1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 May '13 10:261 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I was not part of that forum, so was never asked the question; and I am a Christian, not a JW.
    So JW's are not Christian? Or is it that JW's are not Christian ENOUGH? What other Christian denominations are not Christian? Are Baptists Christian? Are Pentacostals? Methodists?
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 May '13 10:48
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So JW's are not Christian? Or is it that JW's are not Christian ENOUGH? What other Christian denominations are not Christian? Are Baptists Christian? Are Pentacostals? Methodists?
    Yes, JWs are not Christian enough because of their rejection of the basic doctrines of Christianity. Below is a link that should answer your questions by explaining it to you.

http://carm.org/what-makes-church-or-group-non-christian

The Instructor
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 May '13 14:392 edits
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Yes, JWs are not Christian enough because of their rejection of the basic doctrines of Christianity. Below is a link that should answer your questions by explaining it to you.

http://carm.org/what-makes-church-or-group-non-christian

The Instructor
    Again, I wasn't looking for what other people thought. I was asking what YOU thought. Trying to get you to use your own brain for a change. Also, what is it about JW's that you think rejects the fundies of Christianity? In your own words, not some stupid link. If you are going to be an instructor, BE AN INSTRUCTOR.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 May '13 14:561 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    You sound as though you are making yourself the authority above what the Word of God says concerning itself Suzianne.

Please think about this for a moment.

Psalm 12:6,7
    The words of the LORD [are] pure words: [as] silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
    Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.

Focus on the word 'preserve' in verse 7.
    Preserve what, exactly?

The meaning of the words of the Bible, or the meaning that some narrow-minded fundamentalist literalists give them?
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 May '13 14:59
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    A shameful post, first Ronald Jonah My BeHinds posting references to evolutionists and now this. Fact is, that Christ, Paul and Peter all made reference to the genesis account as being factual, hard i guess for you to take, but solid food belongs to mature people, you seem to need to be taught elementary scriptural truths from the beginning again.
    Elementary. You can say that again. At least I can differentiate elementary concepts from concepts with a little more meat on their bones.

Some of us here are adults. Some aren't, obviously.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 May '13 15:02
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Oh i think you are perfectly capable of promulgating irrational and scripturally unsubstantiated beliefs all by yourself. Can you cite a single scriptural reference which demonstrates that God used the process of evolution to diversify life?
    Scriptural reference? Are you kidding me?

Do they teach the Theory of Relativity or Quantum Mechanics in elementary school? Fundamentalists are like that. They think what they learn in Sunday School is the final word. Some of us have more faith in God, I reckon.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 May '13 15:08
    Again, I wasn't looking for what other people thought. I was asking what YOU thought. Trying to get you to use your own brain for a change. Also, what is it about JW's that you think rejects the fundies of Christianity? In your own words, not some stupid link. If you are going to be an instructor, BE AN INSTRUCTOR.
    No, they can't do that. Mainly because they are hamstrung by their supposed 'belief' in what the Bible says about God. They think God can only do the few magic tricks ascribed to Him in Genesis. And because they simply do not possess enough real faith in God to move beyond the elementary concepts. It's so much easier to believe in a Sunday School story than to think for themselves and allow God to show them the way things really are.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 May '13 15:18
    Let's look to 1 Corinthians 13.

"Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become [as] sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
    And though I have [the gift of] prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
    And though I bestow all my goods to feed [the poor], and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.
    Charity suffereth long, [and] is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
    Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
    Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
    Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
    Charity never faileth: but whether [there be] prophecies, they shall fail; whether [there be] tongues, they shall cease; whether [there be] knowledge, it shall vanish away.
    For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
    But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.
    When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things."

1 Corinthians 13:1-11, KJV
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    07 May '13 15:59
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Preserve what, exactly?

The meaning of the words of the Bible, or the meaning that some narrow-minded fundamentalist literalists give them?
    Read the verse again Suzianne. Please.

I understand where you're coming from, but the Word of God is it's own final authority. In it you will find the instructions on how to understand what God wants you, and me, to know.

It's a fascinating study. You will be greatly enriched.
  10. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 May '13 16:01
    Read the verse again Suzianne. Please.

I understand where you're coming from, but the Word of God is it's own final authority. In it you will find the instructions on how to understand what God wants you, and me, to know.

It's a fascinating study. You will be greatly enriched.
    if it has the instruction on how to understand it, why do you all disagree with each other so much on what each passage means?
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    07 May '13 19:13
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    if it has the instruction on how to understand it, why do you all disagree with each other so much on what each passage means?
    Good question stells.

In a word, because it's spiritual. Now if you're really interested in knowing more, pm me. I won't go into it in a public forum.
  12. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    07 May '13 19:20
    Good question stells.

In a word, because it's spiritual. Now if you're really interested in knowing more, pm me. I won't go into it in a public forum.
    Science requires ideas to be reviewed in public ,it seems religion must be hidden behind closed doors.
  13. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 May '13 19:22
    Good question stells.

why does it need to be private?
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 May '13 22:20
    There is going to be some casual chess at the curch tonight and I haven't played since last year when my wife had her right shouler replaced. So I hink she will be okay alone for a few hours so I am going and have to get ready and be there before 7. So aske this questuion again later if you still want an answer and I will try to do my own thinking on it and responed. I am a slow thinker however and without using links from Youtube, etc. you may be waiting awhile.

The Instructor is out for casual chess, be back soon.
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    07 May '13 22:27
    Originally posted by OdBod
    Science requires ideas to be reviewed in public ,it seems religion must be hidden behind closed doors.
    No. This isn't about science. But I could be persuaded. 🙂

I would be more than happy to show you how to understand the Word of God, if that's what you really want.

But be prepared to devote the rest of your life to it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree