1. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 08:58
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    They were not condemned or if they were then there was a reprieve because the ark was there. No one would have stopped some of them walking into the ark. Would they?
    The Ark is symbolic of Jesus. If you agree that there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, you would have to agree that those who are not in Christ are condemned, no?
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 09:01
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    The Ark is symbolic of Jesus.
    No, it isn't. Jesus came a long time after. So says the book.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 09:04
    The Ark is symbolic of Jesus. If you agree that there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, you would have to agree that those who are not in Christ are condemned, no?
    Yes, to a certain degree.
    My point is that they could have walked over to the ark and got onboard and been saved irrespective of their sins and behaviours.
  4. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 09:112 edits
    Yes, to a certain degree.
    My point is that they could have walked over to the ark and got onboard and been saved irrespective of their sins and behaviours.
    In terms of the practical application to the Christian life, if they had gotten on to the ark, I don't think they would have carried on with their bahavior on the ark. Repentance is a key part of salvation.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 09:42
    In terms of the practical application to the Christian life, if they had gotten on to the ark, I don't think they would have carried on with their bahavior on the ark. Repentance is a key part of salvation.
    That's as well as may be, but the fact remains that they could have walked on.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 09:47
    By the way, are you also ThinkofOne as well as Fetchmyjunk?
  7. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 10:272 edits
    That's as well as may be, but the fact remains that they could have walked on.
    Only while the door was open. Once it closed it was too late. Anyone left outside was condemned.
  8. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 10:28
    By the way, are you also ThinkofOne as well as Fetchmyjunk?
    No whatever gave you that idea?
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 10:471 edit
    They were not condemned or if they were then there was a reprieve because the ark was there. No one would have stopped some of them walking into the ark. Would they?
    No, not at all, but just as in Sodom, there was no one there who would have taken the reprieve. They were already condemned through their own choices. Just as those who take the Mark in the last days are also condemned through their own choices. All of these situations have one thing in common: they were all lost in their own sins, AND they were well able to take the second-chance reprieve through their own choice to just "man-up" and take the offer AND no one repented and praised God for the second chance and took it. Not one. Because they were already condemned through their own choices.

This only highlights that man is totally not able to save himself. That is why Jesus came to earth to sacrifice himself for our sins and why we need a savior. We cannot do it by ourselves. That's the lesson and example of scripture. The same story told many ways.

Still, there will be many who "miss the boat" yet again.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 10:57
    No whatever gave you that idea?
    Would you like me to explain, the way everyone is having to explain to ToO?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 10:58
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    No, not at all, but just as in Sodom, there was no one there who would have taken the reprieve. They were already condemned through their own choices. Just as those who take the Mark in the last days are also condemned through their own choices. All of these situations have one thing in common: they were all lost in their own sins, AND they were well ab ...[text shortened]... ure. The same story told many ways.

Still, there will be many who "miss the boat" yet again.
    But the ark was open for days on end, anyone, everyone could have simply walked onto it.
  12. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 19:57
    But the ark was open for days on end, anyone, everyone could have simply walked onto it.
    But I think it's no coincidence that only the righteous got on, because they believed God and acted upon it.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 21:20
    But I think it's no coincidence that only the righteous got on, because they believed God and acted upon it.
    Yes yes, I get that and agree. But stop and think for a second, God would not have stopped them.
  14. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 21:581 edit
    Sonship quoted one of his strange-belief gurus as saying "[b]only 8 were spared that judgement". I.E. the flood. I will show you how this type of statement is incorrect and leads to the development of strange beliefs.

Let's look at what the statement actually says.

The word "spared" in this context means that god spared, through ...[text shortened]... urvived.

God "spared" all of them. To state otherwise is to misunderstand the nature of God.[/b]
    You are using the word "spared" incorrectly.

If I was going to douse a field with a flamethrower, say, to rid it of weeds, and there were some children playing in it, and I warned them repeatedly to get out of the field, and they didn't listen, and I set them on fire anyway, one would rightly think me mad if I claimed I had "spared" them.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Jul '17 22:10
    Originally posted by @bigdoggproblem
    You are using the word "spared" incorrectly.

If I was going to douse a field with a flamethrower, say, to rid it of weeds, and there were some children playing in it, and I warned them repeatedly to get out of the field, and they didn't listen, and I set them on fire anyway, one would rightly think me mad if I claimed I had "spared" them.
    Yes I think I've been on a losing battle in this thread.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree