1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 May '13 23:58
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You should stop it and open your mind and the Holy Bible and look and listen to the truth revealed by the Holy Spirit. Perhaps you are the one giving Christianity a bad name, because you do not believe in the literal word of God on the creation of the universe. You try to compromise the truth of scripture with the word of evil-lutionists.
    We weren't made to have dominion over all the beasts of the earth because we cannot use our brains. We were made to figure some things out for ourselves. Most of Genesis is written for people without much understanding of the way the universe works. I'd say it was all a parable, but that's not the right word for it, either.

I think you should start giving God a little more credit. He's not limited to being just another Houdini, you know.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 May '13 00:00
    Of course, false religion uses indoctrination almost with perfection by mixing truth with error. Good examples of those are the cults of Islam, Mormonism, and Jehovah's Witnesses.

The Instructor
    And Creationists.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 May '13 00:09
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    We weren't made to have dominion over all the beasts of the earth because we cannot use our brains. We were made to figure some things out for ourselves. Most of Genesis is written for people without much understanding of the way the universe works. I'd say it was all a parable, but that's not the right word for it, either.

I think you should start giving God a little more credit. He's not limited to being just another Houdini, you know.
    I am giving God all the credit. It is you that doubt that God did what is written about Him in Genesis.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Glory be to God! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 May '13 00:14
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    [b]didn't say he did not question some other scientists work.

That's what indoctrinate means. Good God, this is worse than being kicked in the knackers. As for the rest of the drivel you posted, I have no idea what you're talking about, and I certainly won't be wasting by time watching those dung heap YouTube links.[/b]
    In that case you will remain ignorant for a while longer.

The Instructor
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    07 May '13 00:211 edit

You sound as though you are making yourself the authority above what the Word of God says concerning itself Suzianne.

Please think about this for a moment.

Psalm 12:6,7
    The words of the LORD [are] pure words: [as] silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
    Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.

Focus on the word 'preserve' in verse 7.
  6. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    07 May '13 08:24
    In that case you will remain ignorant for a while longer.

The Instructor
    I've read plenty of science books and books on DNA thanks. I am anything but ignorant on the topic.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 May '13 08:29
    I've read plenty of science books and books on DNA thanks. I am anything but ignorant on the topic.
    It is your choice.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 May '13 08:301 edit

A shameful post, first Ronald Jonah My BeHinds posting references to evolutionists and now this. Fact is, that Christ, Paul and Peter all made reference to the genesis account as being factual, hard i guess for you to take, but solid food belongs to mature people, you seem to need to be taught elementary scriptural truths from the beginning again.
  9. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    07 May '13 08:33
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    A shameful post, first of Ronald Jonah My BeHind posting references to evolutionists and now this. Fact is, that Christ, Paul and Peter all made reference to the genesis account as being factual, hard i guess for you to take, but solid food belongs to mature people, you seem to need to be taught elementary scriptural truths from the beginning again.
    Post the Christ, Paul and Peter references if you would be so kind.
  10. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    07 May '13 08:341 edit
    It is your choice.
    You are correct, it is my choice to use my brain. I recommend you try using yours sometime. 😏
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 May '13 08:35
    Perhaps you can demonstrate to us the idea of the electromagnetic spectrum from scripture. Or binary math. Or DNA.

Show me where any of these are detailed in scripture.

And yet they undeniably exist.

I have to say to you what I say to RJHinds on occasion: Stop it. You're giving the rest of us a bad name.
    Oh i think you are perfectly capable of promulgating irrational and scripturally unsubstantiated beliefs all by yourself. Can you cite a single scriptural reference which demonstrates that God used the process of evolution to diversify life?
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 May '13 08:381 edit
    Post the Christ, Paul and Peter references if you would be so kind.
    (Matthew 19:3-6) And Pharisees came up to him, intent on tempting him and saying: “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife on every sort of ground?” In reply he said: “Did you not read that he who created them from [the] beginning made them male and female and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and his mother and will stick to his wife, and the two will be one flesh’? So that they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore, what God has yoked together let no man put apart

a direct reference to the book of Genesis.

(2 Peter 3:5-7) For, according to their wish, this fact escapes their notice, that there were heavens from of old and an earth standing compactly out of water and in the midst of water by the word of God and by those [means] the world of that time suffered destruction when it was deluged with water. But by the same word the heavens and the earth that are now are stored up for fire and are being reserved to the day of judgment and of destruction of the ungodly men.

A direct reference to the global flood, found in the book of Genesis.

That will need to do for present i need to go to work.
  13. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    07 May '13 08:58
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    (Matthew 19:3-6) And Pharisees came up to him, intent on tempting him and saying: “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife on every sort of ground?” In reply he said: “Did you not read that he who created them from [the] beginning made them male and female and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and his mother and will stick to his ...[text shortened]... l flood, found in the book of Genesis.

That will need to do for present i need to go to work.
    I'm not sure how that makes your point. Sure enough those verses reference the Genesis account, but I see nothing which substantiates your claim of it being factual. Matthew makes note of God 'making' man and women, but it doesn't say how he made them.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 May '13 09:25
    You are correct, it is my choice to use my brain. I recommend you try using yours sometime. 😏
    I do, but I am too humble to go against the wisdom of God like you do.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 May '13 09:461 edit
    I'm not sure how that makes your point. Sure enough those verses reference the Genesis account, but I see nothing which substantiates your claim of it being factual. Matthew makes note of God 'making' man and women, but it doesn't say how he made them.
    Genesis 1 only says the God made the animals and man, male and female, however, Genesis 2 gives more detail as to how he made them.

And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

(Genesis 2:7 NKJV)

Out of the ground the Lord God formed every beast of the field and every bird of the air...

(Genesis 2:19 NKJV)

And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall on Adam, and he slept; and He took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh in its place. Then the rib which the Lord God had taken from man He made into a woman, and He brought her to the man.

And Adam said:

“This is now bone of my bones
    And flesh of my flesh;
    She shall be called Woman,
    Because she was taken out of Man.”

(Genesis 2:21-23 NKJV)

There was no evolution there. Even the woman was not a product of evolution, but by God's form of genetic engineering in which a part of the body of Adam was used to make Eve. I would imagine that some changes in the DNA programming was made in doing that.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree