1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Jun '07 17:47
    javascript:cnnVideo('play','/video/us/2007/06/28/zahn.living.life.as.girl.cnn','2009/06/27'πŸ˜‰;

A child at the age of 4, a boy, has no interest from day one in boy toys, only likes pink stuff, dolls, dresses, etc. Eventually tried cutting off penis with scissors. Mind you this is a little boy not 5 years old but firmly conviced he is a girl trapped in a boys body. Homosexuality is very clearly condemned in the bible and Q'uran so how can they deal with this issue? Kill the kid? Force him to grow up male? Then he would be gay. So now what? If he later gets a transgender operation, they can make him physically female but not biologically unless they can come up with a uterine transplant which I think is in the works but what about the ethical issues, how do religious people deal with it? Do they allow the transgender operation to keep him from being gay? What is the take here?
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Jun '07 18:001 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    javascript:cnnVideo('play','/video/us/2007/06/28/zahn.living.life.as.girl.cnn','2009/06/27'πŸ˜‰;

A child at the age of 4, a boy, has no interest from day one in boy toys, only likes pink stuff, dolls, dresses, etc. Eventually tried cutting off penis with scissors. Mind you this is a little boy not 5 years old but firmly conviced he is a girl trapped in a bo o they allow the transgender operation to keep him from being gay? What is the take here?
    Let me say that just because this may have happened to you as a child in no way makes you a bad person. πŸ˜›

Just kidding. No, in all honesty, the saying that anything that can go wrong will applies here. Just because we may be born without eyes or arms or distinguishable sex organs in no way implies that this is how God intended things to go. Also, it does not imply that he loves us any less or that he loves us any more or less than any one else. I think the simply truth of the matter is that when it comes to sexual issues and/or mental health issues the problems take on a different tone and perspective. I say that the problems we face, either being self inflicted or otherwise, is not the issue, rather, the issue is how we handle the problems we face.
  3. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    28 Jun '07 18:10

A child at the age of 4, a boy, has no interest from day one in boy toys, only likes pink stuff, dolls, dresses, etc. Eventually tried cutting off penis with scissors. Mind you this is a little boy not 5 years old but firmly conviced he is a girl trapped in a bo ...[text shortened]... o they allow the transgender operation to keep him from being gay? What is the take here?
    I think it is very naive conclusions that you made (or who over take care of this child) that because he is interested in pink , dollies and other girls stuff , that he will grow up a gay. Actually this will be a form or brainwashing of the child mind to force him to be a gay. What in the hell are you trying to say? Children change their interest in stuff around them very rapidly. And they have no idea about sex, and homosexuality. They normaly affected with the environment around them. I have seen several times when I boy grow with in an all sister family he is affected with his sisters and play as they do. But when he grow up and get involved with other boys everything changed.

I see your post doesn't make any sense.

Even though in Islam if it is proven medicaly from a trusted Docor that some man has a genetic problem that requires transformation operation then it is allowed other wise no.

Also kids are not killed or punished in Islam. The condition to be under the law is to be grown (Adult to be more accurate).
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Jun '07 18:34
    Originally posted by ahosyney
    I think it is very naive conclusions that you made (or who over take care of this child) that because he is interested in pink , dollies and other girls stuff , that he will grow up a gay. Actually this will be a form or brainwashing of the child mind to force him to be a gay. What in the hell are you trying to say? Children change their interest in stuff a ...[text shortened]... unished in Islam. The condition to be under the law is to be grown (Adult to be more accurate).
    It is because the child has no concept of sex other than being convinced he is a girl has to mean he is tellinig the truth. That child is now 7 and has been as he is for over 3 years with no sign of change. You seem to think it is a phase that will go away but it sure seems not to be the case here. What would an Islam parent do in such a case?
    Suppose the condition doesn't change when in puberty? Do they allow that child to continue being a girl? Would they have allowed the child to cross-dress as a 4 yo in the first place? It seems inevitable if that were the case they would in fact be bringing up a child destined to be gay. So what would they do about it when the child is 4? And if they allowed the child to cross dress at that age, what about when he hits puberty? Would they allow a sex change operation or force him to remain a boy? Does Shiria law have anything to say about this situation?
  5. Joined
    14 Feb '05
    Moves
    28 Jun '07 18:36

