1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 May '14 11:03
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I did not say anything about oxygenated water. The worldwide flood should kill many animals; and these dead animals will be buried in mud layers as the flood waters subside. I believe that is why we have so many animals fossilized all over the world, including marine fossils on high mountains.

Under What Conditons Do Fossils Form?

http://www.k5geosource.org/1content/1sc/fossils/pg6.html

Read it again.
    If the water was oxygenated the mud would be too. What part of 'fossils don't form in oxygenated environments' do you not understand?
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 May '14 20:05
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    If the water was oxygenated the mud would be too. What part of 'fossils don't form in oxygenated environments' do you not understand?
    The following are quotes from your own referenced article stating that fossils do form in mud. What don't you understand about this?

In these situations, the only possibility of fossilization is if a fish or other swimming animal dies in oxygen-rich waters above, sinks down into the stagnant muddy bottom, and is buried by sediments.

Fossils are fairly common in sediments deposited on river floodplains.

Water seeps through mud much more slowly than through sand, so the body does not decompose as fast. Mud often contains a lot of other organic matter as well, and that uses up oxygen faster. Some animal bodies then escape decomposition. Under just the right conditions, a delicate impression of the animal might be preserved.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree