1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Apr '07 11:181 edit
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    what makes it more credible than creationism if you can not even prove it? there is evidence of creationism also, such as the prophecies that have been fulfilled.
    How many times do we have to keep saying it? CREATION AND EVOLUTION ARE TWO DIFFERANT THINGS. Evolutionists left the starting point of life up to others, you can dream up what you will about how it all got here in the first place, for sure nobody's dream is right yet, creationists included, they are all just stories and hypotheses so far. But as to what happened after life started, the record is clear, you see in the geological record microscopic evidence of what is very probably the chemical signs of some ancient bacteria long since extinct, then you see shells of sea life in the time frame of what is called the 'Cambrian Explosion', a time of intense evolution for reasons still hotly debated. That was a time, about 350 million years ago when things started getting interesting in terms of the kinds of life forms rapidly evolving (in a period of less than 5 million years or so) in the appearance of an incredible number of new creatures where there had been only things that were the sea equivalent of slugs, stuff started swimming or flopping around, pinchers added, eyes, mobility, predation, defensive mechanisms, etc., all in the blink of a geological eye. Remember, this is near half a billion years before there was ever mankind or monkeykind on earth. How do they know that? Because the layers are like onions, clear divisions of yearly tide cycles of mud and sand and dying creatures making yearly layer on layer then the whole mass collapsing like a rose in a book and these layers all together by the thousands making mile high stacks and compressing further into solid rock but the original forms are still clear in those rocks. It is really laughable when you think about MILES of stacks of these what used to be bottom of the ocean layers and young earthers trying to convince people this all happened in 8,000 years. I mean you can just about count the layers year by year and any proported christian marine biologist knows the layers build up even now year by year so what in the pinheaded hell do they think is so differant 20 million or 200 million years ago? Why do they continue to try to force the whole of the earth's life into one stupid 8,000 year segment? I hope you are not one of those idiots. Same ones who were firmly convinced the earth was flat not based on some science but because the bible had them convinced the earth was the center of the universe and if its a sphere than it's only one ball amongst many, etc., etc., ad nauseum. Well, the BIBLE tells me so. Jeez, isn't it time to grow up and stop listening to fairy tales and having invisible friends? Get with the program, use your own brain not to re-puke the same time worn stories of self-righteous self aggrandizing power seekers jumping on some empty headed nonesense they convinced people came from some god with absolutely no proof, TRUST ME, IT'S FROM THE LORD. Come on, this is the 21st century not year 1. A lot of water has gone under the bridge since then, no sign of some magical return of your precious Christ, get over it, it's not going to happen, not now, and not in a million years.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Apr '07 22:27
    ..the day a monkey can defend darwin in a debate over evolution is the day that the evolutionist's prove their point...until then they can just monkey around with some science, some thoughts and some bananas for lunch...
  3. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    28 Apr '07 23:06
    Originally posted by reinfeld
    ..the day a monkey can defend darwin in a debate over evolution is the day that the evolutionist's prove their point...until then they can just monkey around with some science, some thoughts and some bananas for lunch...
    I guess we proved it already then.
  4. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    28 Apr '07 23:13
    im not sure how this proves evolution, there are many species that are similar with each other but they are in the same family; does that mean they all evolved from the same species, or does that mean they are just similar? because if it doesnt mean they came from the same thing, then how does the similarities between human and apes prove evolution? i think it just means we're in the same family
    Okay, no individual data point can prove a theory, but one could certainly disprove it.

The thing with evolutionary theory is that it makes sensible predictions that can be tested. For example, a nice one I recently heard. All other apes have 48 chromosomes (24 pairs), except humans who have 46 (23 pairs). Now, if we accept evolution to be true, we would suggest that humans couldn't have just "lost" 2 chromosomes during evolution - too many genes would be lost. With creationism anything is possible, and nature should not be expected to make any sense. We can make a hypothesis that 2 of the chromosomes fused, however. Thus, 24 pairs of chromosomes would become 23 pairs.

If we look at human and non-human primate genomes, we find that our chromosome 2 also contains primate chromosome 13, complete with centromeres and telomeres. Of course, "goddunit" is a possible explanation, but not a very satisfying one. If God did, in fact, do it, why? It hardly bodes well for Adam and Eve having perfect genomes - this would be a direct contradiction of that - why would they have non-functional telomeres and centromeres in the middle of a perfect chromosome? It doesn't, I'm afraid, make sense. Evolution does, however.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Apr '07 23:27
    ...is that frog sitting on a typewriter ?...is he going to write the sequel to casablanca ( it has been done ) ?...maybe he or it will write a tome
    about kepler or oppenheimer...i will wait..
  6. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    28 Apr '07 23:28
    ...is that frog sitting on a typewriter ?...is he going to write the sequel to casablanca ( it has been done ) ?...maybe he or it will write a tome
    about kepler or oppenheimer...i will wait..
    All you are disproving with your innane comments is that saltation, you know, like the Adam and Eve "creation" story, is rubbish. That's just not the way evolution works.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Apr '07 01:13
    ...not inane..quite directed actually...but then frogs with ph'd's generally don't get what i have to say...i have to stop working the amphibian lounges on the boulevard if i want to meet someone who
    can hear the truth in the silence...can you hear the silence ?...berkely did ...
  8. The sky
    Moves
    29 Apr '07 01:59
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    All you are disproving with your innane comments is that saltation, you know, like the Adam and Eve "creation" story, is rubbish. That's just not the way evolution works.
    He's disproving that saltation is rubbish? 😛

I thought frogs liked saltation.
  9. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    29 Apr '07 04:10
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    He's disproving that saltation is rubbish? 😛

I thought frogs liked saltation.
    Saltation is the "all or nothing" form of evolution, literally man springing forth from a pool of slime fully formed and functional in one easy step. It's so statistically unlikely so as to be a complete non-sense. Evolution is gradual change, one step at a time.
  10. CA, USA
    Moves
    29 Apr '07 08:14
    Saltation is the "all or nothing" form of evolution, literally man springing forth from a pool of slime fully formed and functional in one easy step. It's so statistically unlikely so as to be a complete non-sense. Evolution is gradual change, one step at a time.
    What was the first (gradual) step genius?
  11. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    29 Apr '07 08:28
    The day God comes down and tells me I'm wrong...then I'll become a creationist.

Well, actually, I'd be more likely to go and get some Phenothiazines or something.
  12. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    29 Apr '07 08:54
    Originally posted by jammer
    How would I know?

Probably, it was the reaction of sunlight on some carbon and hydrogen molecules, causing the formation of a reduced carbon molecule.
  13. CA, USA
    Moves
    29 Apr '07 10:23
    How would I know?

Probably, it was the reaction of sunlight on some carbon and hydrogen molecules, causing the formation of a reduced carbon molecule.
    and what was "the first gradual step" toward sunlight? or carbon and hydrogen molecules? and what caused the formation of a reduced carbon molecule?

I thought you had all the answers.
  14. Standard memberslappy115
    Slappy slap slap
    Under your bed...
    Moves
    29 Apr '07 10:24
    but it does not prove anything, it just says we are similar.
    Or maybe it just means that we are simians.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Apr '07 10:40
    Originally posted by jammer
    Said like someone who knows. So reveal all oh master.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree