Humans have choices.

Humans have choices.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
11 Feb 11

Originally posted by souverein
No, I don't think life is boring for you. But what can be exiting for one can be boring t for another. We all have our own belief systems. You are convinced there exists one belief system for all mankind. I don't think such a system exists. All belief system are like 2-dimensional photographic prints from a 3- or more dimensional reality. Some are sharp, o ...[text shortened]... sometimes to remove blind spots and to enhance my own picture(s). So thanks for sharing yours.
Everyone has many different beliefs because there are many different categories or departments of life.

Persons who live on the land will believe differently than persons who live in the city .

Persons who live in China shall believe differently that persons in Australia.

Persons who live for crime, shall believe differently than the law abiding citizen.

But what is the thing that is common with everyone?....it is spirituality because God is one and the goal of spirituality and religion is one also.

So this is why religion and its principles shall be the same for all persons whether they are Chinese or Australia...or city dwellers or country folk.

If developing spiritual qualities is good for the Chinese, then it is also good for the Australians.

If being vegetarian is good for the city dweller then it is good for the country folk.

So accepting the authority of Vedanta by one person, for spiritual advancement, is also necessary for advancing the spiritual qualities of the other person.

There are not two options but only one, because there is only one complete and true process for returning home back to Godhead.

s

Lowlands paradise

Moves
11 Feb 11

Originally posted by vishvahetu
Everyone has many different beliefs because there are many different categories or departments of life.

Persons who live on the land will believe differently than persons who live in the city .

Persons who live in China shall believe differently that persons in Australia.

Persons who live for crime, shall believe differently than the law abiding ...[text shortened]... nly one, because there is only one complete and true process for returning home back to Godhead.
Yes your view is utterly clear to me. But can you accept that people in all sincerity can have a different view? What makes you think you have the authority to judge others as you do here?

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
11 Feb 11

Yes your view is utterly clear to me. But can you accept that people in all sincerity can have a different view? What makes you think you have the authority to judge others as you do here?
I am not judging others, but I am trying to have spiritual discussion with each person, but if the person present falsity it is impossible to continue the discussion without first correcting the error.

Now when the error is pointed out and they can clearly see that, they hold tighter to their error.

This game playing is dishonest.

F

Moves
11 Feb 11

I am not judging others, but I am trying to have spiritual discussion with each person, but if the person present falsity it is impossible to continue the discussion without first correcting the error.

Now when the error is pointed out and they can clearly see that, they hold tighter to their error.

You are misusing the word "dishonest", vishvahetu. You will do yourself a favour as an advocate of your belief system, and as a commentator on the belief systems of others, if you use key words in their conventional sense.

s

Lowlands paradise

Moves
11 Feb 11

I am not judging others,
Yes you do almost all the time. You are entitled to disagree with the content of statements people make; you are not entitled to go ad hominem and to call people dishonest and worse.

but I am trying to have spiritual discussion with each person, but if the person present falsity it is impossible to continue the discussion without first correcting the error.
If you really want a discussion you have to accept that the other person can have opposing views. You can battle these views, but you have to respect the person. If you cannot respect them you are at the wrong place and are running up and down in a dead end street. (Sometimes it looks like your street got a dead end on both sides). Don't use a discussion forum to preach what others have to think. This is not an ashram, mosque or church.

Yes, anything that is not in accordance with your belief system is error and when people do not accept your 'corrections' they are dishonest. You have made that pretty clear. What more is there to say?

Cape Town

Moves
11 Feb 11
1 edit

But the cycle will continue until either:
1. You realize the futility of your current strategy and try something else or give up.
2. Everyone else gets tired of you and starts to ignore you.
3. Someone gets upset with you and somehow manages to get you banned.

What isn't going to happen is for people to be converted to your views.
However righteous you may believe yourself to be, and however much in possession of the truth you may think yourself to be, the fact remains that you are a poor communicator ('obnoxious' comes to mind) and if you can't see that then you are being dishonest.

w

Moves
11 Feb 11
1 edit

"Vegetarian food leaves a deep impression on our nature. If the whole world adopts vegetarianism, it can change the destiny of humankind."
Albert Einstein

"There is just no reason why animals should be slaughtered to serve as human diet when there are so many substitutes. Man can live without meat."
The Dalai Lama

"If man wants freedom why k
"It is s...
It's finger licking good!!

--Colonel Sanders.

May he burn for his atrocities!! 😠

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
11 Feb 11

Originally posted by twhitehead
But the cycle will continue until either:
1. You realize the futility of your current strategy and try something else or give up.
2. Everyone else gets tired of you and starts to ignore you.
3. Someone gets upset with you and somehow manages to get you banned.

What isn't going to happen is for people to be converted to your views.
However righteous ...[text shortened]... unicator ('obnoxious' comes to mind) and if you can't see that then you are being dishonest.
I am not going begging for people to come to my views, but what I do expect is sooner or later people become truthful, for it is impossible to discuss with persons who are dishonest.

Here is an example.

I say animal slaughter is cruel, and therefore if you are a religious person it shall have consequences on your spiritual development.

Because they are dishonest they cannot agree to that, but instead state that animal cruelty is not wrong.

Everyone knows that animal cruelty is wrong.

So why do they say it is not wrong and subscribe to dishonesty.

I am not asking them to give up there meat eating....but I am asking them to be honest about it.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
11 Feb 11

I am not going begging for people to come to my views, but what I do expect is sooner or later people become truthful, for it is impossible to discuss with persons who are dishonest.

Here is an example.

I say animal slaughter is cruel, and therefore if you are a religious person it shall have consequences on your spiritual development.

Because th ...[text shortened]... I am not asking them to give up there meat eating....but I am asking them to be honest about it.
This is where i had the best steak ever:
http://www.ruthschris.com/Menu/Entrees

This is where i had the best chicken ever:
http://www.treliorestaurant.com/

And this place was good too:
http://www.garydanko.com/

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
11 Feb 11

[b]I am not judging others,
Yes you do almost all the time. You are entitled to disagree with the content of statements people make; you are not entitled to go ad hominem and to call people dishonest and worse.

but I am trying to have spiritual discussion with each person, but if the person present falsity it is impossible to continue the discus ...[text shortened]... 'corrections' they are dishonest. You have made that pretty clear. What more is there to say?
Why have you not described what is really going on accurately.

You said that I judge people if they do not hold to my views, but that is not the truth.

The actual truth is..... I inform people, that supporting error is dishonest if and only if, they are aware that it is false.

If someone doesn't know something is false, then I do not accuse them of being dishonest....they are innocent.

I only say people are dishonest if they support clear and obvious falsity, and many things on this list are obviously false, and some are not.

The following are some things that are false that certain persons subscribe to..

1. Animal slaughter is not cruel.

2. Everything we can observe just popped into existence without any intelligence or creative force or purpose. (a miraculous random continual occurrence)

3. Living animals do not have living souls.

4. All non Christians shall burn in hell.

4. There is no authority on spirituality (but there is authority for everything else)

5. Spiritual energy doesn't exist because we cant see it.

6. All the mind boggling complexity of life is just an accident with no purpose.

7. Genesis is the only way to describe creation.

8. Dead bodies can jump out of the grave.

9. Every word in the Bible is true and perfect.

10. We only have one life and then we cease to exist.

12. Science knows everything about everything because they have microscopes and telescopes.

13 The 8.400.000 species of life came from a puddle of mud and now we have humans.

14. Universal truths can be ignored, because I have my perfect mind to guide me.

15. Universal eternal truths are only beliefs.

Is it only a belief that the body will become dust in the wind when it dies.

Is it only a belief that cruelty to animals causes them suffering.

Is it only belief that everything in existence is designed and created with function and purpose.

Is it only a belief that there are teachings given to mankind that can give him knowledge of God and life.

Is it only a belief that there is spiritual existence and this life is temporary and not our real home.

There are many more examples but it would take forever to post them up.

The main point, that has had us arrive at this very post today is.........to say animal cruelty is not wrong is dishonest, and you are clearly aware of this, and so is everyone else.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
11 Feb 11

Originally posted by RBHILL
This is where i had the best steak ever:
http://www.ruthschris.com/Menu/Entrees

This is where i had the best chicken ever:
http://www.treliorestaurant.com/

And this place was good too:
http://www.garydanko.com/
This is the disgusting level that Christianity has sunk to.....making jokes about the slaughter of innocent defenceless animals.

Christianity the religion of the animal killers.

F

Moves
12 Feb 11
1 edit

So why do they say it is not wrong and subscribe to dishonesty.
Because they do not share your belief system and have no spiritual objection to eating meat. Therefore they do not agree with you when you assert that eating meat is wrong. Therefore it is not dishonesty if they assert that their beliefs are different from yours. Therefore they are not lying when they tell you that they do not believe there is a spiritual reason that prohibits the eating of meat. Therefore they are not subscribing to dishonesty, they are simply subscribing to a different belief system from you.

R

California

Moves
12 Feb 11
1 edit

This is the disgusting level that Christianity has sunk to.....making jokes about the slaughter of innocent defenceless animals.

Christianity the religion of the animal killers.
The steak was even raped in bacon.
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3315/3505786653_c4292da616_o.jpg&imgrefurl=http://flickr.com/photos/brynith/3505786653/[WORD TOO LONG]/[WORD TOO LONG]

R

California

Moves
12 Feb 11

Why have you not described what is really going on accurately.

You said that I judge people if they do not hold to my views, but that is not the truth.

The actual truth is..... I inform people, that supporting error is dishonest if and only if, they are aware that it is false.

If someone doesn't know something is false, then I do not accuse the ...[text shortened]... cruelty is not wrong is dishonest, and you are clearly aware of this, and so is everyone else.
Number 4 should have been the unsaved will be lose forever. But it is nice to see you have two number fours.

HoH
Thug

Playing with matches

Moves
12 Feb 11

Originally posted by RBHILL
The steak was even raped in bacon.
Sweet Jesus really? What kind of animals are we dealing with?!