1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Nov '14 16:011 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    Dear God in heaven, it's Mr. Sustainable! 😲

So tell us Mr. Sustainable, at what population level does the sky fall?

I suppose you are proud of the Chinese as they force people to abort babies on the premise that they can only have one.

It appears tyranny is our salvation!!
    So I guess you are ok with the predictions human population will exceed 12 BILLION by 2100. That is not so far away in time, just 86 years. Did you get the part where we 7 billion are using up already 50 percent of the planetary resources?

Just where would you plan to PUT 12 billion people? All in megacities, 100 million in a city? Thousands of ultra high rises doing nothing but growing crops.?

You don't think with population that large there won't be literally millions of people starving? That kind of a vision is ok with you?
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Nov '14 00:57
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Or we could raise taxes back to 1945 levels. Plenty of people and corporations STILL got rich back then and the government was able to do more for people.

The time from then til now has seen the largest shift in money that used to go to the government now going directly to the corporations. Are we better off? Heck no. Have we gotten anything back fro ...[text shortened]... ing than give more to those who have everything.

Too bad Conservatives don't see it this way.
    I was born in 1944 and was too young to know. So you certainly could not have known, since you were not even born. I suspect you are repeating liberal propaganda you have heard from the Democrats. 😏

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree