Humans are animals, right?

Humans are animals, right?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
12 Aug 09

Originally posted by Jigtie
I am a silly man. You really can't offend me by calling me silly. It would be the truth of the matter.
I read some of what you have written. There is no question that your kind of humour is much more elaborated compareed with robbies, in my taste. You don't hide behind silly arguments, you use silly arguments in a clever way.

You are aware of your trademark. You don't demand to be taken seriously, and later without warning demand to be taken houmorously. We know who you are. You are just silly. In a good way.

I respect your kind of humour. I seriously do.

a

Moves
12 Aug 09

Originally posted by daniel58
I didn't say that, read my post again, and when you read it right then tell me.
I was not attempting to repeat your post, just reply to it. You say he created us in his likeness. Others say we created him in our likeness. We created a god and made him look like us to make him more acceptable. If you feel you must reply to this post, please say something intelligent that you've thought out for yourself. Don't quote from a book something someone else has written. Who knows. If you start thinking for yourself, the possibilities are endless.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
12 Aug 09

Originally posted by FabianFnas
I read some of what you have written. There is no question that your kind of humour is much more elaborated compareed with robbies, in my taste. You don't hide behind silly arguments, you use silly arguments in a clever way.

You are aware of your trademark. You don't demand to be taken seriously, and later without warning demand to be taken houmorously ...[text shortened]... you are. You are just silly. In a good way.

I respect your kind of humour. I seriously do.
When it comes to spirituality (and anything else for that matter) , I have a saying: "I'm serious about not being serious."
Once this mindset is established we can continue in a mature fashion.
If anyone gets too serious about their particurlar viewpoint I am disinclined to continue...

rc

Moves
12 Aug 09
2 edits

He likes you, I can understand.

Just keep on topic. Don't try to win an already lost discussion. Just explain your views without avoiding answering questions directed to you, by clownery, by going off-topic, by belittle your opponent, and all other tricks to divert the discussion from the important point to som irrelevant points like personal attacks a tandard try to explain why. Do you care to start all over again? And get it right this time?
I have done nothing of the sort, i have not tried to win anything, in fact, all that i stated was that what seemed to me to be the difference, get that Fabian, what seemed to me to be the case, I never attempted to define it, although i have a definition, i never attempted to refute any arguments although i would have liked to engage in some discussion on the topic, in fact i have not even proffered any argument i was having such a good time being silly. It is quite apparent that i cannot be myself around you or certain others without misconstrued allegations and inane assertions of ignorance from persons who are so stiff that they would make a dead persons appear downright bendy and twice as spiritual. So be it, it is a lesson learned and not one easily forgotten.

J

Moves
12 Aug 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
It is quite apparent that i cannot be myself around you or certain others without misconstrued allegations and inane assertions of ignorance from persons who are so stiff that they would make a dead persons appear downright bendy and twice as spiritual.
LOL! I for one enjoy reading your posts.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
12 Aug 09

your out as far as i am concerned, civility costs absolutely nothing and manners are what make men, do not refer to me, make reference to me, your statements shall be ignored, i wish that you will do the same with mine.
Does this ring any bells Robbie?

whether you think i am talking nonsense is neither here nor there, this is a public forum, are you the dictator of the public forum, no, then why are you acting as one? so shut up! it is glaringly apparent that you are intent on banding your opinion about as if it were some type of absolute truth, get it, for it is nothing remotely resembling it, get it, if you do not like what i post, do not respond and save me the trouble of reply to your dictatorial edicts and decrees! muppet!

Isn't there a saying about stones and glass houses or something.......??

Moves
12 Aug 09

perhaps you have a solution? if so, i for one would be glad to hear it.
I think a good start would be standing up for things that you hold in common with others and letting matters of science be resolved by scientists. You and I disagree on many things. You have your books and I have mine. I think we both love our families and want a better world with less suffering. What has that got to do with evolution? If it turns out that humans arose fully formed from seeds dropped by a passing spaceship it won't affect my views of what is important right now. Why does your book have to historically and scientifically correct about everything? If you had admit that it was wrong about any one thing would you then throw it in the fire? That's a poor faith right there. Because it apparently is not about real faith at all but just slavery to a piece of text. Don't you see that that attitude causes suffering in this world? Insisting that the people around you bend to your capricious will rather than joining and encouraging whatever good you can find? Seriously, if tomorrow the whole world discarded science and decided to submit all the questions of existence to a single text you actually think the world would be better? You use the light switches in your house like the rest of us. Heck, do you eat shellfish, or pork? Isn't it the principles that are important? Isn't grace important? What does that have to do with the chemical process of photosynthesis? You know (as I've said before) that that whole attitude is just about wanting to be right, wanting to vindicate ego at all costs and true faith should be nothing like that - and it damn sure shouldn't speak with the authority of science (or pretend that it does.) It should speak with the quiet voice of love.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
12 Aug 09

Different persons do have different beliefs -so what? It 's enough for the interlocutors to agree that they disagree and to move on, enjoying the sharing of their opinions and having a good time overall😵

rc

Moves
12 Aug 09

Originally posted by Jigtie
LOL! I for one enjoy reading your posts.
thank you my silly friend, it was a brief and joyous encounter to have met one who lifted the spirit of the forum with such sublime babbling, yet beneath it there was a dignity and understanding which others perhaps did not appreciate, held within the constraints of their own little perspex windows.

rc

Moves
12 Aug 09

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Does this ring any bells Robbie?

whether you think i am talking nonsense is neither here nor there, this is a public forum, are you the dictator of the public forum, no, then why are you acting as one? so shut up! it is glaringly apparent that you are intent on banding your opinion about as if it were some type of absolute truth, get it, for it is ...[text shortened]... ecrees! muppet!

Isn't there a saying about stones and glass houses or something.......??
there is such a thing noobster my friend, as righteous indignation, you are perhaps aware of the incident when Christ made a rope and drove the extortioners and money changers from the temple, he also referred to his enemies, as the offspring of vipers. Paul on another occasion called the high priest, a white washed wall ( a derogatory reference to emptiness). was it righteous indignation which drove me to those words, you bet your life it wasn't. it was nothing but a reactionary contentiousness, said without thought, do i feel remorseful, no i don't, if i had i would certainly have issued an apology, as i have done even to yourself. No one has the right to encroach upon the freedom of another, i repeat, no one! i was incensed, i reacted, let he who is without sin cast the first stone! ( dont even try thinkofone!)

F

Moves
12 Aug 09

Robbie, why don't we start all over again. You have read all the critics about your argumentation of humans not being animal. In the light of this, can you once more answer the question:

Why do you think humans are not animals?

rc

Moves
12 Aug 09
2 edits

Robbie, why don't we start all over again. You have read all the critics about your argumentation of humans not being animal. In the light of this, can you once more answer the question:

Why do you think humans are not animals?
why are you wanting to discuss it with me, i don't know anything, i am an imbecile, an ignorant and pestilent fellow, thoroughly devoid of any type of understanding, and blinded by my 'text', a fool, a clown and a joker, so if you don't mind, i think i shall pass, but thanks for asking.

F

Moves
12 Aug 09

why are you wanting to discuss it with me, i don't know anything, i am an imbecile, an ignorant and pestilent fellow, thoroughly devoid of any type of understanding, and blinded by my 'text', a fool, a clown and a joker, so if you don't mind, i think i shall pass, but thanks for asking.
Seriously? I didn't know that... Sorry to hear. 😕

Come on, I give you a chance to recover?

rc

Moves
12 Aug 09
2 edits

Seriously? I didn't know that... Sorry to hear. 😕

Come on, I give you a chance to recover?
no its for real this time Fabian, i have had enough. I shall limit my participation to Biblical topics, using what scant powers of understanding that i may chance to stumble upon in the infinite darkness of my being - wish you well - regards robbie.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
12 Aug 09

no its for real this time Fabian, i have had enough. I shall limit my participation to Biblical topics, using what scant powers of understanding that i may chance to stumble upon in the infinite darkness of my being - wish you well - regards robbie.
Ye 're kiddin' ye lang leggedy beastie😵