1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    19 Jan '17 02:372 edits
    Originally posted by josephw
    [b]"Christ came with a new covenant, based on love for our fellow man."

I think you have the cart before the horse. The "New Covenant" isn't based on our love for our fellow man. The New Covenant is based on God's love for mankind, and His grace and mercy towards a lost and dying world. God gave His son because of His love for us. That's the New Coven ...[text shortened]... e cross on our behalf. Grace through faith in the shed blood of Christ. That's the New Covenant.[/b]
    The new covenant that Jesus brought to the world is contained in the words He spoke while He walked the Earth.

His commandments serve as the foundation of the new covenant:
    Matthew 22
    37And He said to him, “ ‘YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND.’ 38“This is the great and foremost commandment. 39“The second is like it, ‘YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.’ 40“On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets.”
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '17 02:41
    Don't you know that substance abuse alters one's perception of reality?

After one stops using it takes years to recover. Just ask me. I know.
    Do you really think this is a 'debating point' that reflects well on you as a person?
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    19 Jan '17 17:31
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Any idea of when your recovery might be complete?
    Yes. When I'm resurrected. What about you?
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    19 Jan '17 17:36
    Originally posted by FMF
    Do you really think this is a 'debating point' that reflects well on you as a person?
    No doubt you care about what others think of you.
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    19 Jan '17 17:41
    Yes. When I'm resurrected. What about you?
    It was a joke.

JW: Don't you know that substance abuse alters one's perception of reality?
    After one stops using it takes years to RECOVER. Just ask me. I know.

ToO: Any idea of when your RECOVERY might be complete?
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    19 Jan '17 17:44
    The new covenant that Jesus brought to the world is contained in the words He spoke while He walked the Earth.

Matthew 22
    37And He said to him, “ ‘YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND.’ 38“This is the great and foremost ...[text shortened]... GHBOR AS YOURSELF.’ 40“On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets.”
    I know you don't know what the New Covenant is, or how it came to be.
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    19 Jan '17 18:02
    I know [b]you don't know what the New Covenant is, or how it came to be.[/b]
    Just as the gospel that Jesus brought to the world is contained in the words Jesus spoke while He walked the Earth, the new covenant is contained in the words Jesus spoke while He walked the Earth

I gather that you believe in a different "gospel" and a different "new covenant". Correct?
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    19 Jan '17 21:54
    Don't you know that substance abuse alters one's perception of reality?

After one stops using it takes years to recover. Just ask me. I know.
    Stop trolling me.
    Stop trolling other' posts.
    You come into a thread with no other reason other than to upset people. Just cause you mention JC doesn't mean it isn't trrolling.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '17 23:05
    No doubt you care about what others think of you.
    Well I stand by and take responsibility for everything I say. Perhaps you need to care a bit more about what you blurt out in public if you don't want to come across as petty and mean spirited ~ especially when you bandy about the name of Jesus Christ so much. Just saying.
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    20 Jan '17 07:17
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well I stand by and take responsibility for everything I say. Perhaps you need to care a bit more about what you blurt out in public if you don't want to come across as petty and mean spirited ~ especially when you bandy about the name of Jesus Christ so much. Just saying.
    Just worry about yourself, and try staying on topic.
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    20 Jan '17 07:33
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Stop trolling me.
    Stop trolling other' posts.
    You come into a thread with no other reason other than to upset people. Just cause you mention JC doesn't mean it isn't trrolling.
    Quit whining.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Jan '17 08:23
    Just worry about yourself, and try staying on topic.
    I'm not worried, josephw. It was just a bit of advice from someone who has witnessed your persona shrivel and deteriorate over the last few months. You may be unaware of it. 😉
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Jan '17 14:28

Matthew 22
    37And He said to him, “ ‘YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND.’ 38“This is the great and foremost ...[text shortened]... GHBOR AS YOURSELF.’ 40“On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets.”
    The NEW Covenant totally involves His shedding of blood for the forgiveness of sins.

I did not say that that was the ONLY thing the new covenant is about. But it is a major part of what the "new covenant" is according to Jesus. And according to Jesus with your own favorite phrase (while he walked on earth).

" And similarly the cup after they had dined, saying, This cup is THE NEW COVENANT established in My blood, which is being poured out for you." (Luke 22:20)

Compare with sister passage Matthew 26:27

"For this is My blood of THE COVENANT, which is being poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins." (Matt. 26:27)
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jan '17 17:581 edit
    C'mon Shane! Come back Shane !
  15. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    21 Jan '17 18:031 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    C'mon Shane! Come back Shane !
    - Somebody's comin', Pa!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree