1. Playing with matches
    Moves
    20 Feb '11 06:32
    Originally posted by Dasa
    We have all heard it at school in the science class… In the begining there was nothing… and from that nothing came a big bang, caused by no one coming from nowhere… It created all the mass of the universe completely by chance [according to Einstein's Theory]…

The mass then contracted and automatically formed all the planets and set them into motion, all orbi ...[text shortened]... he Internet and I back it up 100%....and is there anyone else joining the clan of the truthful.
    Jesus christ you're like some sort of retarded Wikipedia. www.wikitard.com
  2. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Feb '11 07:18
    Originally posted by Agerg
    You seem to be of the opinion that the science that gives rise to the technology you take for granted, and the science which undermines the teachings of your holy book fall into two non-overlapping categories - this is not true, they are connected. Science is not concerned with gods or the supernatural - it just follows, as a consequence of what fits with the ...[text shortened]... the writings inside the Vedanta or any other "book of truth" we'd be living in the stone age.
    I dont know why you have commented as such, because you are fully aware that I have clearly stated, that I am not talking about technologies science.

I have stated this a few times.

I am talking about the sciences that involve themselves in telling, to the public how life is existing and came about....you know this.
  3. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Feb '11 07:19
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
    Jesus christ you're like some sort of retarded Wikipedia. www.wikitard.com
    Why should I be attacked for simply presenting the truth.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Feb '11 09:321 edit
    Why should I be attacked for simply presenting the truth.
    BECAUSE

IT

ISN'T

THE

TRUTH

IT'S

JUST

YOUR

OPINION
  5. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Feb '11 11:00
    Originally posted by divegeester
    BECAUSE

IT

ISN'T

THE

TRUTH

IT'S

JUST

YOUR

OPINION
    Animal care and protection is not a belief.......but it is a necessary requirement for all persons on the spiritual path........or else they are not genuine.

Rejecting the teaching that dead bodies can jump out of the grave is not a belief but the plain truth.

Rejecting the false teaching that we only have one life is not a belief but the plain truth.

Actually I dont believe anything....but only know what is truth and what is false.
  6. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    20 Feb '11 11:03
    Animal care and protection is not a belief.......but it is a necessary requirement for all persons on the spiritual path........or else they are not genuine.

Rejecting the teaching that dead bodies can jump out of the grave is not a belief but the plain truth.

Rejecting the false teaching that we only have one life is not a belief but the plain truth.

Actually I dont believe anything....but only know what is truth and what is false.
    Dishonest

And

Spirtually

Absent
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    20 Feb '11 14:41
    And that is why you get 'attacked'. You are so confident that you are right - when it is obvious to everyone else that you are not. If you were really telling the truth then you would be able to defend against those 'attacks' with explanations and logic, whereas your usual response is avoidance and insults.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Feb '11 16:241 edit
    Me and and a mate perused the contents of a creationist "science textbook" a while back that he received as a joke present from his parents after a trip to america...we laughed our f'kin heads off. One can only assume Dasa, and other zealots round here read the dumbed down and god biased versions of these books.

It was very coloruful though! 🙂
    Well it certainly never managed to expand your vocabulary beyond expletives nor apparently improve your spelling. I guess looking at the pictures must have been good enough for you.
  9. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    20 Feb '11 16:593 edits
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Well it certainly never managed to expand your vocabulary beyond expletives nor apparently improve your spelling. I guess looking at the pictures must have been good enough for you.
    Well I would never have supposed that humpty-dumpty science books should serve to increase one's vocabulary anyway. As for spelling mistakes (typos); trivial as they are, committing them from time to time enables lackwits like yourself to say something which is true for once!

Indeed, were it the case I ran all my posts through the MS Word squiggly line test then your responses to me would be entirely wrong!
  10. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    20 Feb '11 17:04
    Well I would never have considered that humpty-dumpty science books should serve to increase one's vocabulary anyway. As for spelling mistakes (typos); trivial as they are, committing them from time to time enables lackwits like yourself to say something which is true for once!

Indeed, were it the case I ran all my posts through the MS word squiggly line test then your responses to me would be entirely wrong!
    Oh dear you may be doomed anyway. In Britain we find that the MS spell checker consistently messes up our spelling by demanding American instead of real English. We end up losing our confidence and that applies to even my wife, who taught for over thirty years and could spot a spelling error at twenty paces.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Feb '11 17:091 edit
    Well I would never have supposed that humpty-dumpty science books should serve to increase one's vocabulary anyway. As for spelling mistakes (typos); trivial as they are, committing them from time to time enables lackwits like yourself to say something which is true for once!

Indeed, were it the case I ran all my posts through the MS Word squiggly line test then your responses to me would be entirely wrong!
    were it the case???

Is that English or a kind of hybrid vernacular ? Even Humpty books are better than nothing.
  12. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    20 Feb '11 17:12
    We have all heard it at school in the science class… In the begining there was nothing… and from that nothing came a big bang, caused by no one coming from nowhere… It created all the mass of the universe completely by chance [according to Einstein's Theory]…

The mass then contracted and automatically formed all the planets and set them into motion, all orbi ...[text shortened]... he Internet and I back it up 100%....and is there anyone else joining the clan of the truthful.
    “...We have all heard it at school in the science class… In the begining there was nothing…”

I for one haven't! You must have gone to a strange “science class” (or was it a “creationist propaganda class”? ).
    Science does NOT say there was a point in time where there was “nothing” ; and that INCLUDES the “beginning”.

You also say a lot of other crap that has been already debunked by me and others in other threads and yet you just repeat it.
    and you obviously don't understand what the Big Bang theory says.
  13. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    20 Feb '11 17:174 edits
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    were it the case???

Is that English or a kind of hybrid vernacular ? Even Humpty books are better than nothing.
    "were it the case" is a commonly used string of words to specify that what follows afterwards should be supposed to have occured in a hypothetical sense - given that it hasn't actually occured. Feel free to type that string into Google (surrounded by quotes) to check if it is only I who commits such 'errors'.

Sorry but no gold star for you this time robsworth. :'(
  14. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    20 Feb '11 17:18

Just a few of the false premises in this argument.

Big Bang theory is not a problem for many Christians and does not prevent many scientists practising their Christian faith. It is only a problem for people within certain evangelical sects who demand the literal truth of the Bible, something that other Christians do not see as even important let alone valid.

From the outset, it is not the case that science was on a mission to destroy religion. Quite the reverse is true. For example, one of Galileo's complaints to the Vatican (which many cardinals supported at the time) was that, if the Church insists on making claims that are demonstrably nonsense, then it risks bringing the Church into ridicule among educated people across Europe. That is a lesson the Catholic Church certainly decided to learn, albeit slowly and selectively. I am perfectly aware that many Christians are not Catholic - this is an EXAMPLE to say science has not got a record of seeking to harm religion.

Scientist have not ignored the theory of "intelligent design." They have tested it to destruction. If for instance you read a decent biography of Charles Darwin, you will see that he hugely admired the theory of intelligent design and relinquished it only after obsessively testing and experimenting to try and show that mere random chance was insufficient to account for complexity in biology. The point is that his work proved that there is no need for any other explanation. This is not what he wanted to find and he was profoundly disturbed and upset by his own research findings. You may say what you will, but it is FALSE to say he did not consider intelligent design. The point is he had a bias IN FAVOUR of intelligent design and struggled for years before he was forced BY EVIDENCE to abandon it. That applies generally.
  15. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    20 Feb '11 17:27
    Originally posted by finnegan
    Oh dear you may be doomed anyway. In Britain we find that the MS spell checker consistently messes up our spelling by demanding American instead of real English. We end up losing our confidence and that applies to even my wife, who taught for over thirty years and could spot a spelling error at twenty paces.
    Aye - I hate it when it wants to do things like swap 'colour' for 'color' and sticking 'z's all over the shop.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree