Humans are animals, right?

Humans are animals, right?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

d

Moves
11 Aug 09

Originally posted by acb123
There is a school of thought that says we made him in OUR likeness. It made him easier to sell.
I didn't say that, read my post again, and when you read it right then tell me.

rc

Moves
11 Aug 09
5 edits

Originally posted by FabianFnas
Tell me - what have the norweigans to do with this thread? You're avoiding the main topic of this thread. Because you know yourself that you are wrong?

Why do you act like a clown? Grow up and be serious of once.
the Norwegians have nothing to do with it, isn't it great. Look at Jigtie, he is my kind of friend, he likes silliness, he comes from silly land, he talks silliness and enjoys it, i like reading his silliness, so what about it you ol blue meanie! i have given my reasons why I think that humans are unique which basically comes down to language and consciousness then I have contributed, so far no one has said anything other than thinkofone, to whom i gave an answer, but either he did not comprehend its significance, or he dismissed it as a piece of nonsense, it dies not matter to me for the statement stands regardless and one must realise that there are different levels of understanding which one may attribute to different words or phrases.

L

Moves
11 Aug 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
ok people you win, I admit it, we are a type of creation, although inherently unique. Consciousness is the prime thing as far as i can see. Consciousness and spirituality.
Wait. So you think consciousness is unique to humans? WTF? What definition of consciousness are you employing?

rc

Moves
11 Aug 09
3 edits

Originally posted by LemonJello
Wait. So you think consciousness is unique to humans? WTF? What definition of consciousness are you employing?
As i explained to thinkofone, only yesterday me and my rabbits were discussing this very same thing. and you shall curb your use of expletives, or make reference to someone else, i do not do expletives, nor do i listen to them.

L

Moves
11 Aug 09

As i explained to thinkofone, only yesterday me and my rabbits were discussing this very same thing.
I just wish you weren't so darn ignorant on everything. I mean, I would think you would want to have at least some semblance of an understanding on topics before you go out and declaim on them specifically. Maybe you should quit reading all that crap from the Watchtower Society and start getting better information.

Hey, maybe you can start here:

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/consciousness-animal/

rc

Moves
11 Aug 09
1 edit

Originally posted by LemonJello
I just wish you weren't so darn ignorant on everything. I mean, I would think you would want to have at least some semblance of an understanding on topics before you go out and declaim on them specifically. Maybe you should quit reading all that crap from the Watchtower Society and start getting better information.

Hey, maybe you can start here:

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/consciousness-animal/
your out as far as i am concerned, civility costs absolutely nothing and manners are what make men, do not refer to me, make reference to me, your statements shall be ignored, i wish that you will do the same with mine.

L

Moves
11 Aug 09
1 edit

your out as far as i am concerned, civility costs absolutely nothing and manners are what make men, do not refer to me, make reference to me, your statements shall be ignored, i wish that you will do the same with mine.
Hey, it's just a fact that you go around displaying a lot of ignorance (mostly on topics on which you scream the loudest). I mean, start educating yourself a little. Animal consciousness is not such a simple topic. For instance, the fact that your rabbits don't speak your language and don't have tea parties with you doesn't mean they are not conscious. Haven't you ever considered that?

Moves
11 Aug 09

What definition of consciousness are you employing?
Iterative metarepresentational self-consciousness I suspect 🙂

Moves
11 Aug 09

Ha ha ha ha this from the guy who called me a 'muppet'.

L

Moves
11 Aug 09

Originally posted by Lord Shark
[b]What definition of consciousness are you employing?
Iterative metarepresentational self-consciousness I suspect 🙂[/b]
Yes, if we can get robbie to understand that there are different levels of consciousness (maybe only some of which are specific to humans), that would be a good start.

T

Moves
12 Aug 09

Originally posted by Lord Shark
Ha ha ha ha this from the guy who called me a 'muppet'.
You've noticed the hypocrisy. From what I can tell, RC dishes it out about as much as anyone. Read his posts.

He has several ways of dodging posts to which he knows he has no answer of which playing the "uncivil" card is but one. Evidently in his mind it's better than admitting his position is wrong. Just wait until he goes into the babbling idiot act. It's priceless.

F

Moves
12 Aug 09

he is my kind of friend, he likes silliness
He likes you, I can understand.

Just keep on topic. Don't try to win an already lost discussion. Just explain your views without avoiding answering questions directed to you, by clownery, by going off-topic, by belittle your opponent, and all other tricks to divert the discussion from the important point to som irrelevant points like personal attacks and other things.

You are not an expert on retorics, you never are when you are exposed to your tricks.

Now, the topic is "Humans are animals, right?" You don't think so. You have made a sub-standard try to explain why. Do you care to start all over again? And get it right this time?

J

Moves
12 Aug 09
1 edit

He likes you, I can understand.
What's that supposed to mean? I like the fact that robbie can joke around a little to lighten the
mood. I hate it when things get too serious. Life's too short for that. So whether or not I agree
with him, I can certainly joke around a little for the fun of it. You may try it sometime. It does
wonders with your mood.

If at the same time I can make the point that language is merely understandable between
individuals that speak the same language, and that it's next to impossible to determine the level of
conciousness in beings whom you don't understand (just listen to a Spaniard speak - if it wasn't
for the fact that I know they've achieved a lot throughout human history I swear I would never
even consider the possibility that they're intelligent - los cos dos los bos tos... moss - no offense
Spaniards), then that's just a bonus added.

F

Moves
12 Aug 09

Originally posted by Jigtie
What's that supposed to mean? I like the fact that robbie can joke around a little to lighten the
mood. I hate it when things get too serious. Life's too short for that. So whether or not I agree
with him, I can certainly joke around a little for the fun of it. You may try it sometime. It does
wonders with your mood.

If at the same time I can make th ...[text shortened]... s cos dos los bos tos... moss - no offense
Spaniards), then that's just a bonus added.
Humour is a well appreciated thing if you know how to handle it. I don't think Robbie can do that.

He says something, then he hide behind a joke so he doesn't have to explain how he mean. This happens when he suddenly realizes that he is wrong, but don't want to reveal it. What does he do? He jokes. When people are upset, because we want to take him seriously, he just says 'What? Don't you understand a joke?'

So he is a joke.

If he says you like silly people, then this is an insult towards you. Don't blame me of what he says.

J

Moves
12 Aug 09

Humour is a well appreciated thing if you know how to handle it. I don't think Robbie can do that.

He says something, then he hide behind a joke so he doesn't have to explain how he mean. This happens when he suddenly realizes that he is wrong, but don't want to reveal it. What does he do? He jokes. When people are upset, because we want to take him se ...[text shortened]... ou like silly people, then this is an insult towards you. Don't blame me of what he says.
I am a silly man. You really can't offend me by calling me silly. It would be the truth of the matter.