1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Apr '19 07:58
    @galveston75 said
    Lol. What a joke. I'm not going to EVER repeat that one word answer to you because I've given that one word answer to you, oh say, at least about 5 times over what seems to be 50 miserable years with your badgering and the inability to understand that simple answer.
    Do you understand what "no" means or what "yes" means? Or how about what someone being "slow" means? Really do you?
    The reason you won’t give a definitive answer is because the answer is “no”, and we both know what that means don’t we..it means that you would be acknowledging the exclusivity of your religious organisation I.e. it being a cult.

I honestly don’t care if you don't like me Galveston75, in fact I’d be very surprised if you did. After all your usual final salvoes in here, before a pouty flounce-off, generally include calling me unpleasant names. Last time you ‘left for good’ you announced that I was “worse than Satan”.

That was a classic.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Apr '19 10:13
    @suzianne said
    Rajk, it is called WITNESS.

One might be excused thinking that you know this. Perhaps your reticence is because you have nothing to witness. And you know it.

We are also called to help one another. This means FELLOWSHIP. You have shown a remarkable tendency to not give a damn about anyone except yourself.
    I suspect your problem is that you want me to be like you. I am me, you are you. Recently you spoke at length about yourself and ended up making yourself look pretty stupid. I did not read the details because I shy away from personal talk and discussion about peoples personal lives and what they do and dont do. I dont care about that.

For the last time, Im here to discuss the doctrine of Christ and the Apostles and how it relates to someones salvation and eternal life in the Kingdom of God. If you notice I rarely get involved in small talk or any unrelated topic.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Apr '19 10:18
    @galveston75 said
    Oh yes you are a true christian by all means. You show kindness, mercy and the perfect good Samaritan heart and attitude every time you post. I'm sure Jesus is just tickled pink with joy with you and the example you set of being the perfect loving Christian you dazzle us all with.

Also I now see that you, like Jesus is a reader of hearts. Awesome dude, you're all that and more!
    I do not know what people do in their personal lives and neither do I care about that. Jesus will judge all people. I only see two kinds of people on this chat forum -

Those who support the teachings of Christ regarding the critical nature of good works and righteousness for eternal life.

vs

Those who take a faith only position and ridicule good works and those who speak of its importance.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Apr '19 14:16
    @lemondrop said
    I'm not a big fan or student of religion
    but how many times can the slate be wiped clean?
    can one commit sin after sin and then ask for forgiveness?
    if the answer is unlimited then heaven must be full of really wicked souls
    Jesus died once for all sins, this one act was for the justification of all. The real questions come to us do we ask to be forgiven so that Christ sacrifice be for our sins? If we come to Him for our sins are we offering forgiveness to those who sinned against us? The forgiveness He offers comes with the command to share it to those who sin against us!

This is not a one and done event, we are told to pick up our cross daily and follow the One who only had to do it once for all.

So forgiveness is endless with the God who lives in eternity as we share our lives in Him!
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Apr '19 14:47
    @kellyjay said
    This is not a one and done event, we are told to pick up our cross daily and follow the One who only had to do it once for all.
    My memory of it is you are "told" to do more than that. Didn't you yourself quote Peter the other day?
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Apr '19 22:19
    @divegeester said
    The reason you won’t give a definitive answer is because the answer is “no”, and we both know what that means don’t we..it means that you would be acknowledging the exclusivity of your religious organisation I.e. it being a cult.

I honestly don’t care if you don't like me Galveston75, in fact I’d be very surprised if you did. After all your usual final salvoes in here ...[text shortened]... . Last time you ‘left for good’ you announced that I was “worse than Satan”.

That was a classic.
    Believe what you want......
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Apr '19 22:21
    @rajk999 said
    I do not know what people do in their personal lives and neither do I care about that. Jesus will judge all people. I only see two kinds of people on this chat forum -

Those who support the teachings of Christ regarding the critical nature of good works and righteousness for eternal life.

vs

Those who take a faith only position and ridicule good works and those who speak of its importance.
    Well, well. No insults. I'm impressed.
  8. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    14 Apr '19 22:37
    @lemondrop said
    I'm not a big fan or student of religion
    but how many times can the slate be wiped clean?
    can one commit sin after sin and then ask for forgiveness?
    if the answer is unlimited then heaven must be full of really wicked souls
    That's not how the Bible characterizes it.

Jesus died for every sin once and for all.

"can one commit sin after sin and then ask for forgiveness?"

I see your dilemma. That's a really good question. One might think that it would be unjust of God to allow someone to live in a lifestyle that is clearly sinful, and still forgive that one.

It's hard to believe that. But the Bible is clear. If one is truly repentant, even after a lifetime of sin, God will not turn away.

On the other hand, one can deceive themselves into thinking they can live in habitual sin and give lip service, but fail to have a heart change.

God knows.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Apr '19 06:481 edit
    @galveston75 said
    Believe what you want......
    I’ve asked you a straightforward question relating to the religious exclusivity of what is described by many observers as your “cult” church, and you refuse to answer. I’ve then succinctly explained why you won’t answer and all you can come back with is “believe what you want”...Is that it?

You make big claims about your Watchtower organisation, we all know that you covertly believe that your church is the one true church and the SOLE holders of God’s truth on earth and that no one gets life after death unless you are a member. What I’m doing is drawing attention to your cultism, calling out the malpractice, the bullying, the covering up of child sex abuse.

Yes of course I will “believe what I want” Galveston75 and I will influence others as much as I can too. If all you can offer in return is this fragile stonewalling and glib retorts then that’s absolutely fine with me.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Apr '19 12:05
    @secondson said
    That's not how the Bible characterizes it.

Jesus died for every sin once and for all.

"can one commit sin after sin and then ask for forgiveness?"

I see your dilemma. That's a really good question. One might think that it would be unjust of God to allow someone to live in a lifestyle that is clearly sinful, and still forgive that one.

It's hard to believ ...[text shortened]... g they can live in habitual sin and give lip service, but fail to have a heart change.

God knows.
    God decides who is forgiven or not forgiven after a lifetime of sin. The doctrine preached by you and sonship is that they WILL BE FORGIVEN and they cannot be cast out of the kingdom of God once a profession of faith is made. This doctrine is false.
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    16 Apr '19 01:23
    @divegeester said
    I’ve asked you a straightforward question relating to the religious exclusivity of what is described by many observers as your “cult” church, and you refuse to answer. I’ve then succinctly explained why you won’t answer and all you can come back with is “believe what you want”...Is that it?

You make big claims about your Watchtower organisation, we all know that you ...[text shortened]... n offer in return is this fragile stonewalling and glib retorts then that’s absolutely fine with me.
    Sorry to be so blunt, but you are a foolish, hateful and ill informed man. In your mind there is real hate it seems and that is fine. I don't care and you invoke no fear in me at all. If anything I feel very sad for you as you are so blinded by your hate. But then Jesus clearly warned his followers to expect this. He said ones like this are "from their father the devil". His words not mine.
    But there is always hope as even Saul thought he was doing God's will by persecuting Jesus's followers. I hope that day comes for you as you are a human with life that God gave you and their is always hope. But he has his limits too...
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    16 Apr '19 01:35
    @rajk999 said
    God decides who is forgiven or not forgiven after a lifetime of sin. The doctrine preached by you and sonship is that they WILL BE FORGIVEN and they cannot be cast out of the kingdom of God once a profession of faith is made. This doctrine is false.
    1 Cor 15: 53 "For this which is corruptible must put on in corruption, and this which is mortal must put on immortality." This of course is Jesus speaking to his chosen ones who will join him in heaven and will reign with him as the 144,000.

So far you have refused to explain in your own words what other scriptures mean that I've showed you. Perhaps you can comment on this one. You say ones who gain this position in heaven can be cast out of heaven. Not according to this scripture.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Apr '19 05:55
    @galveston75 said
    Sorry to be so blunt, but you are a foolish, hateful and ill informed man. In your mind there is real hate it seems and that is fine. I don't care and you invoke no fear in me at all. If anything I feel very sad for you as you are so blinded by your hate. But then Jesus clearly warned his followers to expect this. He said ones like this are "from their father the devil". His words not mine.
    What you see, or pretend to see, as me being foolish and being blinded by hate and being worse than Satan and the Devil being my father and all your other nasty little barbs, is just a guy on the internet calling out and presenting evidence of your religious organisation for it actually is.

Your buddy Robbie said that I had the morals of a lynch mob murderer and was capable of killing because I couldn’t prove that I wasn’t capable of killing. Between the pair of you you have accused me of the vilest things and attributed to my person and spirt the kinship of Satan and of being basically a terrible person. I would NEVER under any circumstances accuse you of what you accuse me of. Your use of the names and lineage of celestial beings as an insult is disgraceful considering you class yourself as a Christian. I regard you very lowly in this respect.

And why do you do all this....because I criticise your cult and you don’t like it, and you struggle to defend it.

Carry on Sir, it just reveals you for who you really are.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Apr '19 06:07
    @galveston75 said
    Sorry to be so blunt, but you are a foolish, hateful and ill informed man...

You should post this on your profile as an example of your online persona at work.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Apr '19 09:02
    @galveston75 said
    1 Cor 15: 53 "For this which is corruptible must put on in corruption, and this which is mortal must put on immortality." This of course is Jesus speaking to his chosen ones who will join him in heaven and will reign with him as the 144,000.

So far you have refused to explain in your own words what other scriptures mean that I've showed you. Perhaps you can comment on ...[text shortened]... ay ones who gain this position in heaven can be cast out of heaven. Not according to this scripture.
    Where did you that quote from. There is no such passage in the bible.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree