I don't believe in Obama

I don't believe in Obama

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
13 Oct 14

Originally posted by whodey
I've come to the conclusion that I no longer believe in the atheist god Obama. There is a reason he is referred to as an "empty suit".

I don't think that such a person actually exists. No god could be so short sided, arrogant, and vengeful as he hunts down his adversaries with the IRS and further destroy the Middle class and kills people all over the wor ...[text shortened]... es and sound bites, but there are stunt doubles and reproduced sound bites to help explain that.
So, just like the Christian god, eh.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
13 Oct 14

Originally posted by divegeester
Oh yeah, and GWB was a born again Christian raising the dead and healing the sick.

🙄
GWB had the mistaken belief that Islam was a religion of peace, but he was certainly more Christian than Obama.

Moves
13 Oct 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
GWB had the mistaken belief that Islam was a religion of peace, but he was certainly more Christian than Obama.
Then I'm convinced, thank you.

F

Moves
13 Oct 14
1 edit

“The sweetest sound I know is the Muslim call to prayer”
It is a very evocative sound. The one that will start up in 30-60 mins from now before dawn here where I am [a bit of an onerous deadline has me working in my home office here in the middle of the night!] will start up ~ the singer in the local one has a pretty good voice ~ but then it also starts up in another mosque 300 metres away, and then another and then another, layer upon layer of sound, spread right across the city, an absorbing ambient soundscape ~ it definitely sounds "holy" in a way similar to Gregorian Chant [albeit less beautiful, I'd say] or the delicate and enigmatic scales of Gamelan as used by Javanese Christians here, or the evocative sounds of Tibetan monks chanting/singing, or the exuberant and joyous singing of hymns in Catholic churches in Papua where I lived for a few years. The Muslim call to prayer is perhaps not "the sweetest sound" to me, but it is a sacred musical form that certainly is beautiful and exudes piety and an atmosphere of impassioned and devout prayer.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
13 Oct 14

Originally posted by FMF
It is a very evocative sound. The one that will start up in 30-60 mins from now before dawn here where I am [a bit of an onerous deadline has me working in my home office here in the middle of the night!] will start up ~ the singer in the local one has a pretty good voice ~ but then it also starts up in another mosque 300 metres away, and then another and then a ...[text shortened]... that certainly is beautiful and exudes piety and an atmosphere of impassioned and devout prayer.
I know all about it. Lived in Jerusalem for 4 years. I still want freedom FROM religion. I don't LIKE waking up to stupid bells going off calling christians to arms or whatever or all the mosque songs waking you up either.

Why can't we just have silence like in a forest? THAT is peaceful, not all that clatter. We don't have to obsess over religion, that is what organized religion does, causes people to obsess and then start wars over religious principles.

One thing for ABSOLUTE sure: Not all religions can be right. SOME of them are absolutely BS, and my stance is they are ALL BS, we just PRETEND we know anything at all about spiritual values and such. All we really know is what smart people have written. Not the same thing. If a human tries to tell me about spiritual values I turn off instantly.

A deity wants to come down and whisper in my ear. AFTER I get checked out psychologically, maybe then I would listen. To Humans? NEVER.

F

Moves
13 Oct 14
1 edit

Originally posted by sonhouse
I know all about it. Lived in Jerusalem for 4 years. I still want freedom FROM religion. I don't LIKE waking up to stupid bells going off calling christians to arms or whatever or all the mosque songs waking you up either.

Why can't we just have silence like in a forest? THAT is peaceful, not all that clatter. We don't have to obsess over religion, that ...[text shortened]... in my ear. AFTER I get checked out psychologically, maybe then I would listen. To Humans? NEVER.
Religious contemplation and fervour has been behind some of the most outstanding and inspiring art and music that mankind has ever produced. You moved to Jerusalem ~ an epicentre of three religions [though you say you "want freedom from religion"] ~ and then you ask "Why can't we just have silence like in a forest?" Why did you move to a bustling city if you wanted "silence like in a forest"? 😀

Moves
13 Oct 14

Originally posted by sonhouse

Why can't we just have silence like in a forest? THAT is peaceful, not all that clatter. We don't have to obsess over religion, that ...[text shortened]... in my ear. AFTER I get checked out psychologically, maybe then I would listen. To Humans? NEVER.
And yet here you are...

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
13 Oct 14
2 edits

Originally posted by FMF
It is a very evocative sound. The one that will start up in 30-60 mins from now before dawn here where I am [a bit of an onerous deadline has me working in my home office here in the middle of the night!] will start up ~ the singer in the local one has a pretty good voice ~ but then it also starts up in another mosque 300 metres away, and then another and then a ...[text shortened]... that certainly is beautiful and exudes piety and an atmosphere of impassioned and devout prayer.
Well, it is not my sound of choice and is even somewhat annoying at times. I really don't like any of that religious chanting stuff either.

I like Christain religious songs like "Holy Holy Holy".

w

Moves
14 Oct 14

Originally posted by divegeester
So your whole premise with this thread is just pointless rhetoric. Figured.
Pointless?

I reject the collective salvation promised by demagogues like we hear from Obama....er....um....his stunt double.

w

Moves
14 Oct 14

I don't believe GWB thinks that.

What you are left with is how to do PR for a world religion that has leached on to billions of people across the globe. Do you declare war on the entier globe or pretend they are not really your adversary?

w

Moves
14 Oct 14

Originally posted by Suzianne
Only a right-winger would say that left-wingers are weak because they care for helping others. Right-wingers, on the other hand, claim the poor deserve to have nothing and they fight tooth and nail against all efforts to help them. I'd rather be called "weak" and care for the poor and needy than to be called "strong" and not give a rat's ass about anybody besides myself.
I was only mocking the position of leftists who defend abortion on the premise that the unborn are parasites because they are dependent on their host.

Being a left winger, what is your rationalization for killing around 50 million unborn children?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
14 Oct 14

I don't believe GWB thinks that.

What you are left with is how to do PR for a world religion that has leached on to billions of people across the globe. Do you declare war on the entier globe or pretend they are not really your adversary?
God forbid.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
14 Oct 14

Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
When he speaks, it's just W with less gaffes. I hear him use the same rhetoric, like "the enemies of freedom will be hunted down, wherever they are." And Congress - both Republican and Democrat - are right there with him.
There's a global agenda being perpetrated right under our noses.

But we're to busy enjoying the good life to revolt. It will be too late when we do. They have all the big guns! And the money. It's one big global corporate entity owned by the stockholders. The elite.

There's not enough to go around, so population reduction is imperative. We'll be at each other's throats while they are safely guarded by the military.

What on earth am I saying!? 😲 I'm not part of any "right wing extremist conspiracy militias".

w

Moves
14 Oct 14
1 edit

Originally posted by josephw
There's a global agenda being perpetrated right under our noses.

But we're to busy enjoying the good life to revolt. It will be too late when we do. They have all the big guns! And the money. It's one big global corporate entity owned by the stockholders. The elite.

There's not enough to go around, so population reduction is imperative. We'll be at ea ...[text shortened]...
What on earth am I saying!? 😲 I'm not part of any "right wing extremist conspiracy militias".
You are correct, the left is obsessed with population reduction.

The trick is to do it so that they don't lose power and are not adversely effected or inconvenienced in any way. That means having enough slave labor to maintain their quality of life.

I once read about how cockroaches were being controlled by placing a neurostimulator on their heads. You could then use a remote control to force them to move. Perhaps that is our future.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
14 Oct 14

You are correct, the left is obsessed with population reduction.

The trick is to do it so that they don't lose power and are not adversely effected or inconvenienced in any way. That means having enough slave labor to maintain their quality of life.

I once read about how cockroaches were being controlled by placing a neurostimulator on their heads. You could then use a remote control to force them to move. Perhaps that is our future.
Slave labor in the form of voting illegal emigrants.

Don't speak out too loudly. The IRS hound dog will bite you.