1. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    09 Feb '11 22:52
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    You quote the Bible, but the Bible will misdirect you for it has been fabricated.

There is no use pulling out quotes to support animal slaughter, because these quotes have been fabricated by dishonest persons.
    Then why did you quote the Bible?
  2. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Feb '11 22:55
    Originally posted by divegeester
    In your haste to post more drivel you obviously failed to read my post quoting Acts 10: 9 - 15

Perhaps you would like to read it first and THEN post?
    I did read that post .... hence I have responded correctly.

That verse is a fabrication, as are many of the verses in the Bible, and it is written to turn sin into non-sin.

This is not proper to do this.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Feb '11 22:58
    I did read that post .... hence I have responded correctly.

That verse is a fabrication, as are many of the verses in the Bible, and it is written to turn sin into non-sin.

This is not proper to do this.
    But YOU yourself are a fabrication, an internet troll, a false poster, bogus...what are we to do?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Feb '11 23:00
    You think I'm joking don't you? I'm not, I know you are not what you claim to be here.
  5. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    09 Feb '11 23:18
    ........"Man did not weave the web of life,he is merely a strand in it. whatever he does to the web, he does to himself. One thing we know: our god is also your God. The earth is precious to him and to harm the earth is to heap contempt on its Creator."....... Chief Seattle's 1854 Oration. Chief Seattle Dkhw'Duw'Absh (Duwamish) Indian Chief.
  6. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Feb '11 23:39
    Originally posted by divegeester
    But YOU yourself are a fabrication, an internet troll, a false poster, bogus...what are we to do?
    Look....when one holds tightly on to error, they end up putting themselves into a situation where they can only present silliness.

If you want to stop the silliness then let go of the error, and when you do, the only thing that can really happen after that, is that your spiritual life shall actually begin.
  7. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    09 Feb '11 23:441 edit
    Look....when one holds tightly on to error, they end up putting themselves into a situation where they can only present silliness.

If you want to stop the silliness then let go of the error, and when you do, the only thing that can really happen after that, is that your spiritual life shall actually begin.
    Well your living in error, so that means all your talk is silliness.

I wish RHP had a light bulb icon with the faces. (?) is close to a light bulb.
  8. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Feb '11 01:21
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Well your living in error, so that means all your talk is silliness.

I wish RHP had a light bulb icon with the faces. (?) is close to a light bulb.
    You cannot simply turn things back the front with hope they disappear, they wont.

You have to acknowledge the error and remove it, and embrace the truth, and in this way your spiritual life shall go forward.
  9. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    10 Feb '11 07:57
    You cannot simply turn things back the front with hope they disappear, they wont.

You have to acknowledge the error and remove it, and embrace the truth, and in this way your spiritual life shall go forward.
    l acknowledge your error - l cant remove it - you need to do this.
  10. Lowlands paradise
    Moves
    10 Feb '11 09:42
    There are those who clearly defend their animal slaughter.

Animal slaughter clearly causes suffering to the animals.

I say they are clearly causing suffering to animals.

They say animal slaughter is acceptable according to their beliefs.

Then that clearly means animal suffering is acceptable to them.

I say then causing suffering to animals ...[text shortened]... hey will not admit this.

And now I am being called insulting, for exposing their dishonesty.
    I agree there is unnecessary suffering and I appreciate it when you try to diminish that suffering.
    But you fail to convince because
    1. you refer to a belief system that is not valid for others
    2. you are offensive to people who reject that belief system
    3. you don't explain why slaughter is equal to suffering or cruelty

I wonder what your position would have been if you were not a follower of the Veda's. Would you have the same vehement feelings about slaughter?
  11. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Feb '11 10:50
    Originally posted by souverein
    I agree there is unnecessary suffering and I appreciate it when you try to diminish that suffering.
    But you fail to convince because
    1. you refer to a belief system that is not valid for others
    2. you are offensive to people who reject that belief system
    3. you don't explain why slaughter is equal to suffering or cruelty

I wonder what your positio ...[text shortened]... were not a follower of the Veda's. Would you have the same vehement feelings about slaughter?
    Vedic teachings are about universal truths for mankind....they are not about belief systems.

This is your error

Belief systems can change from one day to the other.

Universal truths do not change because they are eternal truths.

Therefore if you reject universal truths you become a dishonest person .

Because one can only reject universal truths by the process of dishonesty.

Its impossible to reject universal truths, and to do it truthfully.

If you reject truth....then by default you become a dishonest person.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Feb '11 10:58
    Vedic teachings are about universal truths for mankind....they are not about belief systems.

This is your error

Belief systems can change from one day to the other.

Universal truths do not change because they are eternal truths.

Therefore if you reject universal truths you become a dishonest person .

Because one can only reject universal tr ...[text shortened]... nd to do it truthfully.

If you reject truth....then by default you become a dishonest person.
    You are still misusing the word "dishonesty", vishvahetu.

Disagreement is not synonymous with dishonesty.

Actually, the Vedic teachings are a belief system. It is one of many. And within those many, there are many variations.

Claiming that the teachings one has adopted constitute universal truths for mankind is something that many belief systems around the world have in common. You are simply yet another religionist making this same claim.

Perhaps if I shared your Vedic belief system I would agree that Vedic teachings are about universal truths for mankind, but I do not.

We have established that we disagree on this and I have pointed out to you - more than once - that disagreement is not the same things as dishonesty.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Feb '11 18:56

Please... PLEASE heed your own advice.

You are the one in error, but you cannot let go of the error.

Let go... and let God.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Feb '11 18:57

Exactly, please do so.
  15. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Feb '11 19:20
    Originally posted by FMF
    You are still misusing the word "dishonesty", vishvahetu.

Disagreement is not synonymous with dishonesty.

[b]Vedic teachings are about universal truths for mankind....they are not about belief systems.

Actually, the Vedic teachings are a belief system. It is one of many. And within those many, there are many variations.

Claiming that the teach ...[text shortened]... pointed out to you - more than once - that disagreement is not the same things as dishonesty.[/b]
    You cannot escape your dishonesty simply by saying, I dont accept universal beliefs.

Eternal truths cannot be debated, and not accepting them makes one dishonest by default.

Cruelty to animals by subjecting them to the slaughtering process is wrong, not because I say it is wrong, but because it is a eternal truth.

It is not a belief system either, because how can a universal truth be only a belief.

Is it only a belief that your hand will be burnt if you place it in the fire.

Even if FMF puts his hand in the fire, it will burn.

Saying FMF,s hand will not burn is dishonest and foolish.

Therefore your false statement that you are not in error for subscribing to the slaughtering process, is a dishonest statement

Have you noticed that the only way you can feel that you are not in error, is by being dishonest and rejecting universal truths.

You then say that you are not in error, because you do not accept universal truths, but this is clearly word games to attempt to absolve yourself from gilt.

All persons whether they accept or not, are implicated in error when subscribing to animal slaughter....you included.

Now,it matters not...... how you reject this truth, because no matter what falsity you post up, you are in error and are dishonest for denying it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree