1. Joined
    04 Jul '06
    Moves
    24 Jul '08 07:20
    Originally posted by bbarr
    Make a list of all the properties you like about the crush, and then show this list to your partner. Ask your partner to cultivate these properties. Either your partner will agree, in which case you will have a partner more to your liking, or she will leave you, in which case you will be free to pursue your crush. In either case, let us all know how it goes.
    lol, there is no such thing like : "list of all the properties"
  2. Joined
    04 Jul '06
    Moves
    24 Jul '08 07:21
    Originally posted by pawnhandler
    Give your wife and marriage extra attention instead.
    good advice, I will try this
  3. Joined
    04 Jul '06
    Moves
    24 Jul '08 07:22
    Originally posted by scherzo
    Ouch. If you are married, you're gonna have to just live with it and hope it goes away (it always does). Just treat it like a disease: plenty of chicken soup and cough drops. And Kleenex.
    I should focus on chess 🙂
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    24 Jul '08 08:11
    Originally posted by vipiu
    How to prevent getting a crush on someone ? Is it possible to prevent it or it just happens and you have to accept it ?
    a crush is just sexual attraction that people mistake for love. it is not something you prevent it is just what your body says it would like. you can't stop liking mcdonalds junk but you can stop going there
  5. Joined
    04 Jul '06
    Moves
    24 Jul '08 16:45
    Originally posted by pawnhandler
    Give your wife and marriage extra attention instead.
    I am focusing hard on this but it is so difficult...I get no favourable response from my wife....
    I want to take my toys and run away somewhere in the world to get another life....
  6. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    24 Jul '08 17:03
    I am focusing hard on this but it is so difficult...I get no favourable response from my wife....
    I want to take my toys and run away somewhere in the world to get another life....
    What environment do you encounter this person in?
  7. Joined
    04 Jul '06
    Moves
    24 Jul '08 17:17
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    What environment do you encounter this person in?
    work!!! the worst place...
  8. Gangster Land
    Moves
    24 Jul '08 17:22
    Not to put to fine a point on it, but you could simply cowboy-up and control yourself.

People are so often willing to simply let life happen to them, but in reality we all have choices. You, for instance, can choose to cheat on your wife with this person OR rise above and do what you know is right.

You go down a very, very dangerous path when you start thinking there is "nothing you can do about" your crush, because soon you will be trying to convince yourself that there is nothing you could do about kissing her...so on and so forth.

You ARE in control, and you DO have a choice...make the right one and get back to work.
  9. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    24 Jul '08 17:23
    Visualize what it would be like if you gave in, hooked up, lost your wife, got dumped by your crush, and then had to spend your time at work watching her with the next guy - 'cause if she'll get with you, she'll get with other guys at work too.
  10. Joined
    04 Jul '06
    Moves
    24 Jul '08 18:101 edit
    "'cause if she'll get with you, she'll get with other guys at work too"
    this is very true, by the way, already happened(between she and other guys 🙂...I hope never with me), you are sooooo right...

what it is very bad is that my wife hates me right now because some poor reasons and even I tried to make her happier she is still upset on me...right now when I need her mostly...

2 big reasons for me to run away....at least for a while(weeks/monthes/maybe even years, God knows)...
    what do you think? would this be a valid option ?
  11. Gangster Land
    Moves
    24 Jul '08 18:17
    this is very true, by the way, already happened(between she and other guys 🙂...I hope never with me), you are sooooo right...

what it is very bad is that my wife hates me right now because some poor reasons and even I tried to make her happier she is still upset on me...right now whe ...[text shortened]... /monthes/maybe even years, God knows)...
    what do you think? would this be a valid option ?
    Run away? Good god man, what is wrong with you?

Are you 18, or something? How long have you been married?
  12. Joined
    04 Jul '06
    Moves
    24 Jul '08 18:27
    Originally posted by TheSkipper
    Run away? Good god man, what is wrong with you?

Are you 18, or something? How long have you been married?
    28(2) What's wrong with this idea? I like it a lot...I always wanted something like this....
  13. Gangster Land
    Moves
    24 Jul '08 18:30
    28(2) What's wrong with this idea? I like it a lot...I always wanted something like this....
    Are you taking a piss?

Why did you bother to get married if all you ever wanted was to run away?

I'm starting to think you aren't being serious.
  14. Joined
    04 Jul '06
    Moves
    24 Jul '08 21:20
    I am upset and serious, I am also hoping I am not serious...
    Why did I bother ? It was completely different 2 years back 🙁
    less hate, more love....so good...
  15. Joined
    04 Jul '06
    Moves
    24 Jul '08 21:35
    this is very true, by the way, already happened(between she and other guys 🙂...I hope never with me),
    I advanced a little without doing any wrong step(for my conscience) and I noticed she is very easy to get....and I like that somehow my crush is getting reduced...you know: easy to get...not challenging...not so cool...etc
    I love my wife, but for the moment we are not feeling good when we are together...I have to fix this...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree