1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    01 Mar '11 23:533 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    It's self evident.
    lol. If you ever wonder why so many have so little regard for fundamentalist Christians, look in the mirror. One would think at least one of you guys would be willing and able to engage in a rational discussion. Clearly you are neither.
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    01 Mar '11 23:54
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    It's like the positron said to the electron,'if we get together we will surely die'. Are you sure, said the electron? Yes, I'm positive!
    Groan. Well, I did say, "Just for grins" 🙂
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    02 Mar '11 01:51
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Groan. Well, I did say, "Just for grins" 🙂
    Hey man. That was funny!!
  4. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Mar '11 02:55
    Originally posted by souverein
    That is YOUR belief. not MINE. Can you accept that?
    It is not my belief but the absolute truth.

If I departed from this earth today....it will still be the absolute truth.....it doesn't depend on me believing or not believing.

You may reject, and reject you do well......but one thing you cannot say is, that it is not the truth.

For you to say it is not the truth, would be like me saying, the earth does not spin.
  5. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Mar '11 03:00
    Originally posted by FMF
    There are numerous so-called "authorities". All they are are codified and internalized traditions of conjecture. This is not affected by the certainty or sincerity you feel. Accepting this diversity in the matter of spirituality is surely a prerequisite for any meaningful communication in a community founded on diversity of perceptions.

[b]The goal is .....to ...[text shortened]... ther place to go" to find what people believe is an "authority" on the supernatural.
    Your statements that it is not this, or it is not that ......is simply baseless and meaningless, for a person who does not know what to do, or what not to do you have no say on the matter.

Its like a person being born completely blind, trying to be an art critic........what could they possibly say about art, that would be meaningful.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Mar '11 05:34
    Originally posted by Dasa
    Its like a person being born completely blind, trying to be an art critic........what could they possibly say about art, that would be meaningful.
    Well, I can say that, while I believe that you are completely sincere in your beliefs, I am not a subscriber to your belief system, and so your assertions really don't mean anything to me or to anyone else, whether they cite their chosen "authority" or they don't cite their chosen "authority". Comparing me to a "blind" person really acts only as an indicator of the intensity of your earnestness and doesn't really pertain to any objective "truth" about me at all. It's also interesting that you compare a belief system to "art". Do you think that a piece of "art" must only be perceived and interpreted in one single definitive way?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Mar '11 05:37
    Your statements that it is not this, or it is not that ......is simply baseless and meaningless,..
    I stated that there is clearly diversity in the matter of spirituality. How can such a statement be "simply baseless and meaningless"?

...for a person who does not know what to do, or what not to do you have no say on the matter.

How on Earth can I have "no say on the matter" of my own spirituality and on the fact that I don't acknowledge or submit to your chosen belief system?
  8. Lowlands paradise
    Moves
    02 Mar '11 07:50
    It is not my belief but the absolute truth.

If I departed from this earth today....it will still be the absolute truth.....it doesn't depend on me believing or not believing.

You may reject, and reject you do well......but one thing you cannot say is, that it is not the truth.

For you to say it is not the truth, would be like me saying, the earth does not spin.
    The rotation of the earth is a scientific fact. There are many ways we can prove this rotation. That is why we all agree on it.
    Your claim that Vedanta contains the absolute truth is based on your personal experiences and your interpretation and explanation. The fundamental disagreements among Vedantists themselves about god shows already how subjective that is.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Mar '11 22:53
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    lol. If you ever wonder why so many have so little regard for fundamentalist Christians, look in the mirror. One would think at least one of you guys would be willing and able to engage in a rational discussion. Clearly you are neither.
    What conclusions?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree