1. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Jan '09 15:552 edits
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Of course, you won't since you have no actual reasoning to refute my point. Absent the OT there wouldn't even be the situation in the Middle East right now. And the Monster God you believe in ordered slaughters of children far more fearful than what has been done recently in Gaza (if the OT is to be believed).
    i do have reasoning, i could talk of the Canaanites child sacrifices, i could call upon their sexual degradation etc etc, which would merit Gods wrath, but this is a post about human reasoning, so where is your solutions? and please, do not get me started on social Darwinism which has resulted in the atrocious deaths of more humans than i can imagine, another direct consequence of human reasoning which you seem to conveniently forget, which makes the execution of the Canaanites and the Israelite almost inconsequential by comparison.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    03 Jan '09 15:591 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    i do have reasoning, i could talk of the Canaanites child sacrifices, i could call upon their sexual degradation etc etc, which would merit Gods wrath, but this is a post about human reasoning, so where is your solutions? and please, do not get me started on social Darwinism which has resulted in the atrocious deaths of more humans than i can imagine ...[text shortened]... ch makes the execution of the Canaanites and the Israelite almost inconsequential by comparison.
    There is nothing to replace human reasoning with.

All wrong-doing arises because of mind. If mind is transformed can wrong-doing remain?
    Buddha

I doubt the children slaughtered on the order of your Monster God (if you want to believe the OT) thought their horrible death were as "inconsequential" as you do.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Jan '09 16:02
    Here's a superior statement written over 500 years before Jesus:

No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.
    Buddha
    lol, the epitome of delusion, man, humanity could hardly reason its way out of a wet paper bag, how much evidence do you need?
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    03 Jan '09 16:05
    lol, the epitome of delusion, man, humanity could hardly reason its way out of a wet paper bag, how much evidence do you need?
    If you want to engage in self-loathing, that's your problem.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Jan '09 16:063 edits
    There is nothing to replace human reasoning with.

All wrong-doing arises because of mind. If mind is transformed can wrong-doing remain?
    Buddha

I doubt the children slaughtered on the order of your Monster God (if you want to believe the OT) thought their horrible death were as "inconsequential" as you do.
    it was in comparison to numbers you muppethead, for example six million Jews as well as others, direct consequence of Darwinian theory applied by the Nazis, or have you forgotten , 'my struggle' by a certain adolf hitler, product of Human reasoning! the first world war, its impetus lay in the foundation and adoption of social Darwinism, or have you forgotten? death toll, 80 million? whole communities enslaved by the application of social Darwinism to economics, product of human reasoning! my goodness, you people are seriously deluded, all the product of human reasoning.
  6. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    03 Jan '09 16:10
    really my friend? what is the destruction of the eco system based upon? is it perhaps due to superstition and ignorance or the application of science and technology without recourse to ethics? which country as Mr Blair pointed out is willing to sacrifice its economy for the sake of environment? why are little children and mothers being carried to t ...[text shortened]... ole, yet i have yet to read anything superior anywhere else within the realm of human reasoning.
    The problem, my friend, is not too much reason. It is insufficient reason. You mistake science for reason. Science itself is merely a tool. It can be used for ill or for good. If science is kept subservient to superstition and ignorance then we are surely doomed. But science guided by the sure hand of reason will save us. Who is it that is firing those missiles in the Gaza strip? Is it scientists, or is it religious zealots who are convinced that their particular conception of god is the right one? You are like the Luddites who would destroy technology because it was being put to poor use. Instead of destroying science, we should eliminate the conditions which put it to ill use. Let the light of reason shine over the whole of mankind! Drive out the darkness of religious superstition, bigotry and divisiveness! Only then can mankind save itself.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Jan '09 16:151 edit
    Originally posted by rwingett
    The problem, my friend, is not too much reason. It is insufficient reason. You mistake science for reason. Science itself is merely a tool. It can be used for ill or for good. If science is kept subservient to superstition and ignorance then we are surely doomed. But science guided by the sure hand of reason will save us. Who is it that is firing those miss ...[text shortened]... darkness of religious superstition, bigotry and divisiveness! Only then can mankind save itself.
    you know rwingett dude, you are probably correct. it had crossed my mind that I could try to dismiss it religiously and try to convince you that it was political, but its no use. the fact of the matter is that this is a religious war, im done, i apologize to you and number one, where do i sign....
  8. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    03 Jan '09 16:21
    No, no, no...it's christians who can't reason their way out of a wet paper bag. Please do not equate your sect as being representative of humanity itself.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Jan '09 16:33
    No, no, no...it's christians who can't reason their way out of a wet paper bag. Please do not equate your sect as being representative of humanity itself.
    lol, we are divinely appointed to provide illumination in this darkened world and funeral pyre of human reasoning, destined to lead us to destruction. Nietzsche declared that God is dead (that human reasoning had killed him), but look, its not the case, human reasoning is dead, for we have killed it with the irrefutable logic of scripture, the appeal to reason on the basis of christs teachings, we are beautiful!
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    03 Jan '09 17:15
    lol, we are divinely appointed to provide illumination in this darkened world and funeral pyre of human reasoning, destined to lead us to destruction. Nietzsche declared that God is dead (that human reasoning had killed him), but look, its not the case, human reasoning is dead, for we have killed it with the irrefutable logic of scripture, the appeal to reason on the basis of christs teachings, we are beautiful!
    Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
    Buddha

That certainly applies to your book of superstitions and your Death Cult.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Jan '09 18:035 edits
    Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
    Buddha

That certainly applies to your book of superstitions and your Death Cult.
    lol, what a slaphead ol Buddah was, for the failure of these ideas has its very own basis in human reasoning, it is truly amazing, like the blind leading the blind.

let us put ol Buddahs statement to the test, i reason that Hamas are good, they set up schools, provide education, and occasionally fire rockets into a land that I view to be occupied, this is a product of my reasoning, now i am an Isreali, Hamas is a 'terrorist', organization, i must defend the soil of Israel, i will send my warplanes and helicopters into the Gazza strip, destroy the infrastructure and the rocket attacks will stop, this is a product of my own reasoning.

can you see the folly and insanity of applying Buddhas teaching, its simply nonsense, why, because it has at its very basis the flaw of all human reasoning in that its based on self, what i think, what my reasons are, what my senses tell me. Yep it all about, me me, me me. oh deluded one, grow up, take a look around you, the application of such reasoning will lead to untold misery, once again the teachings of the Christ surpass such self delusion, interestingly , the very thing that Buddha would have us avoid, yes, we are beautiful!

please note if you continue to treat Christianity in a derogatory fashion without recourse to reason other than your own bias, then i must warn you that i may need to disassociate myself from your posts on the basis of 2 timothy chapter 3, which i provide for your enlightenment,

Keep reminding them of these things, charging them before God as witness, not to fight about words, a thing of no usefulness at all because it overturns those listening. Do your utmost to present yourself approved to God, a workman with nothing to be ashamed of, handling the word of the truth aright. But shun empty speeches that violate what is holy; for they will advance to more and more ungodliness, and their word will spread like gangrene. Hymenaeus and Philetus are of that number. These very men have deviated from the truth, saying that the resurrection has already occurred; and they are subverting the faith of some. For all that, the solid foundation of God stays standing, having this seal: 'Jehovah knows those who belong to him,' and: 'Let everyone naming the name of Jehovah renounce unrighteousness.'

Now in a large house there are vessels not only of gold and silver but also of wood and earthenware, and some for an honorable purpose but others for a purpose lacking honor. If, therefore, anyone keeps clear of the latter ones, he will be a vessel for an honorable purpose, sanctified, useful to his owner, prepared for every good work. So, flee from the desires incidental to youth, but pursue righteousness, faith, love, peace, along with those who call upon the Lord out of a clean heart.

Further, turn down foolish and ignorant questionings, knowing they produce fights. But a slave of the Lord does not need to fight, but needs to be gentle toward all, qualified to teach, keeping himself restrained under evil, instructing with mildness those not favorably disposed; as perhaps God may give them repentance leading to an accurate knowledge of truth, and they may come back to their proper senses out from the snare of the Devil, seeing that they have been caught alive by him for the will of that one.

for i hold that if a compromise cannot be reached, at very least a mutual understand should be.

P.S. i don't mind making fun but when it gets a little sinister that's quite something else.
  12. Break-twitching
    Moves
    04 Jan '09 03:55
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Were you hoping to win converts on the site?
    Not in the least...didn't try. I don't proselytize. I simply explain my side of the argument, but I have learned along time ago that one cannot change anyone's mind that is set in their ways.
  13. Break-twitching
    Moves
    04 Jan '09 03:56
    You can not get through to anyone who has thrown off the obfuscating veil of superstition and who is guided by the light of reason. For them, your dogmas are divisive, intellectually stultifying and life destroying.
    What academic prose!
  14. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    05 Jan '09 09:09
    The problem, my friend, is not too much reason. It is insufficient reason. You mistake science for reason. Science itself is merely a tool. It can be used for ill or for good. If science is kept subservient to superstition and ignorance then we are surely doomed. But science guided by the sure hand of reason will save us. Who is it that is firing those miss ...[text shortened]... darkness of religious superstition, bigotry and divisiveness! Only then can mankind save itself.
    But science guided by the sure hand of reason will save us. Who is it that is firing those missiles in the Gaza strip? ================================ringwett=============================================================

The missiles would not exist if it were not for science , so maybe science and religion are good teammates?

But who is it that is pouring C02 into the atmosphere pushing us 2-3 degrees away from a posible abyss? Is it religion? Or is it the greed and short sightedness of man? Is it Spirituality? Or is it gross materialism aided by our technological arrogance ?

I'm Ok with putting some faith in science but there doesn't seem to be much reason around. The scientists who are crying out for change on emissions are like voices in the wilderness , drowned out by oil interests , media moguls and short sighted politicians who come up with plans that look good but don't even scratch the surface of the problem so we can all feel better about ourselves.

The question this thread is addressing is what happens to YOUR faith in reason and human nature when we are on the edge of the abyss but still flying to disney land and sticking our heads in the sand.
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    05 Jan '09 14:111 edit
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    But science guided by the sure hand of reason will save us. Who is it that is firing those missiles in the Gaza strip? ================================ringwett=============================================================

The missiles would not exist if it were not for science , so maybe science and religion are good teammates?

But who is it th on the edge of the abyss but still flying to disney land and sticking our heads in the sand.
    I find it ironic that someone is typing into a computer to post on the internet the idea that human reason and science is essentially worthless and that what we need to do is to go back to uncritical acceptance of superstition.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree