1. Chernivtsi
    Moves
    22 Sep '05 13:41
    i'm an eastern christian - orthodox catholic and i'm interested in a question whether people from other parts of world go to church! i want to compare it with situation in my country - Ukraine! Mostly i'm interested in youth replies and discussions!

As for me, i'm visiting church more often when i have confessed because i try to make don't sinns once more!
    But i like our liturgy very much!

I start praying when i don't even expect it!
  2. London
    Moves
    22 Sep '05 14:09
    Originally posted by Byba
    i'm an eastern christian - orthodox catholic and i'm interested in a question whether people from other parts of world go to church! i want to compare it with situation in my country - Ukraine! Mostly i'm interested in youth replies and discussions!

As for me, i'm visiting church more often when i have confessed because i try to make don't sinns once more!
    But i like our liturgy very much!

I start praying when i don't even expect it!
    Syrian-rite Catholic here (though I haven't been to a Syrian rite Mass in ages!)

I probably say short, one-line prayers multiple times a day; but I try to set some time aside for prayer at least once a day. I also try (and usually succeed!) in going to Mass once a week.

Cheers,

LH
  3. Chernivtsi
    Moves
    22 Sep '05 14:231 edit
    i think you are melkhite greek-catholic! your church is second big (i mean quantity of people in: we have 5 millions people and you have 1 million) after our Ukrainian Greek-Catholic Church! actually i also go to church once a week - on sunday!

more often i visit church during the Great Lent!
  4. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    22 Sep '05 14:25
    I never pray and I go to church once a year with my Mother during the Christmas holidays.
  5. Standard memberRedmike
    Godless Commie
    Glasgow
    Moves
    22 Sep '05 14:28
    I go to church one a week, but only because my chess club meets in a church hall. (Does this count?).
    We have conversations about sacrificing bishops, which seems to disconcert them somewhat.

I never pray - I stopped having an imaginary friend when I was 3.
  6. Chernivtsi
    Moves
    22 Sep '05 14:291 edit
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    Syrian-rite Catholic here (though I haven't been to a Syrian rite Mass in ages!)

I probably say short, one-line prayers multiple times a day; but I try to set some time aside for prayer at least once a day. I also try (and usually succeed!) in going to Mass once a week.

Cheers,

LH
    you are good christian but you are eastern one (as i am)! so, i mean it isn't for me so strange that you practic a lot because you are syrian! actually, i'm really happy and respect you because you managed to find some minutes to devote God! i allways have no time!
  7. Chernivtsi
    Moves
    22 Sep '05 14:34
    Originally posted by Redmike
    I go to church one a week, but only because my chess club meets in a church hall. (Does this count?).
    We have conversations about sacrificing bishops, which seems to disconcert them somewhat.

I never pray - I stopped having an imaginary friend when I was 3.
    you don't pray because you think that prayer is something boring or you actually don't need it! what i'll get after saying OUR FATHER or Rejoice Virgin MARY twice a day? i'll just lost my free time and i won't pray: i'll just move my lips but i'll think about nice BMW X5 or nice girl - Liz Solari! Sometimes my ordinary prayer in public looks like this!
  8. London
    Moves
    22 Sep '05 14:37
    you are good christian but you are eastern one (as i am)! so, i mean it isn't for me so strange that you practic a lot because you are syrian! actually, i'm really happy and respect you because you managed to find some minutes to devote God! i allways have no time!
    Actually, I should've clarified - Syro-Malabar Rite.

Pax,

LH
  9. Chernivtsi
    Moves
    22 Sep '05 14:38
    Originally posted by darvlay
    I never pray and I go to church once a year with my Mother during the Christmas holidays.
    the same as majority of people in Ukraine do! but we here visit church once a year not in Christmas BUT IN EASTER AND WE ALSO HAVE A TRADITION TO CONFESS BEFORE EASTER, during Great Lent!
  10. Standard memberRedmike
    Godless Commie
    Glasgow
    Moves
    22 Sep '05 14:42
    you don't pray because you think that prayer is something boring or you actually don't need it! what i'll get after saying OUR FATHER or Rejoice Virgin MARY twice a day? i'll just lost my free time and i won't pray: i'll just move my lips but i'll think about nice BMW X5 or nice girl - Liz Solari! Sometimes my ordinary prayer in public looks like this!
    I don't pray because there is nobody to pray to.
  11. Chernivtsi
    Moves
    22 Sep '05 14:43
    what languages do you speek or read? i actually know greek and latin, also german, russian, english and ukrainian!

Pax - it's in latin PEASE! Yeh?
  12. Chernivtsi
    Moves
    22 Sep '05 14:46
    yes, there is nobody to pray, but there is someone who need to pray....
  13. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    22 Sep '05 14:47
    Originally posted by Redmike
    I don't pray because there is nobody to pray to.
    Be careful with the goading, Mike. Apparently it's becoming a hot-button issue.
  14. London
    Moves
    22 Sep '05 14:57
    what languages do you speek or read? i actually know greek and latin, also german, russian, english and ukrainian!

Pax - it's in latin PEASE! Yeh?
    English. Hindi. Malayalam.

Yes, Pax is Latin for Peace.
  15. Standard memberRedmike
    Godless Commie
    Glasgow
    Moves
    22 Sep '05 15:00
    Originally posted by David C
    Be careful with the goading, Mike. Apparently it's becoming a hot-button issue.
    Seriously?

So a god-botherer posts in a forum asking how often we all go to church and how often we pray, and I can't answer that and explain exactly why, without said god-botherers claiming I'm causing offence?

There is a an old saying "Don't ask questions you don't want to know the answers to".

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree