1. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    29 Apr '07 13:43
    Originally posted by jammer
    and what was "the first gradual step" toward sunlight? or carbon and hydrogen molecules? and what caused the formation of a reduced carbon molecule?

I thought you had all the answers.
    and what was "the first gradual step" toward sunlight? or carbon and hydrogen molecules? and what caused the formation of a reduced carbon molecule?

Neither of these questions have anything to do with evolution. However,if you really want to know, ask again, and I'll tell you.

I thought you had all the answers.

Then you have a short memory. I already profused, many times, to not knowing lots of stuff.
  2. The sky
    Moves
    29 Apr '07 14:48
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Saltation is the "all or nothing" form of evolution, literally man springing forth from a pool of slime fully formed and functional in one easy step. It's so statistically unlikely so as to be a complete non-sense. Evolution is gradual change, one step at a time.
    I thought you'd get the joke. 😞 Or realize that what you said was the opposite of what you meant to say.
  3. Meddling with things
    Moves
    29 Apr '07 15:06
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    what makes it more credible than creationism if you can not even prove it? there is evidence of creationism also, such as the prophecies that have been fulfilled.
    Please supply a list of 'prophesies fulfilled'. Perhaps a new thread would be appropriate so that we can do a thorough job on them
  4. Joined
    09 Dec '06
    Moves
    29 Apr '07 18:55
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Okay, no individual data point can prove a theory, but one could certainly disprove it.

The thing with evolutionary theory is that it makes sensible predictions that can be tested. For example, a nice one I recently heard. All other apes have 48 chromosomes (24 pairs), except humans who have 46 (23 pairs). Now, if we accept evolution to be true, w ...[text shortened]... e of a perfect chromosome? It doesn't, I'm afraid, make sense. Evolution does, however.
    Great post, I never knew that.

Another arguement for evolution against intelligent design is that many things are not intelligently designed. Evolution presents natural reasons for various inefficiencies. However why the bad design flaws? e.g. Our appendix were useful, but not now. Many animals have useless organs, body parts that are throwbacks to their evolutionary pasts.
  5. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    29 Apr '07 22:08
    Originally posted by aardvarkhome
    Please supply a list of 'prophesies fulfilled'. Perhaps a new thread would be appropriate so that we can do a thorough job on them
    http://www.playtheimmortalgame.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=20620
  6. Meddling with things
    Moves
    30 Apr '07 00:45
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    http://www.playtheimmortalgame.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=20620
    Looks weak

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree