How often do you pray or visit church?

How often do you pray or visit church?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B

Chernivtsi

Moves
24 Sep 05
1 edit

we here in Eastern Europe in general are speaking about postmodern society that is pluralistic. it means that for western people doesn't exist one truth, there are a lot of truths and for everybody they are different. two irreconcilable sentences can be truth!😲

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
24 Sep 05

Originally posted by Byba
i'm not affraid to here from different people such replies. for me it's OK. i know the truth and i have, as you mentioned, good example of my martyrs-compatriots who died (it's better to said were annihilated [destroyed]) by my another compatriots which were the hands of soviet idea.

such negative replies for me are just a signal that my views are the truth that is disliked by many people.
I'm happy to see you look upon these things in a firm, courageous and determinate way. That's the way to go !

B

Chernivtsi

Moves
24 Sep 05

Originally posted by ivanhoe
I'm happy to see you look upon these things in a firm, courageous and determinate way. That's the way to go !
thank you! sometimes ist's easier to find common language with foreigner than with relative!😀

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
24 Sep 05

we here in Eastern Europe in general are speaking about postmodern society that is pluralistic. it means that for western people doesn't exist one truth, there are a lot of truths and for everybody they are different. two irreconcilable sentences can be truth!😲
Stating there is no universal truth is what we call (moral) relativism. The other way to look at things is moral universalism.

We also look at our societies as being pluralistic.
"Everybody has his own truth" is a relativist slogan you can hear many times in discussions. No need to say I as a Universalist do not agree with this.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
24 Sep 05

thank you! sometimes ist's easier to find common language with foreigner than with relative!😀
You're welcome, thank you 😀