1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Mar '11 05:48
    Originally posted by Dasa
    I dont authorize anything, but Vedanta authorizes itself because it is coming from the Personality of Godhead, and when one studies the entire collection of writings it is evident what is what.
    How is this assertion relevant or credible to a spiritual person who does not recognize or submit to the particular version of Vedic "authority" that you yourself happen to endorse?
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    01 Mar '11 06:001 edit
    I dont authorize anything, but Vedanta authorizes itself because it is coming from the Personality of Godhead, and when one studies the entire collection of writings it is evident what is what.
    If one studies earnestly and in good faith and frame of mind, open and free from distraction, one may well find their path from the scribblings of Vedanta.
    Still ,all authority eventually comes from inside, and anything from the outside, like books , is only a reflection of the truth that is contained within.

Why so many religons/spiritual outlooks? Because not one size fits all.
    The truth is contained in many books and the whole truth is contained in none.
    Vedanta may set SOME people on the right path, granted, but I guarantee you my soul that not everyone will accept it as their authority, despite its historic and spiritual resonance, and not only that, it wont even be the majority.(even though there are a lot of indians)

If Vedanta makes one person enlightened, then it shas done its job.

Dont make out like its the answer for everyone , like christians say that JC is the answer for everyone. It just aint and never will be.

BTW, I'm still not sure why you dont loosely label yourself as a "Hindu"
    It's just descriptive and gives people a quick insight into the background and where your spirituality is comes from.
    It is a compliment and the fact that you refuse to accept it baffles me, and makes me wonder why? Hmmmmm
  3. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Mar '11 06:24
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    If one studies earnestly and in good faith and frame of mind, open and free from distraction, one may well find their path from the scribblings of Vedanta.
    Still ,all authority eventually comes from inside, and anything from the outside, like books , is only a reflection of the truththat is contained within.

Why so many religons/spiritual outlooks? ...[text shortened]... eryone , like christians say that JC is the answer for everyone. It just aint and never will be.
    It is the answer for everyone, because it is coming from the Personality of Godhead who is the creator or everything, so how could there be another way.

God is not two...but one, and the way to spiritual enlightment can only be given by the source of the spiritual....the Personality of Godhead.

If the Personality of Godhead says do like this and do like that......why would anyone do differently, especially if they desire to have a relationship with the Personality of Godhead.

One can only rely on the withinness if they first apply themselves in the correct manner from the authorized withoutness first.

An example is.....before one can create music from within....firstly they have to study how to read music from without from some music book or something.....and then when the music from within develops, they can then write it down on a piece of paper because they know how to write music now.

In the spiritual life there are many different concepts and ideas and thoughts that will come from within....and by knowing the conclusion of Vedanta, one can be directed in the proper way and they can clarify what is coming from within whether it is something to reject or something to embrace.

Some people have had ideas coming from within that has told them that animals do not have souls.

They have had ideas coming from within telling them they can cause suffering to animals and it OK.

Other ideas coming from within are that dead bodies can jump out of the grave.

Dont put to much trust in "the within", unless you have been trained in the spiritual purification process of living the spiritual life presented by Vedanta, which purifies the mind, intelligence and heart.....which then will create an experience of within that will not be in error.
  4. Standard memberua41
    Sharp Edge
    Dulling my blade
    Moves
    01 Mar '11 06:39
    It is the answer for everyone, because it is coming from the Personality of Godhead who is the creator or everything, so how could there be another way.

God is not two...but one, and the way to spiritual enlightment can only be given by the source of the spiritual....the Personality of Godhead.

If the Personality of Godhead says do like this and do like t ...[text shortened]... igence and heart.....which then will create an experience of within that will not be in error.
    Same mountain, different paths.

The sun rises on your side but sets on mine.
    You are exposed to the giant rocks, I've got to wade through rivers.

And I'd say the majority of musicians do not know enough music theory to write it down.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    01 Mar '11 06:55

If the Personality of Godhead says do like this and do like t ...[text shortened]... igence and heart.....which then will create an experience of within that will not be in error.
    Yeah, I mean sure, you can come to those (lets call tham) "universal truths", but surely if they are universal, and they permate throughout the universe because of their potency, then thay will resonate witth all those that are open to those truths, Vedanta ir no Vedanta. You know what I mean?

Ate t he end of the day; (when the S**t hits the fan), that which is true and strong and righteous will stand up to the last test of "satan" before the true cleansing of the planet begins.
    So either way , all will be "forced" (God doesn't force ,(paradox),) ,to go with the flow of their correct assumptions about their life and go with what they know, or "forced" to make major revisions, hopefully in time for them to make the journey into the next dimension successfully.
    (I happen to know that in this day and age the same amount of "spiritual uplifting" can be "gained" in 10 mins of meditation, which woiuld've taken 2-3 hours a hundred years ago)
    There are a lot of Up-Lifting forces working "behind the scens" at the moment, people. Tis a good time to turn it on yourselves.
  6. Lowlands paradise
    Moves
    01 Mar '11 07:02
    Right from the beginning when Vedanta was put into the written form 5000 yrs ago, there was always the atheist type of person who took the Vedanta and misinterpreted its conclusion.

