1. Joined
    04 Jul '06
    Moves
    23 Jul '08 15:39
    How to prevent getting a crush on someone ? Is it possible to prevent it or it just happens and you have to accept it ?
  2. At the Revolution
    Moves
    23 Jul '08 15:53
    Originally posted by vipiu
    How to prevent getting a crush on someone ? Is it possible to prevent it or it just happens and you have to accept it ?
    It is impossible to prevent. Just normal hormonal action. Don't fight it: it won't work.
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    23 Jul '08 15:57
    Punch yourself in the balls (or box) until you stop thinking about that person. Then punch yourself another good two times for good measure.
  4. At the Revolution
    Moves
    23 Jul '08 15:58
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Punch yourself in the balls (or box) until you stop thinking about that person. Then punch yourself another good two times for good measure.
    That works too. But I'm not a masochist, so I don't enjoy punching myself.
  5. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    23 Jul '08 18:47
    Originally posted by scherzo
    That works too. But I'm not a masochist, so I don't enjoy punching myself.
    Pay the person you have a crush on to do it! You get rid of the crush and you get around your inability to punch yourself!
  6. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    23 Jul '08 18:52
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Or, tie a knot in it… -oh, sorry, that won’t work -that would just put you in hospital and then you would have to go through the excruciatingly embarrassing ordeal of having it carefully and slowly manually untangled by a team of super-dextrous doctors -unless, of course, that turns you on.
  7. Joined
    04 Jul '06
    Moves
    23 Jul '08 21:25
    It is impossible to prevent. Just normal hormonal action. Don't fight it: it won't work.
    you can't do this when you are married 🙁
  8. Joined
    04 Jul '06
    Moves
    23 Jul '08 21:26
    fast good advices are welcome....
  9. At the Revolution
    Moves
    23 Jul '08 23:40
    Ouch. If you are married, you're gonna have to just live with it and hope it goes away (it always does). Just treat it like a disease: plenty of chicken soup and cough drops. And Kleenex.
  10. At the Revolution
    Moves
    23 Jul '08 23:40
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    Pay the person you have a crush on to do it! You get rid of the crush and you get around your inability to punch yourself!
    And lose the money. 😳
  11. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    23 Jul '08 23:54
    And lose the money. 😳
    Consider it an investment!
  12. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    24 Jul '08 00:29
    Make a list of all the properties you like about the crush, and then show this list to your partner. Ask your partner to cultivate these properties. Either your partner will agree, in which case you will have a partner more to your liking, or she will leave you, in which case you will be free to pursue your crush. In either case, let us all know how it goes.
  13. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    24 Jul '08 01:48
    Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
    Or, tie a knot in it… -oh, sorry, that won’t work -that would just put you in hospital and then you would have to go through the excruciatingly embarrassing ordeal of having it carefully and slowly manually untangled by a team of super-dextrous doctors -unless, of course, that turns you on.
    You and your European, cultured ways.

Just use your fist, or the butt of a firearm. That's the American way to do it.
  14. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    24 Jul '08 01:56
    Give your wife and marriage extra attention instead.
  15. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    24 Jul '08 02:15
    Originally posted by bbarr
    Make a list of all the properties you like about the crush, and then show this list to your partner. Ask your partner to cultivate these properties. Either your partner will agree, in which case you will have a partner more to your liking, or she will leave you, in which case you will be free to pursue your crush. In either case, let us all know how it goes.
    When I read this I hear Commander Data from Star Trek.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree