1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Nov '15 20:33
    At least all the man made god's we have written into our psyche. None of the god's mankind has made up can hold a candle to the creativity of the best of us. Artists, scientists, engineers, WE are the ones making people's lives safer and longer. Not some pathetic imitation of a god men made up.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    01 Nov '15 20:48
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    At least all the man made god's we have written into our psyche. None of the god's mankind has made up can hold a candle to the creativity of the best of us. Artists, scientists, engineers, WE are the ones making people's lives safer and longer. Not some pathetic imitation of a god men made up.
    Which is why you should only care about the God that made mankind instead of the
    other way around.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Nov '15 21:021 edit
    I see, perhaps we can make and create a single blade of grass, in our genius? we are also the ones that have brought the planet to the brink of ecological disaster, are we not?
  4. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    01 Nov '15 22:24
    The difficulty with this argument is that in the Abrahamic traditions God made man in his own image. So all our creativity is attributable to him.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Nov '15 10:51
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    The difficulty with this argument is that in the Abrahamic traditions God made man in his own image. So all our creativity is attributable to him.
    Exactly. But sonhouse has said numerous times that we have made God in our own image. Obvious backwards logic.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Nov '15 10:54
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Exactly. But sonhouse has said numerous times that we have made God in our own image. Obvious backwards logic.
    Do you think non-Christian religions have been made in the image of their inventors and adherents?
  7. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    02 Nov '15 11:42
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    We could not relate to a God who was not of 'similar image'. We like to think we're the best life-form around. A God was something other than a greatly enhanced version of us would cut into our ego as a species.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Nov '15 23:17
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    We could not relate to a God who was not of 'similar image'. We like to think we're the best life-form around. A God was something other than a greatly enhanced version of us would cut into our ego as a species.
    Which is exactly why we manufactured our god's in man's image. The ecological stuff Robbie talks about has been going on for thousands of years, wherever early humans went, like when they came across the land bridge no longer there crossing from Siberia into Alaska, shortly thereafter, the large herbivores where extinct. Everywhere man goes, species go extinct. We may yet off ourselves and if we do there will be no god to come around and fix our boo boo's, putting a bandage on them and saying "there there, everything will be all right'.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    03 Nov '15 06:36
    Which is exactly why we manufactured our god's in man's image. The ecological stuff Robbie talks about has been going on for thousands of years, wherever early humans went, like when they came across the land bridge no longer there crossing from Siberia into Alaska, shortly thereafter, the large herbivores where extinct. Everywhere man goes, species go exti ...[text shortened]... our boo boo's, putting a bandage on them and saying "there there, everything will be all right'.
    Speak for yourself, you do manufacture god in your image all the time and complain your
    god isn't worthy. You go on and on about how god should be as if you know, so you can
    deny god isn't real, where you fall short is that God isn't as limited as you make Him out
    to be.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Nov '15 13:561 edit
    Of all human beings who have ever lived upon the earth, who would you say commands the most attention as to uniqueness ? Consider his or her deeds, words, influence, respect, honor, admiration, emulation.

What human being in history or now would you say is the most interesting ?

Since I asked, I'll give my vote first. I would say Jesus of Nazareth.

Who would you say ? Anyone ?
    Let's see who sonhouse would submit.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Nov '15 14:40
    Originally posted by sonship
    Of all human beings who have ever lived upon the earth, who would you say commands the most attention as to uniqueness ? Consider his or her deeds, words, influence, respect, honor, admiration, emulation.
    I would say Jesus has commanded the most attention for the reasons you list plus, of course, the fact that massive numbers of people down through the ages have thought of him as a divine being/part of the Godhead, including myself for a significant part of my life.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Nov '15 16:15

What human being in history or now would you say is the most interesting ?

Since I asked, I'll give my vote first. I would say [b]Jesus of Nazareth

Who would you say ? Anyone ?
    Let's see who sonhouse would submit.[/b]
    There is Imhotep, who designed the first pyramids but I wouldn't bring up his name just for that, as distinguished as that was, he also invented the first ideas of the scientific method, in the medical field, he prescribed meds or herbs but didn't just stop there, he got feedback from the people and made charts of what worked and what didn't.

Nobody did that before him. That was a world changer in science.

Then there was Aristotle, whose accomplishments are numerous, including being thought to be the person who designed and built the antikythera mechanism, the most advanced mechanism by far for the next 1500 years.

There are geniuses all up and down the timeline like Brahmagupta in India around the year 600 who invented zero as a valid math concept.

Then there was Copernicus who first realized Earth spun around the sun, not the other way round.

Then there was Isaac Newton and Leibniz who independently invented calculus and Newton most of pre-Relativity physics and optics.

And the artists like Leonardo Da Vinci, Rembrandt and such,

All geniuses down the ages.

Much more important than your man made god. They made a real difference in the world.

All that happened sucking up to your man made god was literally millions of people killed in sectarian violence, which is going on as we speak right up to today.

If your so-called god is so great, have it come down and say so, otherwise humans talking about god(s) are just making up stories.

The Abrahamic god is full of human attributes like jealousy, right, a GOD being jealous of humans. What a laugh.

Like humans having an ant colony and becoming jealous of individual ants. Not gonna happen.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Nov '15 18:11
    These are all very interesting people.
    I could easily spend time further looking into each one of them.

I notice that you did not single out the topmost person of interest.
    Any particular reason for replying to my question with an assortment rather than one topmost individual ?

Anyway as fascinating as any of your candidates are in their own right, I still have to say Jesus of Nazareth occupies the most unique place.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Nov '15 18:35
    These are all very interesting people.
    I could easily spend time further looking into each one of them.

I notice that you did not single out the topmost person of interest.
    Any particular reason for replying to my question with an assortment rather than one topmost individual ?

Anyway as fascinating as any of your candidates are in their own right, I still have to say [b]Jesus of Nazareth
    occupies the most unique place.[/b]
    Sure, for you whom the fairy tales are real. What has your JC done for THIS century, or 20 or 19 or 18? At best you get that warm fuzzy feeling which doesn't help much when your children are starving in a famine.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Nov '15 04:041 edit
    There is Imhotep, who designed the first pyramids but I wouldn't bring up his name just for that, as distinguished as that was, he also invented the first ideas of the scientific method, in the medical field, he prescribed meds or herbs but didn't just stop there, he got feedback from the people and made charts of what worked and what didn't.

Nobody did ...[text shortened]...

Like humans having an ant colony and becoming jealous of individual ants. Not gonna happen.
    JOSEPH was IMHOTEP in EGYPT, 1st after Pharaoh DJOSER

https://theegyptianidentityofjoseph.wordpress.com/joseph-son-of-jacob-israel-was-imhotep-of-egyptian-history/

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree