1. gumtree
    Moves
    09 Feb '11 14:12
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    They are lower on the scale and feel diffident degrees of pain and suffering.

Look there's one golden rule....if it lives, do not cause it to suffer.
    No more cabbage for me then. I am sure the boiling must hurt at least a little bit.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '11 14:26
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    He thinks you are lying and thus he has not misused the word.
    I think he is sincere. But I don't quite get why, in return for me assuming that he is posting in good faith, he doesn't assume that I am doing so too. In a sense, I have not sensed this degree of inchoate anger nor quite this type of incoherence-generating insecurity on this forum before. Plenty of anger and insecurity here, yes. But vishvahetu seems to me to be creating a new paradigm.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    09 Feb '11 21:03
    Originally posted by souverein
    ....I wonder what your point is....
    Kill animals as much as you like? Or should we develop some ethical standards. Should we try to minimize the killing of living beings who have an awareness of suffering? Where should we draw the line?
    We should draw the line at necessity, not habit
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Feb '11 21:121 edit
    "Thou shalt not kill."
    Exodus 20:13
    Acts 10: 9 - 15

9About noon the following day as they were on their journey and approaching the city, Peter went up on the roof to pray.
    10He became hungry and wanted something to eat, and while the meal was being prepared, he fell into a trance.
    11He saw heaven opened and something like a large sheet being let down to earth by its four corners.
    12It contained all kinds of four-footed animals, as well as reptiles of the earth and birds of the air.
    13Then a voice told him, “Get up, Peter. Kill and eat.”
    14“Surely not, Lord!” Peter replied. “I have never eaten anything impure or unclean.”
    15The voice spoke to him a second time, “Do not call anything impure that God has made clean.”
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Feb '11 21:15
    "One should treat animals such as deer, camels, asses, monkeys, mice, snakes, birds and flies exactly like one's own son. How little difference there actually is between children and these innocent animals."
    Srimad Bhagavatam 7.14.9
    "I'm a postmodern vegetarian - I eat meat ironically." ~ Bill Bailey (Part Troll)

Vegetarian: old Indian word for "lousy hunter." - Bumper sticker

"Behold the Venus flytrap, the complete answer to the philosophy of vegetarianism" - Tom Edwards

"Vegetarianism is harmless enough, though it is apt to fill a man with wind and self righteousness." - Robert Hutchinson

"Have you just started that meal or are you just finishing it?" - Winston Churchill to vegetarian cabinet minister Strafford Cripps as they ate a meal together.

"If God did not intend for us to eat animals, then why did he make them out of meat?" - John Cleese (a vegetarian)

"Red meat is not bad for you. Now, blue-green meat--that's bad for you!" - Tom Smothers
  6. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Feb '11 21:18
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Acts 10 9:15

9About noon the following day as they were on their journey and approaching the city, Peter went up on the roof to pray.
    10He became hungry and wanted something to eat, and while the meal was being prepared, he fell into a trance.
    11He saw heaven opened and something like a large sheet being let down to earth by its four corners.
    12 ...[text shortened]...
    15The voice spoke to him a second time, “Do not call anything impure that God has made clean.”
    The Bible is not authorized, it never was and never will be.

The compilers of the Bible were meat eaters, and so they dishonestly removed any verses informing the people to refrain from the sinful act of killing.

Any verses that support killing, have been fabricated by fools and rascals, and now anyone who subscribes to this false knowledge will be living with error.
  7. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Feb '11 21:21
    "I'm a postmodern vegetarian - I eat meat ironically." ~ Bill Bailey (Part Troll)

Vegetarian: old Indian word for "lousy hunter." - Bumper sticker

"Behold the Venus flytrap, the complete answer to the philosophy of vegetarianism" - Tom Edwards

"Vegetarianism is harmless enough, though it is apt to fill a man with wind and self righteousness." - ...[text shortened]... at is not bad for you. Now, blue-green meat--that's bad for you!" - Tom Smothers
    Persons often resort to humour, when their attempt to present falsity fails.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Feb '11 21:24
    The Bible is not authorized, it never was and never will be.

The compilers of the Bible were meat eaters, and so they dishonestly removed any verses informing the people to refrain from the sinful act of killing.

Any verses that support killing, have been fabricated by fools and rascals, and now anyone who subscribes to this false knowledge will be living with error.
    So why did you use quotes from the Bible in your OP - your hypocricy preceeds your every weak retort.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Feb '11 21:30
    Persons often resort to humour, when their attempt to present falsity fails.
    Your complete lack of self awareness forces me to point out that the 4th quote was directed specifically to you...
  10. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Feb '11 21:501 edit
    Originally posted by souverein
    (Animal) cruelty is abject. I don't think anyone denies that.
    But what is cruel? We cannot be cruel to a stone; neither to a microbe. To a mosquito?
    Cruelty has to do with provoking unnecessary suffering. That implies that the victim must have an awareness of pain and fear. The greater this awareness the more suffering is involved and the more careful we should act.
    There are those who clearly defend their animal slaughter.

Animal slaughter clearly causes suffering to the animals.

I say they are clearly causing suffering to animals.

They say animal slaughter is acceptable according to their beliefs.

Then that clearly means animal suffering is acceptable to them.

I say then causing suffering to animals is clearly wrong.

They say it is not wrong.

I say if you say it is not wrong, then you are being dishonest.

They say I should not call them dishonest.

Then I say to them I will not call them dishonest...... if they admit that animal slaughter is causing suffering to animals.

They will not admit this.

And now I am being called insulting, for exposing their dishonesty.
  11. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    09 Feb '11 22:06
    "Vegetarian food leaves a deep impression on our nature. If the whole world adopts vegetarianism, it can change the destiny of humankind."
    Albert Einstein

"There is just no reason why animals should be slaughtered to serve as human diet when there are so many substitutes. Man can live without meat."
    The Dalai Lama

"If man wants freedom why k ...[text shortened]...
    "It is s...
    Before the flood Genesis 1:29. After the flood Genesis 9:3. Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you;........ Isaiah 7:14,15. I am sure that Immanuel did honor God in all of the law and the prophets. Exodus 20:13 Thou shalt not (do murder) kill. I hope you remember Srimad Bhagavatam 7.14.9 if then when you get a parasitical infestation or perhaps find a that you have a infestation of mice, flies, ect. The Deuteronomy 30:19 verse is used out of context? "Red Indian Chief"? Perhaps you mean Red Cloud? Isaiah 1:11-15, Hosea 6:6, Numbers 11:18-20. Used out of context?
  12. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Feb '11 22:15
    Originally posted by gambit3
    Before the flood Genesis 1:29. After the flood Genesis 9:3. Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you;........ Isaiah 7:14,15. I am sure that Immanuel did honor God in all of the law and the prophets. Exodus 20:13 Thou shalt not (do murder) kill. I hope you remember Srimad Bhagavatam 7.14.9 if then when you get a parasitical infestation or perhaps ...[text shortened]... Perhaps you mean Red Cloud? Isaiah 1:11-15, Hosea 6:6, Numbers 11:18-20. Used out of context?
    You quote the Bible, but the Bible will misdirect you for it has been fabricated.

There is no use pulling out quotes to support animal slaughter, because these quotes have been fabricated by dishonest persons.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Feb '11 22:181 edit
    You quote the Bible, but the Bible will misdirect you for it has been fabricated.

There is no use pulling out quotes to support animal slaughter, because these quotes have been fabricated by dishonest persons.
    I wish you had told us this earlier, your words carry so much credibility I'm sure every Christian here would have turned apostate at the very first breath of your wisdom.
  14. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Feb '11 22:25
    I wish you had told us this earlier, your words carry so much credibility I'm sure every Christian here would have turned apostate at the very first breath of your wisdom.
    "thou shalt not kill" .....is very clear, but dishonest persons have turned this around to say "thou shall kill"

So if this falsity is going on, why are you supporting
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Feb '11 22:28
    "thou shalt not kill" .....is very clear, but dishonest persons have turned this around to say "thou shall kill"

So if this falsity is going on, why are you supporting
    In your haste to post more drivel you obviously failed to read my post quoting Acts 10: 9 - 15

Perhaps you would like to read it first and THEN post?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree