1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Nov '15 11:29
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    JOSEPH was IMHOTEP in EGYPT, 1st after Pharaoh DJOSER

https://theegyptianidentityofjoseph.wordpress.com/joseph-son-of-jacob-israel-was-imhotep-of-egyptian-history/
    Not biased at all, right? "COULD IT BE that Imhotep was Joseph'' "If it was generally accepted".

In other words, just a bunch of human words again. Just like your bible.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 Nov '15 12:132 edits
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Sure, for you whom the fairy tales are real. What has your JC done for THIS century, or 20 or 19 or 18? At best you get that warm fuzzy feeling which doesn't help much when your children are starving in a famine.
    In this century, the last and all centuries since His resurrection Christ as the perpetual High Priest is accomplishing the will of God for the kingdom of God. You are on the Titanic.

Christ is building His church and preparing overcoming believers to be co-kings in His kingdom. So that when the godless world crumbles as it must, it will be replaced with a permanent kingdom of God.

And a warm fuzzy is better than an unquenchable, thirsty, burning torment forever.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    04 Nov '15 17:26
    At least all the man made god's we have written into our psyche. None of the god's mankind has made up can hold a candle to the creativity of the best of us. Artists, scientists, engineers, WE are the ones making people's lives safer and longer. Not some pathetic imitation of a god men made up.
    I haven't seen any mere mortal create a universe from nothing yet. And there's only one person I know of that rose from the dead.

Besides all that, everything man has ever made, has and will turn to dust. I can't imagine where you get your ideas from sonhouse, but you surely haven't thought it through.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Nov '15 18:03
    Originally posted by josephw
    I haven't seen any mere mortal create a universe from nothing yet. And there's only one person I know of that rose from the dead.

Besides all that, everything man has ever made, has and will turn to dust. I can't imagine where you get your ideas from sonhouse, but you surely haven't thought it through.
    Getting ideas, that is called thinking for yourself. You lose that ability when you cast your mind over to religion. You no longer get to think for yourself, only parrot the Christian mantra.

As to the creation of the universe and the rising from the dead deal, both of those are just people writing words down, It is words and words only. I don't see people being raised from the dead today using supernatural powers, only that wicked evil attribute called modern medicine which HAS brought people back from the dead. Granted, not dead very long but brought back nonetheless.

You lost the ability for independent thought long ago when you decided the bible was valid.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 Nov '15 18:39
    Getting ideas, that is called thinking for yourself.
    So says the guy just spouting off on the thoughts of
    Imhotep, Aristotle, Brahmagupta, Copernicus, Newton, Leibniz. Da Vinci and Rembrandt.
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    04 Nov '15 18:55
    Originally posted by sonship
    Imhotep, Aristotle, Brahmagupta, Copernicus, Newton, Leibniz. Da Vinci and Rembrandt.
    'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.'

Isaac Newton
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Nov '15 22:27
    I don't think any of those dudes ever thought about god getting drunk🙂 Anyway I was talking about the very fact that gods are boring asssholes. Humans, the best of us anyway, are where the real action is.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Nov '15 02:362 edits
    I don't think any of those dudes ever thought about god getting drunk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who in the world is talking about that ?

Humans, the best of us anyway, are where the real action is.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Victory over the grave is with the Jesus. That's action.
    You can hardly get more action than resurrection.

The "cage door" is wide open. You don't want to experience Jesus Christ ? Why, there is no cage door locked on you. You're free to be without such a Man.
  9. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    05 Nov '15 05:26
    [b1. ]I haven't seen any mere mortal create a universe from nothing yet.
    2. And there's only one person I know of that rose from the dead.

[/b]
    1. You haven't seen anyone immortal create a universe.
    (But at least you know mortals exist)

2. You don't read varied enough mythology.
    Horus, Osirus, Adonis, Baal( !), et cetera
  10. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    05 Nov '15 05:31
    ... Newton, .....
    Newton's work on Gravity, Optics and Calculus was brilliant.
    It has been verified.

His other work on bible study and alchemy was a waste of time.

So Sonhouse is not "just taking Newton's thoughts" is he?
  11. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    05 Nov '15 06:47
    If humans are more interesting than any god, why is the existence of any god getting so many posts on this forum?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Nov '15 06:56
    Originally posted by JS357
    If humans are more interesting than any god, why is the existence of any god getting so many posts on this forum?
    Human weakness, perhaps. 😉
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    05 Nov '15 07:49
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    1. You haven't seen anyone immortal create a universe.
    (But at least you know mortals exist)

2. You don't read varied enough mythology.
    Horus, Osirus, Adonis, Baal( !), et cetera
    "You haven't seen anyone immortal create a universe."

I can "see" the creation (universe). It is self evident that everything in existence was created. It doesn't get any simpler than that. Any other explanation for the existence of everything is not self evident.

Denial of a creator is at its root arrogant in the extreme.
  14. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    05 Nov '15 07:55
    [b]"You haven't seen anyone immortal create a universe."

I can "see" the creation (universe). It is self evident that everything in existence was created. It doesn't get any simpler than that. Any other explanation for the existence of everything is not self evident.

Denial of a creator is at its root arrogant in the extreme.[/b]
    How does the existence of the universe imply a creator?
    It doesn't even necessarily imply a creation event.

And if there was a creator - why should it be a god?
    It could be a bunch of geeks in white coats from another dimension.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Nov '15 08:18
    Denial of a creator is at its root arrogant in the extreme.
    Taking the mystery of our origin, and that of the world we live in, and extrapolating from it ~ i.e. picking up the ball and running with it ~ and subscribing to a story that depicts the creator you believe in walking upon the earth as a Jewish rabbi - and then denouncing people who disagree with your theory/ideology as "arrogant", seems a bit on the "arrogant" side too.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree