Human Genome Science and God

Human Genome Science and God

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
04 May 13

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
I see, so you bolted it on to your faith, interesting, one wonders what else bolt ons you may have added.
Perhaps you can demonstrate to us the idea of the electromagnetic spectrum from scripture. Or binary math. Or DNA.

Show me where any of these are detailed in scripture.

And yet they undeniably exist.

I have to say to you what I say to RJHinds on occasion: Stop it. You're giving the rest of us a bad name.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
05 May 13

Originally posted by Proper Knob
I find hilarious this idea of yours that Dr Collins has somehow been 'indoctrinated'. Can you elaborate on how you believe this occurred?
It occurred by having been taught thourgh the schools he attended in the same way you have been indoctrinated and don't realize it. 😏

The Instructor

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
05 May 13

Originally posted by Suzianne
Perhaps you can demonstrate to us the idea of the electromagnetic spectrum from scripture. Or binary math. Or DNA.

Show me where any of these are detailed in scripture.

And yet they undeniably exist.

I have to say to you what I say to RJHinds on occasion: Stop it. You're giving the rest of us a bad name.
You should stop it and open your mind and the Holy Bible and look and listen to the truth revealed by the Holy Spirit. Perhaps you are the one giving Christianity a bad name, because you do not believe in the literal word of God on the creation of the universe. You try to compromise the truth of scripture with the word of evil-lutionists.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
05 May 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
It occurred by having been taught thourgh the schools he attended in the same way you have been indoctrinated and don't realize it. 😏

The Instructor
No one taught me about evolution in schools, not as far as remember anyhow, I decided to learn about the subject myself and read a few books on the topic. So unless you can explain how someone can indoctrinate themselves i'm afraid you've failed on this one.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
05 May 13

No one taught me about evolution in schools, not as far as remember anyhow, I decided to learn about the subject myself and read a few books on the topic. So unless you can explain how someone can indoctrinate themselves i'm afraid you've failed on this one.
You became indoctrinated by the opinions of those that wrote the books. That is not much different from being taught in school because the teachers probably used the same books to do the indoctrination. 😏

The Instructor

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
05 May 13

You became indoctrinated by the opinions of those that wrote the books. That is not much different from being taught in school because the teachers probably used the same books to do the indoctrination. 😏

The Instructor
Do you know what 'indoctrinate' means?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
05 May 13

Do you know what 'indoctrinate' means?
I think it means to teach propaganda as truth over and over and over until it is believed. Examples are communist indoctrination of their people with communist propaganda or the propaganda the Vietcong tried to indoctrinate Americans with and probably themselves.

O

Moves
05 May 13

I think it means to teach propaganda as truth over and over and over until it is believed. Examples are communist indoctrination of their people with communist propaganda or the propaganda the Vietcong tried to indoctrinate Americans with and probably themselves.
You missed out religion!

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
05 May 13
1 edit

Originally posted by OdBod
You missed out religion!
Of course, false religion uses indoctrination almost with perfection by mixing truth with error. Good examples of those are the cults of Islam, Mormonism, and Jehovah's Witnesses.

The Instructor

K
Demon Duck

of Doom!

Moves
05 May 13

Of course, false religion uses indoctrination almost with perfection by mixing truth with error. Good examples of those are the cults of Islam, Mormonism, and Jehovah's Witnesses.

The Instructor
and the church of RJHinds.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
05 May 13

Originally posted by Kepler
and the church of RJHinds.
Wrong! RJHinds does not have a church. The church belongs to Christ.

The Instructor

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
06 May 13

I used to for scientific reasons specially during high school and even when I first became a Christian believed that God created the universe and earth via evolutionary process but I have in later years slowly changed my views for many reasons. I also believed it was possible that the 6 days of genesis could have been ages and not literal days but even on that I'm not so sure anymore. I think that the truth is there it is just a matter of figuring it out. I don't think God is deceptive so figuring it out is there.

Manny

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
06 May 13

From wiki -

Indoctrination is the process of inculcating ideas, attitudes, cognitive strategies or a professional methodology (see doctrine). It is often distinguished from education by the fact that the indoctrinated person is expected not to question or critically examine the doctrine they have learned.

How you think Dr Collins can become as eminent a scientist as he is without questioning or critically examining other scientists work is beyond the realms of fantasy.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
06 May 13
1 edit

From wiki -

Indoctrination is the process of inculcating ideas, attitudes, cognitive strategies or a professional methodology (see doctrine). It is often distinguished from education by the fact that the indoctrinated person is expected not to question or critically examine the doctrine they have learned.

How you think Dr Collins ca ...[text shortened]... thout questioning or critically examining other scientists work is beyond the realms of fantasy.
I didn't say he did not question some other scientists work. But it is logical to believe that other scientist know what they are talking about when you are learning. It is not prudent to to question accepted expert in their field today if one wishes to be taken seriously and eventual become an eminent scientist himself. Once that initial phase is over and one is doing their own research they are too busy to worry about other ares of scientific research.

But do to his own research and the resulting conclusion he reached from it, he could no long reject the evidence that proved the existence of an intelligent designer and creator of humans; and the only candidate for that intelligent programmer of the human DNA that made sense, obvious, is the Christian God of the Holy Bible. That was the reason he says he is a Christian now.

Below are links to two video on youtube that I suggest you look at to help you understand why Bill Gates said the following:

“DNA is like a computer program but far, far more advanced than any software ever created.”
The Road Ahead by Bill Gates, 1995

How did the DNA code originate?

More DNA Evidence for Special Creation

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
06 May 13
1 edit

I didn't say he did not question some other scientists work. But it is logical to believe that other scientist know what they are talking about when you are learning. It is not prudent to to question accepted expert in their field today if one wishes to be taken seriously and eventual become an eminent scientist himself. Once that initial phase is over an ...[text shortened]... RWb52ww

More DNA Evidence for Special Creation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2-gwcgX4t0
didn't say he did not question some other scientists work.

That's what indoctrinate means. Good God, this is worse than being kicked in the knackers. As for the rest of the drivel you posted, I have no idea what you're talking about, and I certainly won't be wasting by time watching those dung heap YouTube links.