And as a result we have two versions of Vedanta....personalism and impersonalism.

Impersonalism is the fabricated version and it supports an atheistic mentality, so when you s ...[text shortened]... alism presents, and even you can answer this question truthfully without any assistance from me.
    And as a result we have two versions of Vedanta....personalism and impersonalism.
    Yes, and there are several other versions that mix these two. Depending on the Vedanta texts you find most relevant and depending on the interpretation of these texts you can defend a theistic or (p)a(n)theistic view. We are getting somewhere!
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    01 Mar '11 08:31
    Originally posted by ua41
    Same mountain, different paths.

The sun rises on your side but sets on mine.
    You are exposed to the giant rocks, I've got to wade through rivers.

And I'd say the majority of musicians do not know enough music theory to write it down.
    Yeah man, I dont th ink Hendrix knew much theory 😉
  8. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Mar '11 08:39
    Originally posted by souverein
    [b]And as a result we have two versions of Vedanta....personalism and impersonalism.
    Yes, and there are several other versions that mix these two. Depending on the Vedanta texts you find most relevant and depending on the interpretation of these texts you can defend a theistic or (p)a(n)theistic view. We are getting somewhere![/b]
    Pantheistic is a view, but not the reality of the situation.

The Pantheistic person does not recognise the Personality of Godhead and this is not how it is...... there is a Personality of Godhead who is responsible for the nature that we observe, and nature is not independent of God but is existing and supported by Gods separated material energies.

And then God as the Super Soul enters into every atom of the material energy to maintain and control its function.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Mar '11 10:501 edit
    When one studies the entire collection of [Vedic] writings it is evident what is what? But when your screen name was vishvahetu you admitted - more than once - that you had not read the entire collection of writings. Why do you think we should give any credence to your assertions about whether or not "Vedanta authorizes itself" if you haven't fulfilled even your own stated terms of reference or "qualification", as you put it?
  10. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Mar '11 19:25
    Originally posted by FMF
    When one studies the entire collection of [Vedic] writings it is evident what is what? But when your screen name was vishvahetu you admitted - more than once - that you had not read the entire collection of writings. Why do you think we should give any credence to your assertions about whether or not "Vedanta authorizes itself" if you haven't fulfilled even your own stated terms of reference or "qualification", as you put it?
    The spiritual writings in the Vedic literature occupy about 15% of the entire Vedic literature, and of that, it is only necessary to study 3% of that for understanding to take place.

It is different for different persons, and some study the whole 15% and and some study only the 3%.........anywhere between 3% and 15% will enlighten the reader, but only if they have the correct attitude and put into practice the process of spiritual development.

The 3% Iam talking about, would take a couple of years to get through.....and dont forget, you have to practise with the right attitude what you read, for the mind, intelligence and heart to become purified and unconditioned,.
  11. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Mar '11 19:33
    Originally posted by FMF
    How is this assertion relevant or credible to a spiritual person who does not recognize or submit to the particular version of Vedic "authority" that you yourself happen to endorse?
    If they reject the only authority there is, then they will be left with only their speculations........

Speculations are not going to assist you in reaching the goal.

What is that goal?

The goal is .....to develop our lost relationship with the Personality of Godhead, and there is no other place to go to acquire the knowledge to do this.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Mar '11 20:38
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Uh, the conclusions given in the title of the thread as applying to Vivekananda based on your quote of him in the OP.

You're really something. Earlier you called them "self evident" and now you ask what they are?
    It's self evident.
  13. Lowlands paradise
    Moves
    01 Mar '11 23:00
    Pantheistic is a view, but not the reality of the situation.

The Pantheistic person does not recognise the Personality of Godhead and this is not how it is...... there is a Personality of Godhead who is responsible for the nature that we observe, and nature is not independent of God but is existing and supported by Gods separated material energies.

And th ...[text shortened]... e Super Soul enters into every atom of the material energy to maintain and control its function.
    That is YOUR belief. not MINE. Can you accept that?
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Mar '11 23:16
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Just for grins. Can you give an example of a " message of condemnation...expressed" positively?
    It's like the positron said to the electron,'if we get together we will surely die'. Are you sure, said the electron? Yes, I'm positive!
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Mar '11 23:391 edit
    If they reject the only authority there is, then they will be left with only their speculations........
    There are numerous so-called "authorities". All they are are codified and internalized traditions of conjecture. This is not affected by the certainty or sincerity you feel. Accepting this diversity in the matter of spirituality is surely a prerequisite for any meaningful communication in a community founded on diversity of perceptions.

The goal is .....to develop our lost relationship with the Personality of Godhead, and there is no other place to go to acquire the knowledge to do this.

Your perception of "the goal" is not everyone's perception of "the goal". And it's clearly not true to claim "there is no other place to go" to find what people believe is an "authority" on the supernatural.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree