1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Feb '11 21:04
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Who gets to authorize the commentaries?
    Even if I explain it....you will not accept.

Let me say at least this....are you God, because Vivekananda says you are.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Feb '11 21:37
    Originally posted by Dasa
    Even if I explain it...
    Even if YOU explain it..Please grace us with your insight.
  3. Lowlands paradise
    Moves
    27 Feb '11 21:51
    “You have to grow from the inside out. None can teach you, none can make you spiritual. There is no other teacher but your own soul.”

Swami Vivekananda
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    27 Feb '11 22:424 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Obviously it does.
    No I won't.
    Yes he did.
    Your interpretation.
    No surprise that you refuse to explain in detail how you extracted your conclusions , since there is no rational way to get there from the quoted text. This is typical of how fundamentalist Christians try to "defend" their "interpretations", no matter how idiotic. It's the only way they can "defend" their core beliefs and so seem to feel free to do so with everything else.

Perhaps you so dislike Dasa because he exhibits many of the same behaviors that you do.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Feb '11 23:271 edit
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    No surprise that you refuse to explain in detail how you extracted your conclusions , since there is no rational way to get there from the quoted text. This is typical of how fundamentalist Christians try to "defend" their "interpretations", no matter how idiotic. It's the only way they can "defend" their core beliefs and so seem to feel free to do so wit ...[text shortened]...
    Perhaps you so dislike Dasa because he exhibits many of the same behaviors that you do.
    If you cant find any dirt dig it up? can you direct me to any positive statement that you have made concerning anyone else who shares a different perspective from you. Just one shall be suffice to restore my faith in humanity.
  6. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    27 Feb '11 23:461 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    If you cant find any dirt dig it up? can you direct me to any positive statement that you have made concerning anyone else who shares a different perspective from you. Just one shall be suffice to restore my faith in humanity.
    Just stated the truth.

You however have quite the history of twisting the truth and / or lying outright in your attempts to disparage others.

You're really something.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Feb '11 00:121 edit
    Just stated the truth.

You however have quite the history of twisting the truth and / or lying outright in your attempts to disparage others.

You're really something.
    Yes but i have never claimed to be anything other than a miserable sinner, prone to aberration and human foibles. Your positive statement. . . . . ummm, where is it?
  8. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    28 Feb '11 00:321 edit
    Yes but i have never claimed to be anything other than a miserable sinner, prone to aberration and human foibles. Your positive statement. . . . . ummm, where is it?
    Is there anything more "positive" than the truth?
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Feb '11 00:45
    yes, for the truth may be expressed negatively, for example, a message of condemnation while being true can be expressed negatively, for example, 'there is more hope for the people of Sodom and Gomorrah than for you'.
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    28 Feb '11 00:50
    Originally posted by divegeester
    “The Vedanta recognizes no sin it only recognizes error.
    And the greatest error, says the Vedanta is to say that you are weak,
    that you are a sinner, a miserable creature,
    and that you have no power and you cannot do this and that.”

Swami Vivekananda
    2 Corinthians 12:10 - Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.
  11. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    28 Feb '11 00:51
    yes, for the truth may be expressed negatively, for example, a message of condemnation while being true can be expressed negatively, for example, 'there is more hope for the people of Sodom and Gomorrah than for you'.
    Just for grins. Can you give an example of a " message of condemnation...expressed" positively?
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Feb '11 00:531 edit
    Just for grins. Can you give an example of a " message of condemnation...expressed" positively?
    yes, thats easy, 'you will positively die!', expressed by God to Adam and Eve after they transgressed in the garden of Eden.
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    28 Feb '11 01:041 edit
    Not according to your intent in the question you ask.

One could say that truth is always positive, because it leads to more truth.

John 1:5 - And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

In the passage from which this verse is taken, light(truth), is said to be incomprehensible to darkness(lie). In other words, truth dispels lies, therefore truth it is always a positive thing, because darkness(lie) is its opposite, and has negative results.

More specifically, the verse is a reference to Jesus who is the 'light' of men and the embodiment of truth.
  14. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    28 Feb '11 01:17
    Originally posted by josephw
    Not according to your intent in the question you ask.

One could say that truth is always positive, because it leads to more truth.

John 1:5 - And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

In the passage from which this verse is taken, light(truth), is said to be incomprehensible to darkness(lie). In other words, truth di ...[text shortened]... ally, the verse is a reference to Jesus who is the 'light' of men and the embodiment of truth.
    Doesn't seem like RC shares this belief. Perhaps your post will help him "see the light" 🙂
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    28 Feb '11 02:03
    Doesn't seem like RC shares this belief. Perhaps your post will help him "see the light" 🙂
    I think there is 'bad blood' between you two. I would prefer to let you guys work it out on your own, but I would also be willing to facilitate that process in any way I can. If possible.

It's funny. You , me, and robbie profess that Jesus is Lord, but we disagree on vital points of doctrine.

How do we reconcile our differences? Seems a monumental task.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree