God forbid anyone on the Internet ever admitted they were wrong.

Moves
26 Nov 21

@pb1022 said
I’m not going to read either of those, tbh.

And I have no idea what Ananias means and don’t think it’s relevant.

But God forbid anyone on the Internet ever admitted they were wrong.
What's wrong with your post is that you forgot to add "Thy Will Be Done" to indicate that you understand and accept that God has ultimate veto power over your tiny wishes and might have other plans, you petty pipsqueak in God's vast Cosmos.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Nov 21

@kevin-eleven said
What's wrong with your post is that you forgot to add "Thy Will Be Done" to indicate that you understand and accept that God has ultimate veto power over your tiny wishes and might have other plans, you petty pipsqueak in God's vast Cosmos.
I don’t think God micromanages Christians’ lives. If you do, that’s fine. Christians retain their free will - to what extent, I couldn’t say, but the indwelling of God’s Holy Spirit in a Christian clearly does not mean that Christian no longer sins.

Moves
26 Nov 21

@pb1022 said
I don’t think God micromanages Christians’ lives. If you do, that’s fine. Christians retain their free will - to what extent, I couldn’t say, but the indwelling of God’s Holy Spirit in a Christian clearly does not mean that Christian no longer sins.
So what? Whatever you think is a third-order microconception at best.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Nov 21

@kevin-eleven said
So what? Whatever you think is a third-order microconception at best.
No, my beliefs are based on the Holy Bible. If you want to have a conversation about whether the Holy Bible is trustworthy and why it’s trustworthy, that’s a whole other issue.

Moves
26 Nov 21

@pb1022 said
No, my beliefs are based on the Holy Bible. If you want to have a conversation about whether the Holy Bible is trustworthy and why it’s trustworthy, that’s a whole other issue.
Which other issue would that be?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Nov 21

@kevin-eleven said
Which other issue would that be?
The trustworthiness of the Holy Bible is a separate issue from this thread.

But it sounds like you just want to argue. I’m really not interested 👋

Moves
26 Nov 21

@pb1022 said
The trustworthiness of the Holy Bible is a separate issue from this thread.

But it sounds like you just want to argue. I’m really not interested 👋
Thank goodness! 😉

Moves
26 Nov 21

@pb1022 said
Interesting digression or perhaps misdirection. I haven't written anything about God micromanaging any lives.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Nov 21

@Suzianne

I quoted the Recovery Version.
You can read Romans 7 - 8 in any good version.

If you would like to paste in or copy from your version, please do.

Moves
26 Nov 21

@suzianne said
Wait, timeout.

Is this from your Recovery Version?
There are a lot of English-language translations of the Bible. Which one speaks to you, and why would you question the choice of a translation that helps another?