A child at the age of 4, a boy, has no interest from day one in boy toys, only likes pink stuff, dolls, dresses, etc. Eventually tried cutting off penis with scissors. Mind you this is a little boy not 5 years old but firmly conviced he is a girl trapped in a bo ...[text shortened]... o they allow the transgender operation to keep him from being gay? What is the take here?
    My first concern is that he tried cutting off his penis with scissors. My focus is to make sure my son doesn’t hurt himself and to keep him safe. Counseling also comes to mind to help the child understand that cutting anything off is not the answer. My first thought would be safety for our son.

As far as whether my son could be homosexual or not and how we would handle it – he would always be welcomed and loved in our home.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Jun '07 18:511 edit
    Originally posted by ahosyney
    I think it is very naive conclusions that you made (or who over take care of this child) that because he is interested in pink , dollies and other girls stuff , that he will grow up a gay. Actually this will be a form or brainwashing of the child mind to force him to be a gay. What in the hell are you trying to say? Children change their interest in stuff a unished in Islam. The condition to be under the law is to be grown (Adult to be more accurate).
    Perhaps there is truth in what you say ahosyney. Who really knows for sure other than the ones directly involved. However, you must admitt that some people are born with mental problems and physical problems etc. Why then not sexual problems? I say it is becuase the subject matter it taboo. In fact, I think we view those who have mental problem and/or sexual problems as defective or less than human at times than those who merely have a physical problem of some kind. It makes them no better or worse, however, than anyone else. It is simply a shame that they are treated as such.
  7. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    28 Jun '07 18:56
    nothing is wrong with being gay, although i have a problem with the becoming a girl part; he could fool some unlucky man when he grows up into thinking he is a woman. how would you like to find out you slept with a man?
  8. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    28 Jun '07 19:04

Ask JoW, the answer is probably in the bible somewhere
  9. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    28 Jun '07 21:19

Lots of people are born feeling that they're in a body of the wrong gender. That is totally different from being gay. If the boy feels this way at 4 and 5 then it isn't going to go away and eventually he will probably have the surgery for the sake of his sanity if nothing else. There are Catholic Masses in which transgendered people are welcome, whether they're dressed according to the gender of their genitals or according to the gender of their psyche. All God's children got a place in the choir.
  10. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    ZellulΓ€rer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    28 Jun '07 21:22
    What is the take here?
    Ask God, maybe.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Jun '07 21:531 edit
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Ask God, maybe.
    Nah, why would you bother seeking answers from God? Seems like a waste of time to me. I much prefer asking Joe Shmoe πŸ˜›
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    29 Jun '07 01:33

I think there's more to this story than what you have said here.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Jun '07 01:343 edits
    Originally posted by pawnhandler
    Lots of people are born feeling that they're in a body of the wrong gender. That is totally different from being gay. If the boy feels this way at 4 and 5 then it isn't going to go away and eventually he will probably have the surgery for the sake of his sanity if nothing else. There are Catholic Masses in which transgendered people are welcome, wheth ls or according to the gender of their psyche. All God's children got a place in the choir.
    Some sing low, some sing higher, some sing out on the telephone wire, some just clap their hands, paws or anything they got now....
    Suprised you know that song, we have sung that song at gigs for 15 years. Bill Staines and Margot Zemach, great songwriters. I love his Roseville fair.
    Er, maybe not, you said "all gods children got a place in the choir" oops, sorry, the song I know is All god's critters got a place in the choir.
  14. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    29 Jun '07 01:42
    Some sing low, some sing higher, some sing out on the telephone wire, some just clap their hands, paws or anything they got now....
    Suprised you know that song, we have sung that song at gigs for 15 years. Bill Staines and Margot Zemach, great songwriters. I love his Roseville fair.
    Er, maybe not, you said "all gods children got a place in the choir" oops, sorry, the song I know is All god's critters got a place in the choir.
    I couldn't remember exactly, but yes, that's it!! πŸ˜€
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Jun '07 01:43
    Originally posted by pawnhandler
    I couldn't remember exactly, but yes, that's it!! πŸ˜€
    Do you listen to other folk music?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree