1. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Apr '09 17:591 edit
    the only recorded celebration, which despite the plethora of events stolen from pagan pre christian culture which now litter the 'Christian calender', that Christ commanded his followers to observe is the Last supper, also known as the Lords evening meal, the Memorial of Christ death etc will approach, by the Jewish calender on Nisan 14 after sundown, which roughly corresponds to April 9th 2009, after sundown, depending on your locality. the scriptural precedent is found at Luke 22:14-20

At length when the hour came, he reclined at the table, and the apostles with him. And he said to them: “I have greatly desired to eat this passover with you before I suffer;  for I tell you, I will not eat it again until it becomes fulfilled in the kingdom of God.”  And, accepting a cup, he gave thanks and said: “Take this and pass it from one to the other among yourselves;  for I tell you, From now on I will not drink again from the product of the vine until the kingdom of God arrives.”

Also, he took a loaf, gave thanks, broke it, and gave it to them, saying: “This means my body which is to be given in YOUR behalf. Keep doing this in remembrance of me.”  Also, the cup in the same way after they had the evening meal, he saying: “This cup means the new covenant by virtue of my blood, which is to be poured out in your behalf.

this celebration is the most important and significant even in the Christian calendar. Instituted by Christ himself, it is a time for special reflection and deep appreciation for the sacrifice that Christ gave, not only the bravery and resolve which he showed leading up to it, nor the self sacrifice, humility and obedience he displayed, but the ultimate act of love so that you and I may have a relationship with God, a cleansed conscience and the hope that we may see life!

How will you remember the Christ?
  2. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    02 Apr '09 18:12
    Who?
  3. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    02 Apr '09 18:271 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Also, he pinched a loaf, gave thanks, broke it, and gave it to them
    That's disgusting! 😠
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Apr '09 18:31
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Who?
    Lol, why i bother, i dunno?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Apr '09 18:331 edit
    Originally posted by darvlay
    That's disgusting! 😠
    thats not disgusting, thats eastern hospitality!

how many glasses of wine do you think the Christ would have taken of, during the passover and then the institution of the Last supper?
  6. At the Revolution
    Moves
    02 Apr '09 18:35
    Originally posted by darvlay
    That's disgusting! 😠
    Get over it. People in the Arab world do it all the time, and not always with materials as dry as bread. And Christ was an Arab Jew.
  7. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    02 Apr '09 18:36
    Lol, why i bother, i dunno?
    Just messing with you, robbie. 🙂
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Apr '09 18:38
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Just messing with you, robbie. 🙂
    I know dude, im actually giggling away, no worries, go in peace my son!
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 Apr '09 18:461 edit
    the only recorded celebration, which despite the plethora of events stolen from pagan pre christian culture which now litter the 'Christian calender', that Christ commanded his followers to observe is the Last supper, also known as the Lords evening meal, the Memorial of Christ death etc will approach, by the Jewish calender on Nisan 14 after sundown ...[text shortened]... a cleansed conscience and the hope that we may see life!

A more interesting question is :
    "How will Christ remember YOU ? ..🙂

And the answer is to make sure that every time you see him in need, you lend a helping hand.

Matt 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
    32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
    33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
    34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
    35 For I was an hungered, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
    36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
    37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungered, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
    38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
    39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
    40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
    41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
    42 For I was an hungered, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
    43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
    44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungered, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
    45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
    46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Apr '09 18:48
    Originally posted by Rajk999

A more interesting question is :
    [b]"How will Christ remember YOU ?
    ..🙂

And the answer is to make sure that every time you see him in need, you lend a helping hand.

Matt 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glo ...[text shortened]... And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal. [/b]
    its true Raj dude, but this is something a little special, for Christ instituted this celebration!
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    02 Apr '09 19:29
    the only recorded celebration, which despite the plethora of events stolen from pagan pre christian culture which now litter the 'Christian calender', that Christ commanded his followers to observe is the Last supper, also known as the Lords evening meal, the Memorial of Christ death etc will approach, by the Jewish calender on Nisan 14 after sundown ...[text shortened]... after sundown, depending on your locality. the scriptural precedent is found at Luke 22:14-20
    So you are essentially telling us that Christians should celebrate Passover? Obviously with a few modifications as instructed by Christ? I think many Christians already do. I know Anglicans do.
    But are you suggesting it should be the only celebration or just the most important one?
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Apr '09 19:362 edits
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    So you are essentially telling us that Christians should celebrate Passover? Obviously with a few modifications as instructed by Christ? I think many Christians already do. I know Anglicans do.
    But are you suggesting it should be the only celebration or just the most important one?
    celebrate the passover? why?
    with a few modifications? what modifications? why are they significant?
    what does it mean?
    when should it be celebrated?
    how often should it be celebrated?
    what are the important elements in its celebration?
    what is the significance of the bread?
    what is the significance of the wine?
    what is the covenant that Christ institutes with the disciples?
    why is it important?
    what will it accomplish?
    what should it mean for Christians?
    why should an atheist be interested in it?
    why did Christ specifically tell the disciples that they should continue to do this is remembrance?
  13. Standard memberScriabin
    Done Asking
    Washington, D.C.
    Moves
    02 Apr '09 20:30
    the only recorded celebration, which despite the plethora of events stolen from pagan pre christian culture which now litter the 'Christian calender', that Christ commanded his followers to observe is the Last supper, also known as the Lords evening meal, the Memorial of Christ death etc will approach, by the Jewish calender on Nisan 14 after sundown ...[text shortened]... a cleansed conscience and the hope that we may see life!

how? I do not recall ...
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Apr '09 20:58
    Originally posted by Scriabin
    how? I do not recall ...
    mmmmm, is this one of those cryptic type of messages that Bosse usually post that i usually feel too stupid to reply to?
  15. Standard memberScriabin
    Done Asking
    Washington, D.C.
    Moves
    02 Apr '09 21:18
    mmmmm, is this one of those cryptic type of messages that Bosse usually post that i usually feel too stupid to reply to?
    yes

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree